MX23RW : Wednesday, June 12 16:43:17| >> :300:86500:86500:
Belgian Pro League | Gameweek 10
May 26, 2024 at 5.30pm UK
Stade Joseph Marien
Genk

Union SG
2 - 0
Genk

Vanhoutte (37'), Nilsson (80' pen.)
Teklab (42'), Vanhoutte (66'), Burgess (88')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Zeqiri (63')
El Ouahdi (78')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Belgian Pro League clash between Union SG and Genk, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Cercle Brugge 1-2 Union SG
Sunday, May 19 at 12.30pm in Belgian Pro League
Last Game: Genk 1-0 Antwerp
Monday, May 20 at 5.30pm in Belgian Pro League

We said: Union SG 2-1 Genk

Needing all three points to stand any chance of being crowned champions, Union SG are faced with a must-win clash this weekend, and we are backing them to rise up to the task and come out on top at the sound of the final whistle. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Union SG win with a probability of 51.55%. A win for Genk had a probability of 25.46% and a draw had a probability of 23%.

The most likely scoreline for a Union SG win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.68%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.78%) and 2-0 (7.98%). The likeliest Genk win was 1-2 (6.46%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.64%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Union SG would win this match.

Result
Union SGDrawGenk
51.55% (-0.032000000000004 -0.03) 23% (0.012 0.01) 25.46% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Both teams to score 58.86% (-0.019999999999996 -0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.37% (-0.035000000000004 -0.04)41.63% (0.036000000000001 0.04)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
35.97% (-0.034999999999997 -0.03)64.03% (0.036000000000008 0.04)
Union SG Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.76% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02)16.24% (0.026 0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
54.24% (-0.043999999999997 -0.04)45.76% (0.045999999999999 0.05)
Genk Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.27% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)29.73% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
34.21% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)65.79% (0.0049999999999955 0)
Score Analysis
    Union SG 51.55%
    Genk 25.46%
    Draw 22.99%
Union SGDrawGenk
2-1 @ 9.68% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
1-0 @ 8.78% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
2-0 @ 7.98% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-1 @ 5.86% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-0 @ 4.83% (-0.0040000000000004 -0)
3-2 @ 3.56% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
4-1 @ 2.66% (-0.004 -0)
4-0 @ 2.2% (-0.0029999999999997 -0)
4-2 @ 1.62% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
5-1 @ 0.97% (-0.003 -0)
Other @ 3.43%
Total : 51.55%
1-1 @ 10.64% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-2 @ 5.87% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-0 @ 4.83% (0.008 0.01)
3-3 @ 1.44% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 0.22%
Total : 22.99%
1-2 @ 6.46% (0.0039999999999996 0)
0-1 @ 5.86% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
0-2 @ 3.55% (0.0059999999999998 0.01)
1-3 @ 2.61% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-3 @ 2.37% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-3 @ 1.44% (0.002 0)
Other @ 3.17%
Total : 25.46%

How you voted: Union SG vs Genk

Union SG
83.3%
Draw
11.1%
Genk
5.6%
18
Head to Head
Apr 1, 2024 5.30pm
Gameweek 1
Genk
1-0
Union SG

Sykes (83'), Castro-Montes (90+6')
Burgess (90+5')
Feb 3, 2024 7.45pm
Gameweek 24
Genk
0-1
Union SG

Hrosovsky (53')
El Amine Amoura (67')
Moris (16'), Burgess (25'), Nilsson (71'), Vanhoutte (90+2')
Sep 16, 2023 5.15pm
Gameweek 7
Union SG
0-2
Genk

Vanhoutte (34')
Zeqiri (16'), Galarza (90+2')
Oyen (29'), El Khannous (43'), Munoz (45+1'), Galarza (45+3'), Paintsil (51'), Kayembe (56')
May 21, 2023 5.30pm
Gameweek 4
Genk
1-1
Union SG
McKenzie (13')
Okoh Boniface (39')
Burgess (44'), El Azzouzi (52')
May 14, 2023 5.30pm
Gameweek 3
Union SG
3-0
Genk
Burgess (12', 81'), Teuma (68' pen.)
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Friday, June 14
 
8pm
Saturday, June 15
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany00000
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Scotland flag Scotland00000
4 Switzerland Switzerland00000

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!