MX23RW : Friday, July 19 05:52:04| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Groningen
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NAC Breda
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Willem II
AZ Alkmaar
Eredivisie | Gameweek 32
May 5, 2024 at 3.45pm UK
AFAS Stadion
FC Twente logo

AZ
2 - 1
FC Twente

van Bommel (46'), Pavlidis (66')
van Bommel (8'), Sadiq (50'), Belic (59')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Steijn (5')
Propper (30')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Eredivisie clash between AZ Alkmaar and FC Twente, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Nijmegen 0-3 AZ
Sunday, April 28 at 11.15am in Eredivisie
Last Game: FC Twente 3-1 Almere City
Wednesday, April 24 at 5.45pm in Eredivisie

We said: AZ Alkmaar 1-2 FC Twente

AZ Alkmaar must win this match, but the fact that FC Twente can confirm a third-place finish with three points here will ensure that this is a tense match. However, the overall form and consistency of the visitors throughout this season is likely going to be the difference-maker here. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a AZ Alkmaar win with a probability of 54.7%. A win for FC Twente had a probability of 23.61% and a draw had a probability of 21.7%.

The most likely scoreline for an AZ Alkmaar win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.71%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.86%) and 2-0 (7.81%). The likeliest FC Twente win was 1-2 (6.07%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.76%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 2-1 win for AZ Alkmaar in this match.

Result
AZ AlkmaarDrawFC Twente
54.7% (-1.03 -1.03) 21.69% (0.278 0.28) 23.61% (0.747 0.75)
Both teams to score 61.39% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
62.65% (-0.458 -0.46)37.35% (0.454 0.45)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
40.43% (-0.494 -0.49)59.57% (0.489 0.49)
AZ Alkmaar Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
86.3% (-0.47 -0.47)13.69% (0.465 0.47)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
59.08% (-0.935 -0.94)40.92% (0.932 0.93)
FC Twente Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.13% (0.361 0.36)28.87% (-0.365 -0.37)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.26% (0.445 0.45)64.73% (-0.449 -0.45)
Score Analysis
    AZ Alkmaar 54.7%
    FC Twente 23.61%
    Draw 21.69%
AZ AlkmaarDrawFC Twente
2-1 @ 9.71% (-0.022 -0.02)
1-0 @ 7.86% (0.038 0.04)
2-0 @ 7.81% (-0.098 -0.1)
3-1 @ 6.43% (-0.127 -0.13)
3-0 @ 5.18% (-0.156 -0.16)
3-2 @ 4% (-0.038 -0.04)
4-1 @ 3.2% (-0.12 -0.12)
4-0 @ 2.57% (-0.124 -0.12)
4-2 @ 1.99% (-0.054 -0.05)
5-1 @ 1.27% (-0.071 -0.07)
5-0 @ 1.02% (-0.068 -0.07)
Other @ 3.65%
Total : 54.7%
1-1 @ 9.76% (0.145 0.15)
2-2 @ 6.03% (0.047 0.05)
0-0 @ 3.95% (0.086 0.09)
3-3 @ 1.66% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 0.28%
Total : 21.69%
1-2 @ 6.07% (0.15 0.15)
0-1 @ 4.91% (0.156 0.16)
0-2 @ 3.05% (0.127 0.13)
1-3 @ 2.51% (0.087 0.09)
2-3 @ 2.5% (0.045 0.05)
0-3 @ 1.26% (0.064 0.06)
Other @ 3.31%
Total : 23.61%

How you voted: AZ vs FC Twente

AZ Alkmaar
34.9%
Draw
30.2%
FC Twente
34.9%
43
Head to Head
Jan 13, 2024 5.45pm
Gameweek 17
FC Twente
2-1
AZ
Ugalde (42', 70')
Eiting (66'), Taha (86'), Propper (90+2')
Odgaard (4')
Martins Indi (65'), Bazoer (86')
Mar 19, 2023 7pm
Gameweek 26
FC Twente
2-1
AZ
Ugalde (8', 11')
Karlsson (66')
Sep 11, 2022 3.45pm
Gameweek 6
AZ
1-1
FC Twente
Odgaard (54')
Ugalde (81')
Mar 13, 2022 7pm
Gameweek 23
AZ
0-1
FC Twente
Brenet (62')
Sadilek (38'), Propper (79')
Sep 23, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 6
FC Twente
3-1
AZ
Van Wolfswinkel (1'), Rots (17'), Limnios (90+1')
Propper (57')
Karlsson (44')
Martins Indi (39'), de Wit (51'), Gudmundsson (84'), Hatzidiakos (90')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ajax00000000
2Almere CityAlmere City00000000
3AZ AlkmaarAZ00000000
4Groningen00000000
5FC Twente00000000
6FC UtrechtUtrecht00000000
7Feyenoord00000000
8Fortuna SittardSittard00000000
9Go Ahead Eagles00000000
10Heracles00000000
11NAC BredaNAC Breda00000000
12NECNijmegen00000000
13PEC Zwolle00000000
14PSV EindhovenPSV00000000
15RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk00000000
16Heerenveen00000000
17Sparta RotterdamSparta00000000
18Willem II00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!