MX23RW : Sunday, July 21 14:35:08| >> :60:281:281:
Argentina national football team
Friendlies 1
Jun 15, 2024 at 1am UK
Estadio Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti
Guatemala national football team

Argentina
4 - 1
Guatemala

Messi (12', 77'), Martinez (39' pen., 66')
Otamendi (21'), Martinez (63')
FT(HT: 2-1)
Martinez (4' og.)
Leonel Dominguez-Ramirez (29')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's friendly clash between Argentina and Guatemala, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
International Friendlies
Last Game: Argentina 1-0 Ecuador
Monday, June 10 at 12am in International Friendlies
All competitions
International Friendlies
Last Game: British Virgin I. 0-3 Guatemala
Saturday, June 8 at 8pm in World Cup Qualifying - North Central America

We said: Argentina 3-0 Guatemala

It is very difficult to imagine any result other than a comfortable Argentina win. It was 3-0 when the two teams last locked horns in September 2018, and we are predicting the same scoreline here, as Argentina round off their preparations for what is shaping up to be a fascinating Copa America. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Argentina win with a probability of 68.25%. A draw had a probability of 18.9% and a win for Guatemala had a probability of 12.85%.

The most likely scoreline for an Argentina win was 2-0 with a probability of 11.9%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (11.02%) and 2-1 (9.7%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.98%), while for a Guatemala win it was 0-1 (4.16%). The actual scoreline of 4-1 was predicted with a 3.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Argentina would win this match.

Result
ArgentinaDrawGuatemala
68.25% (-0.429 -0.43) 18.9% (0.273 0.27) 12.85% (0.158 0.16)
Both teams to score 49.31% (-0.46 -0.46)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.14% (-0.856 -0.86)42.86% (0.858 0.86)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.74% (-0.853 -0.85)65.26% (0.855 0.86)
Argentina Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.48% (-0.35599999999999 -0.36)11.52% (0.358 0.36)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
63.59% (-0.776 -0.78)36.41% (0.779 0.78)
Guatemala Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
55.73% (-0.294 -0.29)44.27% (0.296 0.3)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
19.65% (-0.241 -0.24)80.35% (0.244 0.24)
Score Analysis
    Argentina 68.24%
    Guatemala 12.85%
    Draw 18.9%
ArgentinaDrawGuatemala
2-0 @ 11.9% (0.1 0.1)
1-0 @ 11.02% (0.26 0.26)
2-1 @ 9.7% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
3-0 @ 8.58% (-0.045 -0.04)
3-1 @ 6.99% (-0.094 -0.09)
4-0 @ 4.64% (-0.092 -0.09)
4-1 @ 3.78% (-0.107 -0.11)
3-2 @ 2.85% (-0.062 -0.06)
5-0 @ 2% (-0.07 -0.07)
5-1 @ 1.63% (-0.07 -0.07)
4-2 @ 1.54% (-0.056 -0.06)
Other @ 3.61%
Total : 68.24%
1-1 @ 8.98% (0.139 0.14)
0-0 @ 5.1% (0.191 0.19)
2-2 @ 3.95% (-0.029 -0.03)
Other @ 0.87%
Total : 18.9%
0-1 @ 4.16% (0.123 0.12)
1-2 @ 3.66% (0.026 0.03)
0-2 @ 1.69% (0.037 0.04)
2-3 @ 1.07% (-0.016 -0.02)
1-3 @ 0.99%
Other @ 1.28%
Total : 12.85%

How you voted: Argentina vs Guatemala

Argentina
85.9%
Draw
2.4%
Guatemala
11.8%
85
Head to Head
Sep 8, 2018 4am
International Friendlies
Argentina
3-0
Guatemala
Martinez (27' pen.), Lo Celso (35'), Simeone (44')
Vazquez (63'), Tagliafico (79'), Simeone (90')

Norales (51'), Contreras (58'), Marquez (70')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bournemouth00000000
2Arsenal00000000
3Aston Villa00000000
4Brentford00000000
5Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000
9Fulham00000000
10Ipswich TownIpswich00000000
11Leicester CityLeicester00000000
12Liverpool00000000
13Manchester CityMan City00000000
14Manchester UnitedMan Utd00000000
15Newcastle UnitedNewcastle00000000
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest00000000
17Southampton00000000
18Tottenham HotspurSpurs00000000
19West Ham UnitedWest Ham00000000
20Wolverhampton WanderersWolves00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!