MX23RW : Sunday, July 21 03:20:01| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
DC United
Major League Soccer
May 16, 2024 at 12.30am UK
Audi Field
New York Red Bulls

DC United
1 - 4
NY Red Bulls

Bartlett (65')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Manoel (45+2'), Harper (52'), Morgan (57'), Burke (90+3')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Major League Soccer clash between DC United and New York Red Bulls, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Atlanta 2-3 DC United
Sunday, May 12 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: NY Red Bulls 4-2 New England
Sunday, May 12 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer

We said: DC United 2-2 New York Red Bulls

Both these sides have been in good goal-scoring from this season and are coming off positive results over the weekend. Based on recent form, this looks like a very even match on paper, and we feel there will be nothing to separate the sides at the full-time whistle. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a DC United win with a probability of 52.13%. A win for New York Red Bulls had a probability of 24.46% and a draw had a probability of 23.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a DC United win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.73%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.67%) and 2-0 (8.55%). The likeliest New York Red Bulls win was 1-2 (6.26%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11%). The actual scoreline of 1-4 was predicted with a 0.7% likelihood.

Result
DC UnitedDrawNew York Red Bulls
52.13% (0.033999999999999 0.03) 23.41% (0.0060000000000002 0.01) 24.46% (-0.043000000000003 -0.04)
Both teams to score 56.36% (-0.073 -0.07)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
55.55% (-0.076000000000001 -0.08)44.44% (0.074000000000005 0.07)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
33.18% (-0.074999999999996 -0.07)66.82% (0.070999999999998 0.07)
DC United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.94% (-0.016000000000005 -0.02)17.06% (0.013000000000002 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.77% (-0.027999999999999 -0.03)47.23% (0.024999999999999 0.02)
New York Red Bulls Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.96% (-0.078000000000003 -0.08)32.04% (0.075000000000003 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.49% (-0.088000000000001 -0.09)68.51% (0.085000000000008 0.09)
Score Analysis
    DC United 52.13%
    New York Red Bulls 24.46%
    Draw 23.41%
DC UnitedDrawNew York Red Bulls
2-1 @ 9.73% (0.0019999999999989 0)
1-0 @ 9.67% (0.026 0.03)
2-0 @ 8.55% (0.019 0.02)
3-1 @ 5.73% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
3-0 @ 5.04% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
3-2 @ 3.26% (-0.008 -0.01)
4-1 @ 2.54% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
4-0 @ 2.23% (0.0029999999999997 0)
4-2 @ 1.44% (-0.004 -0)
Other @ 3.95%
Total : 52.13%
1-1 @ 11% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-2 @ 5.54% (-0.011 -0.01)
0-0 @ 5.47% (0.017 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.24% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 0.17%
Total : 23.41%
1-2 @ 6.26% (-0.008 -0.01)
0-1 @ 6.22% (0.0070000000000006 0.01)
0-2 @ 3.54% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
1-3 @ 2.38% (-0.008 -0.01)
2-3 @ 2.1% (-0.008 -0.01)
0-3 @ 1.34% (-0.0050000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 2.61%
Total : 24.46%

How you voted: DC United vs NY Red Bulls

DC United
41.7%
Draw
16.7%
New York Red Bulls
41.7%
12
Head to Head
Sep 24, 2023 12.30am
DC United
3-5
NY Red Bulls
Benteke (21', 36', 45+2' pen.)
Canouse (25'), Hines-Ike (55'), Benteke (83')
Fernandez (17', 44'), Harper (45+5'), Nealis (58'), Tolkin (90+3')
Duncan (64'), Nealis (66')
Aug 21, 2023 12.30am
NY Red Bulls
1-0
DC United
Tolkin (88')
Yearwood (44'), Reyes (78'), Duncan (82')

Durkin (36'), Williams (54')
Aug 7, 2022 12.30am
May 29, 2022 12am
Oct 28, 2021 12.30am
Gameweek 42
DC United
1-0
NY Red Bulls
Paredes (9')
Moreno (36'), Najar (64')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter MiamiInter Miami25165456391753
2FC CincinnatiCincinnati25153744331148
3Columbus Crew23127447222543
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls251011442311141
5New York City FCNY City2511593630638
6Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2510783027337
7Orlando City259793938134
8Toronto2693143447-1330
9Atlanta UnitedAtlanta2577113536-128
10Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia2569104542327
11CF MontrealMontreal2569103449-1527
12Nashville SCNashville2568112639-1326
13DC United2568113550-1526
14Chicago Fire2567123042-1225
15New England RevolutionNew England2372142347-2423

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Los Angeles FCLos Angeles24145547301747
2Los Angeles GalaxyLA Galaxy26138547341347
3Real Salt LakeSalt Lake25128550331744
4Colorado RapidsColorado2612594942741
5Vancouver WhitecapsVancouver2411584033738
6Portland TimbersPortland2510784839937
7Seattle SoundersSeattle2510783428637
8Houston DynamoHouston2410773327637
9Minnesota UnitedMinnesota Utd2596104041-133
10Austin FCAustin2587102837-931
11Dallas2586113839-130
12Sporting Kansas CityKansas2666144152-1124
13St Louis City25411103246-1423
14San Jose EarthquakesEarthquakes2542193161-3014


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!