MX23RW : Sunday, July 21 16:22:48| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Montreal Impact
Major League Soccer
May 16, 2024 at 12.30am UK
Stade Saputo
Columbus Crew

Montreal
1 - 3
Columbus Crew

Choiniere (45+2' pen.)
Choiniere (35'), Lassiter (39')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Arfsten (19'), Rossi (59'), Hinestroza (89')
Camacho (41'), Schulte (45+1'), Yeboah (77')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Major League Soccer clash between CF Montreal and Columbus Crew, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Montreal 2-3 Inter Miami
Sunday, May 12 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: Columbus Crew 1-2 Cincinnati
Sunday, May 12 at 12.45am in Major League Soccer

We said: CF Montreal 1-1 Columbus Crew

Something tells us that Montreal will be extra motivated for this match, not just because of their collapse last weekend, but also to give their current manager an ego boost against their former boss. That said, the Crew have tremendous resilience and have fared well in intimidating environments all season, which is why we project they will nab a point. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Columbus Crew win with a probability of 40.64%. A win for CF Montreal had a probability of 35.65% and a draw had a probability of 23.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Columbus Crew win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.68%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (7.13%) and 0-2 (5.77%). The likeliest CF Montreal win was 2-1 (8.06%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.71%). The actual scoreline of 1-3 was predicted with a 4.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Columbus Crew would win this match.

Result
CF MontrealDrawColumbus Crew
35.65% (0.014000000000003 0.01) 23.71% (0.0019999999999989 0) 40.64% (-0.018999999999998 -0.02)
Both teams to score 62.38% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
60.39% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)39.6% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
38.05% (-0.0080000000000027 -0.01)61.95% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
CF Montreal Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.77% (0.0030000000000001 0)22.22% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.35% (0.0069999999999979 0.01)55.65% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)
Columbus Crew Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.2% (-0.012 -0.01)19.79% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.14% (-0.018999999999998 -0.02)51.85% (0.015999999999998 0.02)
Score Analysis
    CF Montreal 35.65%
    Columbus Crew 40.65%
    Draw 23.7%
CF MontrealDrawColumbus Crew
2-1 @ 8.06% (0.0019999999999989 0)
1-0 @ 6.62% (0.0029999999999992 0)
2-0 @ 4.98% (0.0029999999999992 0)
3-1 @ 4.04% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-2 @ 3.27%
3-0 @ 2.49% (0.0020000000000002 0)
4-1 @ 1.52% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-2 @ 1.23%
4-0 @ 0.94% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.5%
Total : 35.65%
1-1 @ 10.71%
2-2 @ 6.53%
0-0 @ 4.4% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-3 @ 1.77%
Other @ 0.3%
Total : 23.7%
1-2 @ 8.68% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
0-1 @ 7.13%
0-2 @ 5.77% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
1-3 @ 4.69% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
2-3 @ 3.52% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-3 @ 3.12% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
1-4 @ 1.9% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
2-4 @ 1.43% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-4 @ 1.26% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 3.16%
Total : 40.65%

How you voted: Montreal vs Columbus Crew

CF Montreal
50.0%
Draw
12.5%
Columbus Crew
37.5%
8
Head to Head
Apr 28, 2024 12.30am
Oct 21, 2023 11pm
Sep 3, 2023 12.30am
Montreal
2-4
Columbus Crew
Opoku (52'), Vilsaint (68')
Jabang (18'), Miljevic (90+4')
Corbo (14' og.), Camilo Hernandez (22', 43', 65')
Yeboah (29'), Amundsen (46'), Schulte (86')
Sep 10, 2022 12.30am
Aug 4, 2022 12.30am
Columbus Crew
1-2
Montreal
Diaz Espinoza (47')
Waterman (30')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter MiamiInter Miami25165456391753
2FC CincinnatiCincinnati25153744331148
3Columbus Crew23127447222543
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls251011442311141
5New York City FCNY City2511593630638
6Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2510783027337
7Orlando City259793938134
8Toronto2693143447-1330
9Atlanta UnitedAtlanta2577113536-128
10Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia2569104542327
11CF MontrealMontreal2569103449-1527
12Nashville SCNashville2568112639-1326
13DC United2568113550-1526
14Chicago Fire2567123042-1225
15New England RevolutionNew England2372142347-2423

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Los Angeles GalaxyLA Galaxy26147550361449
2Los Angeles FCLos Angeles24145548301847
3Real Salt LakeSalt Lake25128551341744
4Colorado RapidsColorado2612595043741
5Vancouver WhitecapsVancouver2411584335838
6Houston DynamoHouston2410773530537
7Seattle SoundersSeattle2510783429537
8Portland TimbersPortland2510695042836
9Minnesota UnitedMinnesota Utd2596104041-133
10Austin FCAustin2587102837-931
11Dallas2586113839-130
12Sporting Kansas CityKansas2666144152-1124
13St Louis City25411103246-1423
14San Jose EarthquakesEarthquakes2542193161-3014


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!