MX23RW : Friday, July 19 22:53:14| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
New York City
Major League Soccer
May 5, 2024 at 9pm UK
Yankee Stadium
Colorado Rapids

NY City
0 - 2
Colorado


Rodriguez (37')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Navarro (16'), Bassett (86')
Larraz (20')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Major League Soccer clash between New York City FC and Colorado Rapids, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: NY City 2-1 Charlotte FC
Sunday, April 28 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: Cincinnati 2-1 Colorado
Sunday, April 28 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer

We said: New York City FC 2-1 Colorado Rapids

It may have taken a little longer than Cushing had hoped, but it seems as though the NYCFC youngsters have figured out how to handle these pressure situations and win close games. Colorado are vastly improved and have some quality attacking pieces to watch out for, but we believe there are still some growing pains that will happen before they can truly turn the corner. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a New York City FC win with a probability of 55.9%. A win for Colorado Rapids had a probability of 22.99% and a draw had a probability of 21.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a New York City FC win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.65%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (7.63%) and 1-0 (7.38%). The likeliest Colorado Rapids win was 1-2 (5.9%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.34%). The actual scoreline of 0-2 was predicted with a 2.9% likelihood.

Result
New York City FCDrawColorado Rapids
55.9% (-3.753 -3.75) 21.11% (0.581 0.58) 22.99% (3.167 3.17)
Both teams to score 62.69% (2.835 2.84)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
64.71% (1.535 1.54)35.28% (-1.539 -1.54)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
42.69% (1.688 1.69)57.3% (-1.691 -1.69)
New York City FC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.35% (-0.581 -0.58)12.64% (0.577 0.58)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
61.2% (-1.21 -1.21)38.79% (1.206 1.21)
Colorado Rapids Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.77% (3.696 3.7)28.23% (-3.7 -3.7)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.07% (4.444 4.44)63.93% (-4.448 -4.45)
Score Analysis
    New York City FC 55.9%
    Colorado Rapids 22.99%
    Draw 21.11%
New York City FCDrawColorado Rapids
2-1 @ 9.65% (-0.182 -0.18)
2-0 @ 7.63% (-0.983 -0.98)
1-0 @ 7.38% (-0.766 -0.77)
3-1 @ 6.65% (-0.279 -0.28)
3-0 @ 5.26% (-0.812 -0.81)
3-2 @ 4.21% (0.251 0.25)
4-1 @ 3.44% (-0.226 -0.23)
4-0 @ 2.72% (-0.49 -0.49)
4-2 @ 2.18% (0.083 0.08)
5-1 @ 1.42% (-0.127 -0.13)
5-0 @ 1.13% (-0.233 -0.23)
4-3 @ 0.92% (0.122 0.12)
Other @ 3.31%
Total : 55.9%
1-1 @ 9.34% (0.034000000000001 0.03)
2-2 @ 6.11% (0.49 0.49)
0-0 @ 3.57% (-0.284 -0.28)
3-3 @ 1.78% (0.269 0.27)
Other @ 0.32%
Total : 21.11%
1-2 @ 5.9% (0.594 0.59)
0-1 @ 4.51% (0.116 0.12)
0-2 @ 2.86% (0.344 0.34)
2-3 @ 2.57% (0.437 0.44)
1-3 @ 2.49% (0.469 0.47)
0-3 @ 1.2% (0.248 0.25)
Other @ 3.45%
Total : 22.99%

How you voted: NY City vs Colorado

New York City FC
44.4%
Draw
44.4%
Colorado Rapids
11.1%
9
Head to Head
Jun 19, 2022 10pm
NY City
1-1
Colorado
Magno (72')
Castellanos (68'), Morales (83')
Barrios (68')
Price (30'), Abubakar (56'), Acosta (73'), Wilson (76')
May 17, 2020 12am
Jul 21, 2019 2am
Colorado
1-2
NY City
Anderson (6')
Howard (36')
Anderson (33')
Heber (40'), Mitrita (83')
Matarrita (91'), Johnson (93')
May 19, 2018 6pm
Gameweek 13
NY City
4-0
Colorado
Villa (22', 74'), Matarrita (49'), Moralez (56')
McNamara (83')

Nicholson (3'), Wilson (31'), Azira (46'), Smith (84')
Sep 17, 2017 2am
Colorado
1-1
NY City
Badji (88')
Gatt (58')
McNamara (19')
Johnson (63'), McNamara (90')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter MiamiInter Miami24155454381650
2FC CincinnatiCincinnati24153643301348
3Columbus Crew22127346202643
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2491143930938
5New York City FCNY City2411493529637
6Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2410682825336
7Orlando City249693837133
8CF MontrealMontreal246993448-1427
9Toronto2583143347-1427
10Nashville SCNashville2468102636-1026
11DC United2568113550-1526
12Atlanta UnitedAtlanta2467113335-225
13Chicago Fire2467112940-1125
14Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia2459104242024
15New England RevolutionNew England2271142246-2422

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Los Angeles GalaxyLA Galaxy25137547341346
2Real Salt LakeSalt Lake24128449311844
3Los Angeles FCLos Angeles23135545301544
4Vancouver WhitecapsVancouver2311574031938
5Colorado RapidsColorado2511594741638
6Seattle SoundersSeattle2410773426837
7Portland TimbersPortland2410684839936
8Houston DynamoHouston239773127434
9Minnesota UnitedMinnesota Utd2486103841-330
10Austin FCAustin2486102635-930
11Dallas2485113738-129
12Sporting Kansas CityKansas2565144051-1123
13St Louis City24410103145-1422
14San Jose EarthquakesEarthquakes2442183159-2814


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!