MX23RW : Saturday, July 20 08:56:13| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arouca
Benfica
Boavista
Braga
Casa Pia
Estoril
Estrela Amadora
Famalicao logo
Gil Vicente logo
Moreirense
Nacional
Porto
Rio Ave
Farense logo
Santa Clara
Sporting Lisbon
Vitoria de Guimaraes
Gil Vicente logo
Primeira Liga | Gameweek 29
Apr 12, 2024 at 8.15pm UK
Estadio Cidade de Barcelos
Sporting Lisbon

Gil Vicente
0 - 4
Sporting Lisbon


Dominguez (49'), Kiko (52')
FT(HT: 0-4)
Trincao (7', 31'), Diomande (11'), Andrew (38' og.)

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's Primeira Liga clash between Gil Vicente and Sporting Lisbon, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Rio Ave 3-0 Gil Vicente
Saturday, April 6 at 3.30pm in Primeira Liga

We said: Gil Vicente 0-2 Sporting Lisbon

Gil Vicente are enduring a poor run of form, and the visit of the league leaders is not an ideal moment to try and turn those fortunes around. Sporting Lisbon are coming into this clash after back-to-back meetings with Benfica, so we feel that Amorim's side will be more than ready to earn three points on Friday night. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Sporting Lisbon win with a probability of 59.93%. A draw had a probability of 21.4% and a win for Gil Vicente had a probability of 18.66%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sporting Lisbon win was 0-1 with a probability of 10%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.96%) and 0-2 (9.89%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.07%), while for a Gil Vicente win it was 1-0 (5.09%). The actual scoreline of 0-4 was predicted with a 3.2% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Sporting Lisbon would win this match.

Result
Gil VicenteDrawSporting Lisbon
18.66% (0.047000000000001 0.05) 21.4% (0.029 0.03) 59.93% (-0.077000000000005 -0.08)
Both teams to score 54.66% (-0.012 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.31% (-0.058999999999997 -0.06)42.69% (0.056999999999995 0.06)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.9% (-0.060000000000002 -0.06)65.09% (0.055999999999997 0.06)
Gil Vicente Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
63.44% (0.015999999999998 0.02)36.56% (-0.016999999999996 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
26.65% (0.015999999999998 0.02)73.34% (-0.01700000000001 -0.02)
Sporting Lisbon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
86.15% (-0.043999999999997 -0.04)13.84% (0.042 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
58.78% (-0.085000000000001 -0.09)41.22% (0.084000000000003 0.08)
Score Analysis
    Gil Vicente 18.66%
    Sporting Lisbon 59.93%
    Draw 21.4%
Gil VicenteDrawSporting Lisbon
1-0 @ 5.09% (0.016 0.02)
2-1 @ 5.07% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-0 @ 2.56% (0.008 0.01)
3-1 @ 1.7% (0.004 0)
3-2 @ 1.68% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.56%
Total : 18.66%
1-1 @ 10.07% (0.02 0.02)
0-0 @ 5.06% (0.013 0.01)
2-2 @ 5.01% (0.0020000000000007 0)
3-3 @ 1.11% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 0.15%
Total : 21.4%
0-1 @ 10% (0.0030000000000001 0)
1-2 @ 9.96%
0-2 @ 9.89% (-0.004999999999999 -0)
1-3 @ 6.56% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-3 @ 6.52% (-0.013 -0.01)
2-3 @ 3.3% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
1-4 @ 3.24% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-4 @ 3.22% (-0.011 -0.01)
2-4 @ 1.63% (-0.004 -0)
1-5 @ 1.28% (-0.006 -0.01)
0-5 @ 1.28% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 3.03%
Total : 59.93%

How you voted: Gil Vicente vs Sporting Lisbon

Gil Vicente
12.8%
Draw
5.1%
Sporting Lisbon
82.1%
39
Head to Head
Dec 4, 2023 8.15pm
Gameweek 12
Sporting Lisbon
3-1
Gil Vicente
Tiba (43' og.), Gyokeres (52', 56')
Esgaio (39'), Reis (58'), Edwards (59'), Coates (75')
Fernandes (34')
Fernandes (72')
Apr 5, 2023 8.15pm
Sep 30, 2022 7pm
Gameweek 8
Sporting Lisbon
3-1
Gil Vicente
Morita (16'), Goncalves (22'), Rochinha (82')
Navarro (90+3')
May 1, 2022 8.30pm
Gameweek 32
Sporting Lisbon
4-1
Gil Vicente
Sarabia (21' pen.), Edwards (38'), Cunha (53' og.), Goncalves (63' pen.)
Nunes (59'), Paulinho (69'), Neto (83'), Reis (90+4')
Navarro (45+4')
Lino (12'), Pedrinho (62')
Dec 18, 2021 8.30pm
Gameweek 15
Gil Vicente
0-3
Sporting Lisbon

Carvalho (50')
Fujimoto (12')
Santos (53'), Inacio (64'), Braganca (90+3')
Goncalves (7'), Ugarte (20'), Nunes (45+3'), Coates (61'), Esteves (66')
Neto (21')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1AroucaArouca00000000
2AVS00000000
3Benfica00000000
4BoavistaBoavista00000000
5Casa Pia00000000
6Estoril PraiaEstoril00000000
7Estrela Amadora00000000
8FamalicaoFamalicao00000000
9SC FarenseFarense00000000
10Gil Vicente00000000
11MoreirenseMoreirense00000000
12Nacional00000000
13Porto00000000
14Rio AveRio Ave00000000
15Santa ClaraSanta Clara00000000
16Braga00000000
17Sporting Lisbon00000000
18Vitoria de GuimaraesGuimaraes00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!