MX23RW : Friday, July 19 05:46:03| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arouca
Benfica
Boavista
Braga
Casa Pia
Estoril
Estrela Amadora
Famalicao logo
Gil Vicente logo
Moreirense
Nacional
Porto
Rio Ave
Farense logo
Santa Clara
Sporting Lisbon
Vitoria de Guimaraes
Sporting Lisbon
Primeira Liga | Gameweek 20
Feb 12, 2023 at 6pm UK
Estádio José Alvalade
Porto

Sporting Lisbon
1 - 2
Porto

Chermiti (90+7')
Reis (42'), Ugarte (68'), Edwards (77'), Adan (90+6')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Uribe (60'), Pepe (90+4')
Galeno (44')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Primeira Liga clash between Sporting Lisbon and Porto, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Viseu 0-1 Porto
Wednesday, February 8 at 8.45pm in Taca de Portugal

We said: Sporting Lisbon 1-2 Porto

This will be an intriguing battle between a side very strong at home against a side who have been unbeatable for months now. Sporting have struggled to get the upper hand against the other two Portuguese giants this season though, so Porto may just have the edge. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Porto win with a probability of 42.12%. A win for Sporting Lisbon had a probability of 31.59% and a draw had a probability of 26.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Porto win was 0-1 with a probability of 10.6%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.78%) and 0-2 (7.44%). The likeliest Sporting Lisbon win was 1-0 (8.91%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.5%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with an 8.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 1-2 win for Porto in this match and our data analysis correctly predicted the win for Porto.

Result
Sporting LisbonDrawPorto
31.59% (-0.324 -0.32) 26.29% (-0.104 -0.1) 42.12% (0.436 0.44)
Both teams to score 52.24% (0.225 0.23)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
47.73% (0.343 0.34)52.27% (-0.335 -0.34)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.03% (0.294 0.29)73.97% (-0.28700000000001 -0.29)
Sporting Lisbon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.26% (-0.046000000000006 -0.05)30.75% (0.053000000000001 0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.99% (-0.057000000000002 -0.06)67.01% (0.064000000000007 0.06)
Porto Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.43% (0.378 0.38)24.57% (-0.372 -0.37)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.95% (0.524 0.52)59.06% (-0.518 -0.52)
Score Analysis
    Sporting Lisbon 31.59%
    Porto 42.11%
    Draw 26.29%
Sporting LisbonDrawPorto
1-0 @ 8.91% (-0.132 -0.13)
2-1 @ 7.37% (-0.04 -0.04)
2-0 @ 5.25% (-0.086 -0.09)
3-1 @ 2.9% (-0.02 -0.02)
3-0 @ 2.07% (-0.037 -0.04)
3-2 @ 2.04% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 3.06%
Total : 31.59%
1-1 @ 12.5% (-0.050000000000001 -0.05)
0-0 @ 7.55% (-0.101 -0.1)
2-2 @ 5.18% (0.028 0.03)
3-3 @ 0.95% (0.014 0.01)
Other @ 0.11%
Total : 26.29%
0-1 @ 10.6% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)
1-2 @ 8.78% (0.059000000000001 0.06)
0-2 @ 7.44% (0.061 0.06)
1-3 @ 4.11% (0.071000000000001 0.07)
0-3 @ 3.48% (0.066 0.07)
2-3 @ 2.42% (0.039 0.04)
1-4 @ 1.44% (0.04 0.04)
0-4 @ 1.22% (0.036 0.04)
Other @ 2.62%
Total : 42.11%

How you voted: Sporting Lisbon vs Porto

Sporting Lisbon
27.8%
Draw
16.7%
Porto
55.6%
90
Head to Head
Jan 28, 2023 7.45pm
Final
Sporting Lisbon
0-2
Porto

Ugarte (32'), Paulinho (63'), Goncalves (67'), Reis (90+6')
Paulinho (72')
Eustaquio (10'), Marcano (86')
Pepe (63'), Wendell (67'), Borges (90+6')
Aug 20, 2022 8.30pm
Porto
3-0
Sporting Lisbon
Evanilson (42'), Uribe (78' pen.), Galeno (86' pen.)
Sanusi (41')

Ugarte (16'), Neto (40'), Morita (42'), Reis (76')
Porro (75')
Apr 21, 2022 8.15pm
Semi-Finals
Porto
1-0
Sporting Lisbon
Martinez (83')
Evanilson (31')

Porro (89')
Mar 2, 2022 8.45pm
Semi-Finals
Sporting Lisbon
1-2
Porto
Sarabia (49')
Paulinho (33'), Adan (56'), Coates (57'), Slimani (90+1'), Reis (90+4'), Porro (90+8'), Amorim (90+8')
Taremi (59' pen.), Evanilson (64')
Marchesin (78'), Vitinha (80'), Pepe (90+3')
Feb 11, 2022 8.15pm
Porto
2-2
Sporting Lisbon
Vieira (38'), Taremi (78')
Pepe (42'), Otavio (45'), Vieira (82'), Pepe (90+1')
Marchesin (90+10'), Pepe (90+10')
Paulinho (8'), Santos (34')
Reis (1'), Coates (27'), Esgaio (45'), Paulinho (54'), Santos (63'), Palhinha (71')
Coates (49'), Tabata (90+10'), Palhinha (90+10')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1AroucaArouca00000000
2AVS00000000
3Benfica00000000
4BoavistaBoavista00000000
5Casa Pia00000000
6Estoril PraiaEstoril00000000
7Estrela Amadora00000000
8FamalicaoFamalicao00000000
9SC FarenseFarense00000000
10Gil Vicente00000000
11MoreirenseMoreirense00000000
12Nacional00000000
13Porto00000000
14Rio AveRio Ave00000000
15Santa ClaraSanta Clara00000000
16Braga00000000
17Sporting Lisbon00000000
18Vitoria de GuimaraesGuimaraes00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!