MX23RW : Friday, July 19 05:24:16| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arouca
Benfica
Boavista
Braga
Casa Pia
Estoril
Estrela Amadora
Famalicao logo
Gil Vicente logo
Moreirense
Nacional
Porto
Rio Ave
Farense logo
Santa Clara
Sporting Lisbon
Vitoria de Guimaraes
Sporting Lisbon
Primeira Liga | Gameweek 14
Dec 18, 2023 at 8.15pm UK
Estadio Jose Alvalade
Porto

Sporting Lisbon
2 - 0
Porto

Gyokeres (11'), Goncalves (60')
Santos (25'), Quaresma (57'), Inacio (70'), Esgaio (90+7'), Hjulmand (90+7')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Pepe (15'), Varela (17'), Taremi (68'), Conceicao (81')
Pepe (51')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Monday's Primeira Liga clash between Sporting Lisbon and Porto, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Porto 5-3 Shakhtar
Wednesday, December 13 at 8pm in Champions League

We said: Sporting Lisbon 2-2 Porto

While Porto have been the dominant side in this fixture over several seasons, Sporting's home form this term cannot be overlooked. With the quality of attack on display here, this match has the potential to be an absolute goal fest, but we feel these two will end up sharing the spoils at the final whistle. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Sporting Lisbon win with a probability of 52.83%. A win for Porto had a probability of 23.68% and a draw had a probability of 23.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sporting Lisbon win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.08%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.76%) and 2-0 (8.87%). The likeliest Porto win was 0-1 (6.3%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.08%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with an 8.9% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Sporting Lisbon would win this match.

Result
Sporting LisbonDrawPorto
52.83% (-0.40799999999999 -0.41) 23.49% (0.272 0.27) 23.68% (0.135 0.13)
Both teams to score 55.22% (-0.744 -0.74)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.46% (-1.059 -1.06)45.54% (1.058 1.06)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.13% (-1.018 -1.02)67.87% (1.017 1.02)
Sporting Lisbon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.79% (-0.535 -0.53)17.21% (0.534 0.53)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.51% (-0.95 -0.95)47.49% (0.948 0.95)
Porto Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
66.7% (-0.465 -0.47)33.3% (0.463 0.46)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
30.08% (-0.51 -0.51)69.92% (0.50999999999999 0.51)
Score Analysis
    Sporting Lisbon 52.83%
    Porto 23.68%
    Draw 23.48%
Sporting LisbonDrawPorto
1-0 @ 10.08% (0.272 0.27)
2-1 @ 9.76% (-0.026 -0.03)
2-0 @ 8.87% (0.089 0.09)
3-1 @ 5.72% (-0.117 -0.12)
3-0 @ 5.21% (-0.04 -0.04)
3-2 @ 3.15% (-0.105 -0.11)
4-1 @ 2.52% (-0.098 -0.1)
4-0 @ 2.29% (-0.059 -0.06)
4-2 @ 1.39% (-0.072 -0.07)
Other @ 3.85%
Total : 52.83%
1-1 @ 11.08% (0.16 0.16)
0-0 @ 5.73% (0.255 0.26)
2-2 @ 5.36% (-0.083 -0.08)
3-3 @ 1.15% (-0.054 -0.05)
Other @ 0.15%
Total : 23.48%
0-1 @ 6.3% (0.203 0.2)
1-2 @ 6.1% (0.015 0.01)
0-2 @ 3.46% (0.069 0.07)
1-3 @ 2.23% (-0.023 -0.02)
2-3 @ 1.97% (-0.056 -0.06)
0-3 @ 1.27% (0.01 0.01)
Other @ 2.35%
Total : 23.68%

How you voted: Sporting Lisbon vs Porto

Sporting Lisbon
36.1%
Draw
31.3%
Porto
32.6%
144
Head to Head
Feb 12, 2023 6pm
Gameweek 20
Sporting Lisbon
1-2
Porto
Chermiti (90+7')
Uribe (60'), Pepe (90+4')
Jan 28, 2023 7.45pm
Aug 20, 2022 8.30pm
Gameweek 3
Porto
3-0
Sporting Lisbon
Evanilson (42'), Uribe (78' pen.), Galeno (86' pen.)
Sanusi (41')

Ugarte (16'), Neto (40'), Morita (42'), Reis (76')
Porro (75')
Apr 21, 2022 8.15pm
Mar 2, 2022 8.45pm
Semi-Finals 1st Leg
Sporting Lisbon
1-2
Porto
Sarabia (49')
Paulinho (33'), Adan (56'), Coates (57'), Slimani (90+1'), Reis (90+4'), Porro (90+8'), Amorim (90+8')
Taremi (59' pen.), Evanilson (64')
Marchesin (78'), Vitinha (80'), Pepe (90+3')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1AroucaArouca00000000
2AVS00000000
3Benfica00000000
4BoavistaBoavista00000000
5Casa Pia00000000
6Estoril PraiaEstoril00000000
7Estrela Amadora00000000
8FamalicaoFamalicao00000000
9SC FarenseFarense00000000
10Gil Vicente00000000
11MoreirenseMoreirense00000000
12Nacional00000000
13Porto00000000
14Rio AveRio Ave00000000
15Santa ClaraSanta Clara00000000
16Braga00000000
17Sporting Lisbon00000000
18Vitoria de GuimaraesGuimaraes00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!