MX23RW : Saturday, July 20 12:37:39| >> :600:412915:412915:
Argentina national football team
World Cup Qualifying - South America | Group Stage
Nov 17, 2023 at 12am UK
Estadio Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti
Uruguay national football team

Argentina
0 - 2
Uruguay


Mac Allister (35'), Martinez (68'), Romero (77'), Palacios (90+2')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Araujo (41'), Nunez (87')
Ugarte (32'), Gimenez (67'), Olivera (79')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's World Cup Qualifying - South America clash between Argentina and Uruguay, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Argentina could line up for Thursday's CONMEBOL World Cup qualifier against Uruguay.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
World Cup Qualifying
Last Game: Peru 0-2 Argentina
Wednesday, October 18 at 3am in World Cup Qualifying - South America
All competitions
World Cup Qualifying
Last Game: Uruguay 2-0 Brazil
Wednesday, October 18 at 1am in World Cup Qualifying - South America

We said: Argentina 2-0 Uruguay

Argentina cannot take Uruguay lightly following their impressive win over Brazil last time out, but the world champions will be regarded as favourites for Friday's contest. Scaloni seems to have settled on a side that has enjoyed plenty of success over the last 12 months and with star man Messi set to lead his nation out once again, we believe that the hosts should have few problems claiming all three points. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Argentina win with a probability of 73.23%. A draw had a probability of 18.3% and a win for Uruguay had a probability of 8.48%.

The most likely scoreline for an Argentina win was 2-0 with a probability of 15.82%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (15.39%) and 3-0 (10.85%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.25%), while for a Uruguay win it was 0-1 (4.01%). The actual scoreline of 0-2 was predicted with a 1.1% likelihood.

Result
ArgentinaDrawUruguay
73.23% (-0.104 -0.1) 18.3% (0.395 0.4) 8.48% (-0.2921 -0.29)
Both teams to score 36.17% (-2.219 -2.22)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
47.97% (-2.405 -2.41)52.03% (2.404 2.4)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.24% (-2.116 -2.12)73.76% (2.116 2.12)
Argentina Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.22% (-0.73 -0.73)12.79% (0.729 0.73)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
60.92% (-1.524 -1.52)39.08% (1.523 1.52)
Uruguay Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
41.48% (-2.18 -2.18)58.52% (2.179 2.18)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
10.12% (-1.21 -1.21)89.88% (1.208 1.21)
Score Analysis
    Argentina 73.22%
    Uruguay 8.48%
    Draw 18.3%
ArgentinaDrawUruguay
2-0 @ 15.82% (0.62 0.62)
1-0 @ 15.39% (1.02 1.02)
3-0 @ 10.85% (0.13 0.13)
2-1 @ 8.48% (-0.241 -0.24)
3-1 @ 5.81% (-0.336 -0.34)
4-0 @ 5.58% (-0.09 -0.09)
4-1 @ 2.99% (-0.263 -0.26)
5-0 @ 2.3% (-0.103 -0.1)
3-2 @ 1.56% (-0.207 -0.21)
5-1 @ 1.23% (-0.147 -0.15)
Other @ 3.21%
Total : 73.22%
1-1 @ 8.25% (0.00099999999999945 0)
0-0 @ 7.48% (0.69 0.69)
2-2 @ 2.27% (-0.23 -0.23)
Other @ 0.3%
Total : 18.3%
0-1 @ 4.01% (0.111 0.11)
1-2 @ 2.21% (-0.156 -0.16)
0-2 @ 1.07% (-0.044 -0.04)
Other @ 1.19%
Total : 8.48%

How you voted: Argentina vs Uruguay

Argentina
75.4%
Draw
11.5%
Uruguay
13.1%
61
Head to Head
Nov 12, 2021 11pm
Oct 11, 2021 12.30am
Group Stage
Argentina
3-0
Uruguay
Messi (38'), De Paul (44'), Martinez (62')
Jun 19, 2021 1am
Nov 18, 2019 7.15pm
International Friendlies
Argentina
2-2
Uruguay
Sep 1, 2017 12am
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bournemouth00000000
2Arsenal00000000
3Aston Villa00000000
4Brentford00000000
5Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000
9Fulham00000000
10Ipswich TownIpswich00000000
11Leicester CityLeicester00000000
12Liverpool00000000
13Manchester CityMan City00000000
14Manchester UnitedMan Utd00000000
15Newcastle UnitedNewcastle00000000
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest00000000
17Southampton00000000
18Tottenham HotspurSpurs00000000
19West Ham UnitedWest Ham00000000
20Wolverhampton WanderersWolves00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!