MX23RW : Saturday, July 20 12:58:01| >> :300:86500:86500:
Derry City
League of Ireland Premier | Gameweek 18
Jun 2, 2023 at 7.45pm UK
Brandywell Stadium
Shelbourne

Derry
0 - 0
Shelbourne

FT

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's League of Ireland Premier clash between Derry City and Shelbourne, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Sligo 1-0 Derry
Saturday, May 27 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Last Game: Bohemians 0-0 Shelbourne
Friday, May 26 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier

We said: Derry City 1-0 Shelbourne

These are the two best defensive teams in the division, therefore people should not expect a goal frenzy from this one, which will likely be tight. However, Derry City will be the favourites and should just take the edge as they aim to remain on top of the division. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Derry City win with a probability of 64.66%. A draw had a probability of 22.6% and a win for Shelbourne had a probability of 12.75%.

The most likely scoreline for a Derry City win was 1-0 with a probability of 16.26%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (14.25%) and 2-1 (8.9%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.16%), while for a Shelbourne win it was 0-1 (5.8%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 9.3% likelihood.

Result
Derry CityDrawShelbourne
64.66% (-0.408 -0.41) 22.59% (0.276 0.28) 12.75% (0.125 0.13)
Both teams to score 38.39% (-0.371 -0.37)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
42.42% (-0.711 -0.71)57.58% (0.705 0.7)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
21.64% (-0.568 -0.57)78.35% (0.56099999999999 0.56)
Derry City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.66% (-0.398 -0.4)17.34% (0.392 0.39)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.28% (-0.697 -0.7)47.72% (0.69 0.69)
Shelbourne Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
46.45% (-0.226 -0.23)53.55% (0.219 0.22)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
13% (-0.14 -0.14)86.99% (0.133 0.13)
Score Analysis
    Derry City 64.65%
    Shelbourne 12.75%
    Draw 22.59%
Derry CityDrawShelbourne
1-0 @ 16.26% (0.22 0.22)
2-0 @ 14.25% (0.02 0.02)
2-1 @ 8.9% (-0.050000000000001 -0.05)
3-0 @ 8.33% (-0.099 -0.1)
3-1 @ 5.2% (-0.097 -0.1)
4-0 @ 3.65% (-0.092 -0.09)
4-1 @ 2.28% (-0.073 -0.07)
3-2 @ 1.62% (-0.041 -0.04)
5-0 @ 1.28% (-0.049 -0.05)
Other @ 2.88%
Total : 64.65%
1-1 @ 10.16% (0.08 0.08)
0-0 @ 9.28% (0.247 0.25)
2-2 @ 2.78% (-0.034 -0.03)
Other @ 0.36%
Total : 22.59%
0-1 @ 5.8% (0.117 0.12)
1-2 @ 3.17% (0.0020000000000002 0)
0-2 @ 1.81% (0.025 0.02)
Other @ 1.97%
Total : 12.75%

How you voted: Derry vs Shelbourne

Derry City
89.5%
Draw
0.0%
Shelbourne
10.5%
19
Head to Head
Mar 31, 2023 7.45pm
Oct 21, 2022 7.45pm
gameweek 34
Derry
1-1
Shelbourne
Thomson (83')
Moylan (69')
Aug 29, 2022 7.45pm
gameweek 19
Shelbourne
0-1
Derry

McManus (52'), Boyd (90+4'), Kane (90+5')
Boyd (90+6')
Graydon (90+1')
Diallo (35'), Dummigan (53')
Apr 15, 2022 7.45pm
gameweek 10
Derry
1-2
Shelbourne
Akintunde (30')
Dummigan (47')
Farrell (68'), McManus (75')
Thomas (16'), O'Driscoll (21'), Byrne (40'), Carr (76'), Dervin (78'), Boyd (90+2')
Dervin (90+1')
Mar 4, 2022 7.45pm
gameweek 4
Shelbourne
0-1
Derry

Boyd (35')
McEleney (73')
(87')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Shelbourne24138328151347
2Derry CityDerry25128540221844
3Waterford UnitedWaterford2411493326737
4Shamrock RoversShamrock239773124734
5Galway United239771916334
6Sligo RoversSligo249782728-134
7St Patrick's AthleticSt Patrick's2577112428-428
8Bohemians2275102226-426
9DundalkDundalk2457121733-1622
10Drogheda UnitedDrogheda2438132447-2317


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!