MX23RW : Monday, May 20 18:39:43| >> :600:3706953:3706953:
Blackpool
EFL Trophy | Third Round
Jan 10, 2024 at 7pm UK
Bloomfield Road (Blackpool, Lancashire)
Burton Albion

Blackpool
2 - 1
Burton Albion

Virtue (4'), Ekpiteta (67')
Dale (90+5')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Scott (71')
Brayford (69'), Sweeney (90+7')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's EFL Trophy clash between Blackpool and Burton Albion, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: Blackpool 2-1 Burton Albion

Blackpool did not end 2023 as they would have hoped, but the Tangerines have since made a bright start to the New Year and will fancy their chances of success on Wednesday considering their strong run of form at Bloomfield Road. The visitors Burton, meanwhile, have only lost one of their last five games under caretaker boss Mills and know what it takes to grind out a positive result against Blackpool, but we believe that the hosts will get their revenge this time around to secure their place in the quarter-finals. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Blackpool win with a probability of 63.34%. A draw had a probability of 20.4% and a win for Burton Albion had a probability of 16.27%.

The most likely scoreline for a Blackpool win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.57%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (10.24%) and 2-1 (9.93%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.62%), while for a Burton Albion win it was 0-1 (4.66%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9.9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Blackpool in this match and our data analysis correctly predicted the win for Blackpool.

Result
BlackpoolDrawBurton Albion
63.34% (0.45800000000001 0.46) 20.39% (-0.044999999999998 -0.04) 16.27% (-0.415 -0.42)
Both teams to score 53.16% (-0.771 -0.77)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.74% (-0.565 -0.56)42.26% (0.563 0.56)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
35.33% (-0.567 -0.57)64.67% (0.566 0.57)
Blackpool Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.29% (-0.043999999999997 -0.04)12.7% (0.041 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
61.09% (-0.086999999999996 -0.09)38.91% (0.085999999999999 0.09)
Burton Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
60.9% (-0.851 -0.85)39.1% (0.84999999999999 0.85)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.18% (-0.811 -0.81)75.81% (0.80800000000001 0.81)
Score Analysis
    Blackpool 63.33%
    Burton Albion 16.27%
    Draw 20.39%
BlackpoolDrawBurton Albion
2-0 @ 10.57% (0.23 0.23)
1-0 @ 10.24% (0.24 0.24)
2-1 @ 9.93% (-0.010999999999999 -0.01)
3-0 @ 7.27% (0.148 0.15)
3-1 @ 6.83% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
4-0 @ 3.75% (0.07 0.07)
4-1 @ 3.52% (-0.014 -0.01)
3-2 @ 3.21% (-0.084 -0.08)
4-2 @ 1.65% (-0.046 -0.05)
5-0 @ 1.55% (0.027 0.03)
5-1 @ 1.45% (-0.008 -0.01)
Other @ 3.36%
Total : 63.33%
1-1 @ 9.62% (0.004999999999999 0)
0-0 @ 4.97% (0.124 0.12)
2-2 @ 4.66% (-0.114 -0.11)
3-3 @ 1% (-0.05 -0.05)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 20.39%
0-1 @ 4.66% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
1-2 @ 4.52% (-0.103 -0.1)
0-2 @ 2.19% (-0.047 -0.05)
2-3 @ 1.46% (-0.071 -0.07)
1-3 @ 1.42% (-0.066 -0.07)
Other @ 2.02%
Total : 16.27%

How you voted: Blackpool vs Burton Albion

Blackpool
67.9%
Draw
10.7%
Burton Albion
21.4%
28
Head to Head
Dec 26, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 24
Burton Albion
1-0
Blackpool
Kamwa (10')
Kamwa (21'), Oshilaja (28')

Norburn (57')
Aug 5, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 1
Blackpool
2-0
Burton Albion
Lavery (19', 25')
Beesley (14'), Norburn (32'), Connolly (66'), Dougall (89')

Brayford (6')
Mar 16, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 27
Blackpool
1-1
Burton Albion
Garbutt (64')
Carter (24')
Carter (71')
Oct 31, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 10
Burton Albion
1-2
Blackpool
Leo Gretarsson (63' og.)
Quinn (39'), Gilligan (77')
Yates (21', 75')
Maxwell (40')
Apr 4, 2020 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CManchester CityMan City38287396346291
2Arsenal38285591296289
3Liverpool382410486414582
4Aston Villa382081076611568
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs382061274611366
6Chelsea381891177631463
7Newcastle UnitedNewcastle381861485622360
8Manchester UnitedMan Utd38186145758-160
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham381410146074-1452
10Crystal Palace381310155758-149
11Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton381212145562-748
12Bournemouth38139165467-1348
13Fulham38138175561-647
14Wolverhampton WanderersWolves38137185065-1546
15Everton38139164051-1140
16Brentford38109195665-939
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3899204967-1832
RLuton TownLuton3868245285-3326
RBurnley3859244178-3724
RSheffield UnitedSheff Utd38372835104-6916


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!