MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 10:49:21| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Luton Town
Premier League | Gameweek 18
Dec 23, 2023 at 3pm UK
Kenilworth Road Stadium
Newcastle logo

Luton
1 - 0
Newcastle

Townsend (25')
Barkley (56'), Mengi (89')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Guimaraes (90+8'), Hall (90+4')

The Match

Match Report

Luton Town display a resilient performance to hold on to a crucial 1-0 win over Newcastle United at Kenilworth Road this afternoon.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Luton Town and Newcastle United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Luton 1-2 Man City
Sunday, December 10 at 2pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Newcastle United win with a probability of 46.28%. A win for Luton Town had a probability of 29.53% and a draw had a probability of 24.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Newcastle United win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.32%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (8.88%) and 0-2 (7.33%). The likeliest Luton Town win was 2-1 (7.18%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.29%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 6.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Luton Town would win this match.

Result
Luton TownDrawNewcastle United
29.53% (0.813 0.81) 24.18% (0.276 0.28) 46.28% (-1.093 -1.09)
Both teams to score 58.14% (-0.41 -0.41)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
55.91% (-0.782 -0.78)44.09% (0.779 0.78)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
33.53% (-0.765 -0.77)66.47% (0.761 0.76)
Luton Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.96% (0.16 0.16)28.03% (-0.163 -0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.31% (0.206 0.21)63.69% (-0.21 -0.21)
Newcastle United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.8% (-0.755 -0.75)19.2% (0.751 0.75)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49.11% (-1.258 -1.26)50.88% (1.253 1.25)
Score Analysis
    Luton Town 29.53%
    Newcastle United 46.28%
    Draw 24.18%
Luton TownDrawNewcastle United
2-1 @ 7.18% (0.137 0.14)
1-0 @ 6.84% (0.259 0.26)
2-0 @ 4.35% (0.184 0.18)
3-1 @ 3.05% (0.072 0.07)
3-2 @ 2.51%
3-0 @ 1.85% (0.086 0.09)
4-1 @ 0.97% (0.027 0.03)
Other @ 2.78%
Total : 29.53%
1-1 @ 11.29% (0.16 0.16)
2-2 @ 5.93% (-0.027 -0.03)
0-0 @ 5.38% (0.181 0.18)
3-3 @ 1.38% (-0.034 -0.03)
Other @ 0.2%
Total : 24.18%
1-2 @ 9.32% (-0.086 -0.09)
0-1 @ 8.88% (0.09 0.09)
0-2 @ 7.33% (-0.101 -0.1)
1-3 @ 5.13% (-0.172 -0.17)
0-3 @ 4.03% (-0.155 -0.16)
2-3 @ 3.26% (-0.094 -0.09)
1-4 @ 2.12% (-0.124 -0.12)
0-4 @ 1.66% (-0.105 -0.11)
2-4 @ 1.35% (-0.073 -0.07)
Other @ 3.2%
Total : 46.28%

How you voted: Luton vs Newcastle

Luton Town
32.8%
Draw
12.7%
Newcastle United
54.5%
134
Head to Head
Jan 6, 2018 3pm
Third Round
Newcastle
3-1
Luton
Perez (30', 36'), Shelvey (39')
Dummett (59'), Shelvey (62'), Hayden (67')
Hylton (49')
Hylton (29')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Ukraine Ukraine21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Belgium Belgium10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!