MX23RW : Saturday, July 20 18:56:29| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Groningen
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NAC Breda
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Willem II
FC Utrecht
Eredivisie | Gameweek 33
May 12, 2024 at 1.30pm UK
Stadion Galgenwaard
Sparta Rotterdam logo

Utrecht
0 - 1
Sparta


ter Avest (23')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Neghli (68')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Eredivisie clash between FC Utrecht and Sparta Rotterdam, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Utrecht 1-0 Vitesse
Sunday, May 5 at 1.30pm in Eredivisie
Last Game: PSV 4-2 Sparta
Sunday, May 5 at 11.15am in Eredivisie

We said: FC Utrecht 2-1 Sparta Rotterdam

Both teams have had relatively impressive campaigns and will be confident of finishing strongly. That said, we fancy Utrecht to make home advantage count and emerge victorious come the end of the 90 minutes. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a FC Utrecht win with a probability of 69.08%. A draw had a probability of 17.1% and a win for Sparta Rotterdam had a probability of 13.82%.

The most likely scoreline for a FC Utrecht win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.46%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.16%) and 3-1 (7.84%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (7.61%), while for a Sparta Rotterdam win it was 1-2 (3.93%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 3.1% likelihood.

Result
FC UtrechtDrawSparta Rotterdam
69.08% (0.432 0.43) 17.1% (-0.12 -0.12) 13.82% (-0.311 -0.31)
Both teams to score 59.03% (-0.442 -0.44)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
68.24% (-0.152 -0.15)31.76% (0.153 0.15)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
46.72% (-0.178 -0.18)53.28% (0.179 0.18)
FC Utrecht Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
91.67% (0.055999999999997 0.06)8.33% (-0.054 -0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
70.96% (0.134 0.13)29.04% (-0.133 -0.13)
Sparta Rotterdam Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.39% (-0.51899999999999 -0.52)35.61% (0.521 0.52)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
27.62% (-0.542 -0.54)72.38% (0.54300000000001 0.54)
Score Analysis
    FC Utrecht 69.08%
    Sparta Rotterdam 13.82%
    Draw 17.1%
FC UtrechtDrawSparta Rotterdam
2-1 @ 9.46% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
2-0 @ 9.16% (0.123 0.12)
3-1 @ 7.84% (0.015000000000001 0.02)
3-0 @ 7.59% (0.121 0.12)
1-0 @ 7.37% (0.08 0.08)
4-1 @ 4.87% (0.021999999999999 0.02)
4-0 @ 4.72% (0.088 0.09)
3-2 @ 4.05% (-0.05 -0.05)
4-2 @ 2.51% (-0.024 -0.02)
5-1 @ 2.42% (0.017 0.02)
5-0 @ 2.34% (0.049 0.05)
5-2 @ 1.25% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
6-1 @ 1% (0.009 0.01)
6-0 @ 0.97% (0.023 0.02)
Other @ 3.53%
Total : 69.08%
1-1 @ 7.61% (-0.023999999999999 -0.02)
2-2 @ 4.88% (-0.073 -0.07)
0-0 @ 2.97% (0.024 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.39% (-0.037 -0.04)
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 17.1%
1-2 @ 3.93% (-0.069 -0.07)
0-1 @ 3.06% (-0.018 -0.02)
2-3 @ 1.68% (-0.05 -0.05)
0-2 @ 1.58% (-0.032 -0.03)
1-3 @ 1.35% (-0.043 -0.04)
Other @ 2.21%
Total : 13.82%

How you voted: Utrecht vs Sparta

FC Utrecht
66.7%
Draw
33.3%
Sparta Rotterdam
0.0%
6
Head to Head
Nov 26, 2023 3.45pm
Gameweek 13
Sparta
1-2
Utrecht
Neghli (43')
Seuntjens (5'), Lidberg (54')
Leliendal (40'), Barkas (71'), Boussaid (76')
Jun 4, 2023 5pm
Sparta
0-1
Utrecht
(Aggregate 1-1 | Sparta win 0-0 on penalties)

van Crooij (90+1')
Viergever (80')
van der Maarel (59'), Bozdogan (90+6')
Jun 1, 2023 8pm
Utrecht
1-2
Sparta
Douvikas (70')
Douvikas (28'), Klaiber (34')
Van Crooij (29' pen.), Lauritsen (39')
Olij (34'), Sambo (45+3')
Feb 24, 2023 7pm
Gameweek 23
Sparta
0-3
Utrecht
Jensen (74'), Boussaid (88'), Descotte (90')
Oct 23, 2022 3.45pm
Gameweek 11
Utrecht
3-1
Sparta
Redan (6'), Douvikas (48'), Klaiber (80')
Kitolano (84')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ajax00000000
2Almere CityAlmere City00000000
3AZ AlkmaarAZ00000000
4Groningen00000000
5FC Twente00000000
6FC UtrechtUtrecht00000000
7Feyenoord00000000
8Fortuna SittardSittard00000000
9Go Ahead Eagles00000000
10Heracles00000000
11NAC BredaNAC Breda00000000
12NECNijmegen00000000
13PEC Zwolle00000000
14PSV EindhovenPSV00000000
15RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk00000000
16Heerenveen00000000
17Sparta RotterdamSparta00000000
18Willem II00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!