MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 07:09:35| >> :300:86500:86500:
League of Ireland Premier | Gameweek 17
May 24, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Eamonn Deacy Park
Dundalk

Galway United
2 - 0
Dundalk

Munro (23' og.), Nugent (72')
Walsh (70'), McCormack (89')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Doyle (61'), Muller (90')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's League of Ireland Premier clash between Galway United and Dundalk, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Drogheda 2-3 Galway United
Friday, May 17 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier
Last Game: Dundalk 1-0 Shamrock
Friday, May 17 at 8.15pm in League of Ireland Premier

We said: Galway United 1-1 Dundalk

There has not been a draw in the last seven top-flight meetings between these two sides, and Galway United will enter the match in the better form, but they have only won two of their eight league matches at home this season, and we are backing the points to be shared on Friday night. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Galway United win with a probability of 49.96%. A draw had a probability of 26.3% and a win for Dundalk had a probability of 23.73%.

The most likely scoreline for a Galway United win was 1-0 with a probability of 13.27%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.83%) and 2-1 (9.15%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.36%), while for a Dundalk win it was 0-1 (8.35%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 9.8% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Galway United would win this match.

Result
Galway UnitedDrawDundalk
49.96% (0.0049999999999955 0) 26.3% (0.0030000000000001 0) 23.73% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Both teams to score 46.8% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
43.32% (-0.016999999999996 -0.02)56.68% (0.019000000000005 0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.36% (-0.013000000000002 -0.01)77.64% (0.015999999999991 0.02)
Galway United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.24% (-0.0049999999999955 -0)22.76% (0.0079999999999991 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.55% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)56.45% (0.0079999999999956 0.01)
Dundalk Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
60.59% (-0.016999999999996 -0.02)39.41% (0.019999999999996 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
23.89% (-0.015999999999998 -0.02)76.11% (0.019000000000005 0.02)
Score Analysis
    Galway United 49.96%
    Dundalk 23.73%
    Draw 26.3%
Galway UnitedDrawDundalk
1-0 @ 13.27%
2-0 @ 9.83% (0.0039999999999996 0)
2-1 @ 9.15% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
3-0 @ 4.85% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-1 @ 4.51% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
3-2 @ 2.1% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
4-0 @ 1.79%
4-1 @ 1.67%
Other @ 2.78%
Total : 49.96%
1-1 @ 12.36%
0-0 @ 8.97% (0.0070000000000014 0.01)
2-2 @ 4.26% (-0.0029999999999992 -0)
Other @ 0.71%
Total : 26.3%
0-1 @ 8.35% (0.0020000000000007 0)
1-2 @ 5.76% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
0-2 @ 3.89% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
1-3 @ 1.79% (-0.002 -0)
2-3 @ 1.32% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-3 @ 1.21% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 1.42%
Total : 23.73%

How you voted: Galway United vs Dundalk

Galway United
80.0%
Draw
20.0%
Dundalk
0.0%
10
Head to Head
Feb 23, 2024 7.45pm
Gameweek 2
Dundalk
0-2
Galway United
McCarthy (10'), Dervin (30')
Slevin (44'), Brouder (69')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!