MX23RW : Wednesday, April 17 08:11:58| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Portsmouth
League One | Gameweek 36
Mar 2, 2024 at 3pm UK
Fratton Park
Oxford United

Portsmouth
2 - 1
Oxford Utd

Lang (2'), Saydee (67')
Lang (28'), Ogilvie (65'), Kamara (81'), Bishop (86')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Brannagan (6' pen.)
Harris (30'), Rodrigues (42'), Henry (90+5')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Portsmouth and Oxford United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Charlton 0-0 Portsmouth
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Oxford Utd 1-2 Leyton Orient
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in League One

We said: Portsmouth 2-2 Oxford United

Although Oxford have struggled for wins in recent times, they have seen five of their last seven matches finish all square, and with their previous three meetings with Portsmouth all ending in draws, we think the U's may do enough to take a point off the league leaders. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Portsmouth win with a probability of 55.41%. A win for Oxford United had a probability of 22.38% and a draw had a probability of 22.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Portsmouth win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.85%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.06%) and 2-0 (8.66%). The likeliest Oxford United win was 1-2 (5.86%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.3%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9.9% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Portsmouth in this match.

Result
PortsmouthDrawOxford United
55.41% (0.0079999999999956 0.01) 22.2% (-0.0010000000000012 -0) 22.38% (-0.0079999999999991 -0.01)
Both teams to score 57.91% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.79% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)41.21% (0.0039999999999978 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.39% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)63.6% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Portsmouth Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.22% (0.0010000000000048 0)14.78% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
56.97% (0.0039999999999978 0)43.03% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Oxford United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.95% (-0.010000000000005 -0.01)32.05% (0.009999999999998 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.48% (-0.012 -0.01)68.52% (0.010999999999996 0.01)
Score Analysis
    Portsmouth 55.41%
    Oxford United 22.38%
    Draw 22.2%
PortsmouthDrawOxford United
2-1 @ 9.85%
1-0 @ 9.06% (0.00099999999999945 0)
2-0 @ 8.66% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-1 @ 6.28% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-0 @ 5.52% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-2 @ 3.57% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-1 @ 3% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-0 @ 2.64% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-2 @ 1.71%
5-1 @ 1.15%
5-0 @ 1.01% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.98%
Total : 55.41%
1-1 @ 10.3%
2-2 @ 5.61% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-0 @ 4.74% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-3 @ 1.36% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 0.2%
Total : 22.2%
1-2 @ 5.86% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-1 @ 5.39%
0-2 @ 3.07% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-3 @ 2.22% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
2-3 @ 2.13% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-3 @ 1.16% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 2.55%
Total : 22.38%

How you voted: Portsmouth vs Oxford Utd

Portsmouth
81.0%
Draw
9.5%
Oxford United
9.5%
21
Head to Head
Jan 30, 2024 7.45pm
Gameweek 18
Oxford Utd
2-2
Portsmouth
Goodrham (45'), Henry (90')
Buckingham (59')
Bishop (69'), Lang (80')
Bishop (58'), Peart-Harris (81')
Apr 18, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 43
Oxford Utd
1-1
Portsmouth
Long (37')
Pack (26')
Oct 25, 2022 7.45pm
Mar 1, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 24
Portsmouth
3-2
Oxford Utd
Raggett (42'), Hirst (45+2'), Carter (58')
Carter (74')
Browne (3'), McNally (81')
Long (86')
Feb 5, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 31
Oxford Utd
3-2
Portsmouth
McNally (6'), Brannagan (82'), Holland (90+6')
Brannagan (64'), Seddon (77'), Kane (80'), Moore (90+4')
Jacobs (10'), Curtis (51')
Jacobs (24'), Hirst (28'), Hume (45+4'), Curtis (81'), Bazunu (88'), Tunnicliffe (90+2'), Raggett (90+11')
Morrell (16')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth442713475393694
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton442411981483383
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough432481184562880
5Barnsley4421121179601975
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4421101376542273
7Lincoln CityLincoln4419141163372671
8Blackpool4420101460431770
9Stevenage4418131354441067
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Wycombe WanderersWycombe431513155553258
13Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
14Bristol Rovers44169195264-1257
15Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury44138233363-3047
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge431210213859-2146
20Burton Albion441110233662-2643
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham43118243761-2441
22Port Vale441010244172-3140
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood44813234572-2737
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!