MX23RW : Monday, May 27 08:39:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Oxford United
League One | Gameweek 33
Feb 13, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
The Kassam Stadium
Wigan logo

Oxford Utd
4 - 2
Wigan

Murphy (45+3'), Brannagan (55'), Rodrigues (76'), Goodrham (90+4')
Dale (39'), Moore (64'), Brannagan (71')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Jones (41'), Aasgaard (80')
Hughes (12'), Maloney (13'), Adeeko (23'), Jones (42'), Sze (68')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's League One clash between Oxford United and Wigan Athletic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Blackpool 1-1 Oxford Utd
Saturday, February 10 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Wigan 1-2 Exeter
Saturday, February 10 at 3pm in League One

We said: Oxford United 2-1 Wigan Athletic

With stakes growing in the battle for playoff places in League One, Oxford United know that they cannot afford a lot of slip ups. The hosts should edge this match but we expect the visitors to put up a good fight. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Oxford United win with a probability of 44.96%. A win for Wigan Athletic had a probability of 29.63% and a draw had a probability of 25.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Oxford United win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.2%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.15%) and 2-0 (7.74%). The likeliest Wigan Athletic win was 0-1 (7.96%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.06%). The actual scoreline of 4-2 was predicted with a 1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Oxford United would win this match.

Result
Oxford UnitedDrawWigan Athletic
44.96% (0.018999999999998 0.02) 25.41% (0.02 0.02) 29.63% (-0.039999999999999 -0.04)
Both teams to score 54.11% (-0.085000000000001 -0.09)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
50.59% (-0.101 -0.1)49.41% (0.098999999999997 0.1)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
28.55% (-0.091000000000001 -0.09)71.45% (0.088999999999999 0.09)
Oxford United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
78.04% (-0.034999999999997 -0.03)21.96% (0.033000000000001 0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.76% (-0.051000000000002 -0.05)55.24% (0.048000000000002 0.05)
Wigan Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.34% (-0.078999999999994 -0.08)30.66% (0.077000000000002 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.09% (-0.094000000000001 -0.09)66.91% (0.092000000000013 0.09)
Score Analysis
    Oxford United 44.95%
    Wigan Athletic 29.63%
    Draw 25.41%
Oxford UnitedDrawWigan Athletic
1-0 @ 10.2% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
2-1 @ 9.15%
2-0 @ 7.74% (0.016 0.02)
3-1 @ 4.62% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
3-0 @ 3.91% (0.004 0)
3-2 @ 2.73% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
4-1 @ 1.75% (-0.004 -0)
4-0 @ 1.48%
4-2 @ 1.04% (-0.004 -0)
Other @ 2.33%
Total : 44.95%
1-1 @ 12.06% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 6.73% (0.026999999999999 0.03)
2-2 @ 5.41% (-0.012 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.08% (-0.0050000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 25.41%
0-1 @ 7.96% (0.015 0.01)
1-2 @ 7.13% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
0-2 @ 4.7% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-3 @ 2.81% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-3 @ 2.13% (-0.01 -0.01)
0-3 @ 1.85% (-0.0050000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 3.04%
Total : 29.63%

How you voted: Oxford Utd vs Wigan

Oxford United
66.7%
Draw
0.0%
Wigan Athletic
33.3%
12
Head to Head
Oct 24, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 15
Wigan
2-0
Oxford Utd
Humphrys (17'), Lang (80')
Adeeko (20'), Shaw (60'), Lang (84')

Rodriguez (79'), Beadle (81')
Feb 1, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 18
Wigan
1-1
Oxford Utd
Lang (36')
Shinnie (49'), Lang (65')
Taylor (23')
Moore (34'), Kane (45+2'), Brannagan (65'), McNally (69')
Dec 18, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 23
Oxford Utd
2-3
Wigan
Williams (33'), Taylor (59')
Taylor (36'), McGuane (90+1')
Keane (8'), Power (32'), McClean (86')
Darikwa (30'), Power (36'), Naylor (44'), Whatmough (72'), McClean (90')
Feb 14, 2021 4pm
Gameweek 29
Oxford Utd
2-1
Wigan
Winnall (72'), Moore (83')
Lang (57')
Nov 21, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 13
Wigan
1-2
Oxford Utd
Aasgaard (89')
James (83'), Merrie (90+8')
Taylor (61'), Henry (87')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!