MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 21:17:34| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Wigan logo
League One | Gameweek 18
Jan 23, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
The DW Stadium
Wycombe Wanderers

Wigan
1 - 0
Wycombe

Hughes (90+20')
Jones (45+1'), Morrison (90+11'), Smith (90+17')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Grimmer (90+20')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's League One clash between Wigan Athletic and Wycombe Wanderers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Wigan 1-0 Reading
Saturday, January 20 at 3pm in League One

We said: Wigan Athletic 2-1 Wycombe Wanderers

Although Wycombe are unbeaten in five matches, Wigan tend to save their best performances for the DW Stadium, and we think that they will make full use of home advantage to claim a narrow victory on Tuesday. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Wycombe Wanderers win with a probability of 37.49%. A win for Wigan Athletic had a probability of 36.42% and a draw had a probability of 26.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Wycombe Wanderers win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.44%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.29%) and 0-2 (6.31%). The likeliest Wigan Athletic win was 1-0 (9.27%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.39%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 9.3% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Wigan Athletic would win this match.

Result
Wigan AthleticDrawWycombe Wanderers
36.42% (0.020000000000003 0.02) 26.09% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01) 37.49% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
Both teams to score 53.92% (0.017999999999994 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
49.43% (0.021000000000001 0.02)50.56% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
27.52% (0.018000000000001 0.02)72.48% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
Wigan Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.13% (0.022999999999996 0.02)26.87% (-0.023999999999997 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.81% (0.029000000000003 0.03)62.18% (-0.028999999999996 -0.03)
Wycombe Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.74% (0.0010000000000048 0)26.26% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.63% (0.00099999999999767 0)61.37% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)
Score Analysis
    Wigan Athletic 36.42%
    Wycombe Wanderers 37.49%
    Draw 26.08%
Wigan AthleticDrawWycombe Wanderers
1-0 @ 9.27% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
2-1 @ 8.15% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-0 @ 6.09% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-1 @ 3.57% (0.004 0)
3-0 @ 2.67% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-2 @ 2.39% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-1 @ 1.17% (0.002 0)
Other @ 3.11%
Total : 36.42%
1-1 @ 12.39% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 7.06% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
2-2 @ 5.45% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-3 @ 1.06% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 26.08%
0-1 @ 9.44% (-0.0079999999999991 -0.01)
1-2 @ 8.29% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
0-2 @ 6.31% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
1-3 @ 3.7%
0-3 @ 2.81% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
2-3 @ 2.43% (0.00099999999999989 0)
1-4 @ 1.24%
0-4 @ 0.94% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 2.35%
Total : 37.49%

How you voted: Wigan vs Wycombe

Wigan Athletic
61.0%
Draw
14.6%
Wycombe Wanderers
24.4%
41
Head to Head
Feb 22, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 35
Wycombe
1-3
Wigan
Kaikai (22')
Naylor (70'), Lang (78', 82')
Tilt (57')
Aug 17, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 3
Wigan
1-1
Wycombe
Lang (47')
Wyke (55'), Cousins (66'), Amos (81')
Stewart (90+1')
Pendlebury (53'), Obita (87')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!