MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 11:16:58| >> :300:86500:86500:
AFC Wimbledon
Accrington Stanley
Barrow
Bradford City
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Crewe Alexandra
Doncaster Rovers
Forest Green Rovers
Gillingham
Grimsby Town
Harrogate Town
MK Dons
Mansfield Town
Morecambe
Newport County
Notts County
Salford City
Stockport County
Sutton United
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers
Walsall
Wrexham AFC
Harrogate Town
League Two | Gameweek 30
Feb 27, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
CNG Stadium
Newport County

Harrogate
1 - 4
Newport

Thomson (78')
Falkingham (55')
FT(HT: 0-2)
Evans (31' pen.), Zanzala (33', 52'), Palmer-Houlden (70')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's League Two clash between Harrogate Town and Newport County, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Harrogate 0-2 Walsall
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in League Two
Last Game: MK Dons 3-0 Newport
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in League Two

We said: Harrogate Town 2-1 Newport County

Harrogate Town and Newport County have suffered a drop-off in form of late and will head into Tuesday's clash in search of a morale-boosting result. While both sides are evenly matched on paper, we fancy Weaver's men to secure a narrow victory in front of their home supporters. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Harrogate Town win with a probability of 39.73%. A win for Newport County had a probability of 35.47% and a draw had a probability of 24.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Harrogate Town win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.65%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.31%) and 2-0 (6.2%). The likeliest Newport County win was 1-2 (8.1%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.6%). The actual scoreline of 1-4 was predicted with a 1.3% likelihood.

Result
Harrogate TownDrawNewport County
39.73% (3.327 3.33) 24.8% (-0.036000000000001 -0.04) 35.47% (-3.291 -3.29)
Both teams to score 58.31% (0.017000000000003 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
55.12% (0.067 0.07)44.88% (-0.066000000000003 -0.07)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.76% (0.066000000000003 0.07)67.23% (-0.065000000000012 -0.07)
Harrogate Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.49% (1.761 1.76)22.5% (-1.762 -1.76)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.93% (2.561 2.56)56.07% (-2.561 -2.56)
Newport County Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.25% (-1.73 -1.73)24.75% (1.73 1.73)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.69% (-2.479 -2.48)59.31% (2.478 2.48)
Score Analysis
    Harrogate Town 39.73%
    Newport County 35.47%
    Draw 24.8%
Harrogate TownDrawNewport County
2-1 @ 8.65% (0.423 0.42)
1-0 @ 8.31% (0.397 0.4)
2-0 @ 6.2% (0.594 0.59)
3-1 @ 4.3% (0.418 0.42)
3-0 @ 3.08% (0.436 0.44)
3-2 @ 3% (0.151 0.15)
4-1 @ 1.6% (0.229 0.23)
4-0 @ 1.15% (0.212 0.21)
4-2 @ 1.12% (0.11 0.11)
Other @ 2.32%
Total : 39.73%
1-1 @ 11.6% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-2 @ 6.04% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
0-0 @ 5.57% (-0.016 -0.02)
3-3 @ 1.4% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 0.2%
Total : 24.8%
1-2 @ 8.1% (-0.435 -0.43)
0-1 @ 7.78% (-0.427 -0.43)
0-2 @ 5.43% (-0.596 -0.6)
1-3 @ 3.77% (-0.409 -0.41)
2-3 @ 2.81% (-0.147 -0.15)
0-3 @ 2.53% (-0.423 -0.42)
1-4 @ 1.32% (-0.218 -0.22)
2-4 @ 0.98% (-0.105 -0.11)
Other @ 2.76%
Total : 35.47%

How you voted: Harrogate vs Newport

Harrogate Town
75.0%
Draw
25.0%
Newport County
0.0%
8
Head to Head
Oct 7, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 12
Newport
1-2
Harrogate
Evans (58')
Wildig (65'), Delaney (69')
Thomson (42'), O'Connor (52')
Ramsay (74'), Sivi (90+2')
Apr 25, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 38
Newport
2-3
Harrogate
Bogle (3', 79')
Folarin (5'), Thomson (9'), Armstrong (83')
Aug 27, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 6
Harrogate
0-4
Newport
Bogle (4', 44'), Ramsay (9' og.), Nevers (22')
Drysdale (47'), Waite (51')
Jan 15, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 27
Newport
4-0
Harrogate
Demetriou (8' pen.), Telford (43', 49'), Baker-Richardson (55')
Cooper (22'), Norman (47')

Falkingham (8'), Armstrong (20'), Diarra (40')
Sep 10, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 7
Harrogate
2-2
Newport
Muldoon (34'), Armstrong (43')
Bennett (3'), Willmott (38')
Demetriou (85')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CStockport CountyStockport452711795464992
4MK Dons452381479641577
5Crewe AlexandraCrewe451913136864470
6BarrowBarrow441814126053768
7Crawley TownCrawley45207187167467
8Doncaster RoversDoncaster44207176765267
9Walsall451811166868065
10Bradford CityBradford441712155557-263
11Gillingham45189184455-1163
12AFC Wimbledon451614155950962
13Harrogate TownHarrogate451711175867-962
14Notts County45187208985461
15Tranmere RoversTranmere45176226666057
16Morecambe45179196478-1457
17Newport CountyNewport45167226172-1155
18Accrington StanleyAccrington45159215970-1154
19Swindon TownSwindon451411207480-653
20Salford City451311216480-1650
21Grimsby Town451116185772-1549
22Colchester UnitedColchester441111225775-1844
23Sutton UnitedSutton45914225580-2541
RForest Green RoversForest Green45109264378-3539


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!