MX23RW : Tuesday, May 28 08:12:38| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Lyon
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 29
Apr 14, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Parc Olympique Lyonnais
Brest logo

Lyon
4 - 3
Brest

Tolisso (18'), Lacazette (70'), Tagliafico (79'), Maitland-Niles (90+16' pen.)
Benrahma (57'), Tagliafico (59'), O'Brien (87'), Matic (90+10')
Tagliafico (86')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Mounie (59'), Del Castillo (64', 67')
Brassier (17'), Lees-Melou (45+2'), Locko (87'), Bizot (90+11')
Lees-Melou (86')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Ligue 1 clash between Lyon and Brest, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Nantes 1-3 Lyon
Sunday, April 7 at 7.45pm in Ligue 1
Last Game: Brest 4-3 Metz
Sunday, April 7 at 12pm in Ligue 1

We said: Lyon 2-2 Brest

Despite failing to score in their last two Ligue 1 meetings with Brest, Lyon's seven-game undefeated run against this weekend's opponents should become eight in a potentially exciting game. The goalless game at the Groupama last year was an anomaly, as eight of the last 10 matches between these sides have ended with both sides scoring. Thus, expect another high-scoring affair on Sunday. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Lyon win with a probability of 41.92%. A win for Brest had a probability of 32.59% and a draw had a probability of 25.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Lyon win was 1-0 with a probability of 9.55%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.87%) and 2-0 (7.01%). The likeliest Brest win was 0-1 (8.23%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.07%). The actual scoreline of 4-3 was predicted with a 0.4% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Lyon would win this match.

Result
LyonDrawBrest
41.92% (-1.318 -1.32) 25.49% (-0.143 -0.14) 32.59% (1.462 1.46)
Both teams to score 55.22% (1.06 1.06)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
51.43% (1.116 1.12)48.57% (-1.116 -1.12)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.31% (1.007 1.01)70.69% (-1.007 -1.01)
Lyon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.96% (-0.155 -0.16)23.04% (0.155 0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.14% (-0.227 -0.23)56.85% (0.227 0.23)
Brest Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.75% (1.519 1.52)28.25% (-1.519 -1.52)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.05% (1.883 1.88)63.95% (-1.883 -1.88)
Score Analysis
    Lyon 41.92%
    Brest 32.59%
    Draw 25.48%
LyonDrawBrest
1-0 @ 9.55% (-0.488 -0.49)
2-1 @ 8.87% (-0.111 -0.11)
2-0 @ 7.01% (-0.395 -0.4)
3-1 @ 4.34% (-0.075 -0.08)
3-0 @ 3.43% (-0.209 -0.21)
3-2 @ 2.74% (0.069 0.07)
4-1 @ 1.59% (-0.035 -0.03)
4-0 @ 1.26% (-0.083 -0.08)
4-2 @ 1.01% (0.021 0.02)
Other @ 2.12%
Total : 41.92%
1-1 @ 12.07% (-0.1 -0.1)
0-0 @ 6.51% (-0.304 -0.3)
2-2 @ 5.6% (0.165 0.17)
3-3 @ 1.16% (0.076 0.08)
Other @ 0.15%
Total : 25.48%
0-1 @ 8.23% (-0.028 -0.03)
1-2 @ 7.63% (0.258 0.26)
0-2 @ 5.2% (0.199 0.2)
1-3 @ 3.22% (0.237 0.24)
2-3 @ 2.36% (0.165 0.17)
0-3 @ 2.19% (0.171 0.17)
1-4 @ 1.02% (0.114 0.11)
Other @ 2.74%
Total : 32.59%

How you voted: Lyon vs Brest

Lyon
42.4%
Draw
32.2%
Brest
25.4%
59
Head to Head
Sep 23, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 6
Brest
1-0
Lyon
Mounie (87')
Lees-Melou (31'), Camara (64'), Brassier (81')

Nuamah (10')
Feb 1, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 21
Lyon
0-0
Brest
Dec 28, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 16
Brest
2-4
Lyon
Pereira Lage (29'), Mounie (72')
Caqueret (21'), Cherki (32'), Lacazette (35' pen.), Tete (49')
Apr 20, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 33
Brest
2-1
Lyon
Mounie (27' pen.), Cardona (74')
Faussurier (30'), Satriano (58')
Dembele (72')
Tete (18'), Mendes (55')
Aug 7, 2021 4pm
Gameweek 1
Lyon
1-1
Brest
Slimani (62')
Slimani (90+2')
Cardona (43')
Magnetti (67')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CParis Saint-GermainPSG342210281334876
2MonacoMonaco34207768422667
3Brest341710753341961
4Lille341611752341859
5Nice341510940291155
6Lyon34165134955-653
7Lens34149114537851
8Marseille3413111052411150
9Reims34138134247-547
10Rennes341210125346746
11Toulouse341110134246-443
12Montpellier HSCMontpellier341012124348-541
13StrasbourgStrasbourg34109153850-1239
14NantesNantes3496193055-2533
15Le HavreLe Havre34711163445-1132
16Metz3485213558-2329
RLorient3478194366-2329
RClermont34510192660-3425


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!