MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 16:09:04| >> :120:13698:13698:
[monks data]
Levante logo
La Liga | Gameweek 27
Mar 12, 2021 at 8pm UK
Estadi Ciutat de Valencia
Valencia logo

Levante
1 - 0
Valencia

Marti (18')
Vezo (4'), Bardhi (39')
FT(HT: 1-0)

(31'), Lato (34'), Diakhaby (61'), Vallejo (88')

Preview: Levante vs. Valencia - prediction, team news, lineups

Sports Mole previews Friday's La Liga clash between Levante and Valencia, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Valencia will be looking to make it back-to-back La Liga wins for the first time this season when they continue their campaign away to Levante in the Valencia derby on Friday night.

Los Che, who are currently 12th in the table, will enter the contest off the back of a 2-1 home victory over Villarreal, while 11th-placed Levante suffered a 1-0 defeat to Real Sociedad last time out.


Match preview

Levante head coach Paco Lopez pictured in January 2021© Reuters

Levante's form in December and January was excellent, but there is no getting away from the fact that it has been a largely disappointing last month for the club, who have only won one of their last eight matches.

Paco Lopez's side saw their hopes of reaching the Copa del Rey final end on March 4 as they suffered a 3-2 aggregate loss to Athletic Bilbao, while they will enter this match off the back of a 1-0 defeat at Real Sociedad.

Levante have only lost one of their last four in the league, though, and recorded a standout 2-0 victory away to Atletico Madrid on February 20, which was an indication of their capabilities.

A record of seven wins, 11 draws and eight defeats from 26 matches has left them in 11th position in the table, two points clear of 12th-placed Valencia and actually only a point off eighth-placed Athletic Bilbao.

The Frogs have not won Derby del Turia since March 2016, though, and suffered a 4-2 loss when they locked horns with their rivals in the reverse fixture at Mestalla earlier this season.

Valencia boss Javi Gracia celebrates with Uros Racic in January 2021© Reuters

Valencia, meanwhile, will enter the match off the back of an impressive 2-1 win over Villarreal on March 5; Gerard Moreno's first-half goal saw the Yellow Submarine take a lead into the final stages, but Carlos Soler and then Goncalo Guedes registered to complete a late turnaround for Los Che.

Javi Gracia's side, as mentioned, are now bidding to make it back-to-back league victories for the first time this season, with their inconsistent form leaving them down in 12th position in the table.

The six-time Spanish champions have won just seven of their 26 league games this term and currently sit seven points off seventh-placed Villarreal and 12 behind sixth-placed Real Betis.

Los Che are now eight points clear of the relegation zone, though, and appear to have eased any slight fears that they could be pulled into a battle for survival in the final weeks of the season.

Levante La Liga form:
  • D
  • L
  • D
  • W
  • D
  • L

Levante form (all competitions):
  • L
  • D
  • W
  • D
  • L
  • L

Valencia La Liga form:
  • W
  • D
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • W


Team News

Valencia's Carlos Soler celebrates scoring against Real Madrid in La Liga on November 8, 2020© Reuters

Levante will again be unable to call upon Sergio Leon, Rober Pier, Sergio Postigo, Nemanja Radoja, Gonzalo Melero or Jose Campana on Friday, with all five players still injured.

Head coach Lopez has options for change, particularly in the final third, with Jorge de Frutos and Roger Marti pushing for positions in the starting XI.

The bulk of the players that started against Real Sociedad should take to the field once again, though, with Ruben Rochina and Enis Bardhi both likely to feature in the middle of the park.

Valencia, meanwhile, will be without the services of Maxi Gomez, Soler, Uros Racic and Jose Gaya through suspension, with all four players picking up bookings in the win over Villarreal.

Cristiano Piccini and Denis Cheryshev will also be absent through injury, but Mouctar Diakhaby is available, having served a one-game suspension against the Yellow Submarine.

Yunus Musah, Kevin Gameiro, Toni Lato and Christian Oliva could be the four players that are handed starts due to the suspensions, while Guedes is pushing to replace Alex Blanco in attack, but the likes of Thierry Correia and Hugo Guillamon should keep their spots.

Levante possible starting lineup:
Cardenas; Son, Coke, Duarte, Vezo, Tono; Rochina, Vukcevic, Bardhi; D Gomez, Morales

Valencia possible starting lineup:
Cillessen; Correira, Gabriel, Guillamon, Lato; Wass, Oliva, Musah, Guedes; Gameiro, Kang-in


SM words green background

We say: Levante 1-1 Valencia

Levante are unbeaten in 11 of their last 12 home league games - drawing seven times in the process - while Valencia have failed to win in 22 of their last 24 away fixtures in La Liga. Both teams will be missing important players, and we are are finding it difficult to back anything other than a low-scoring draw.



Top tip

Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting under 3.5 goals in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Under 3.5:data



ID:438570:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect10765:

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Levante win with a probability of 38.42%. A win for Valencia had a probability of 34.27% and a draw had a probability of 27.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Levante win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.95%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.2%) and 2-0 (6.94%). The likeliest Valencia win was 0-1 (10.21%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.93%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 11% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 1-0 win for Levante in this match.


Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Game History

How you voted: Levante vs Valencia

Levante
41.3%
Draw
30.0%
Valencia
28.8%
80
Collect / Create New Data
Share this article now:
Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso pictured in November 2020
Read Next:
Barcelona 'eyeing move for Chelsea's Marcos Alonso'
>
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free daily transfer newsletter! Sent twice a day during the transfer window.
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!