MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 05:50:22| >> :300:86500:86500:
Genk
Belgian Pro League | Gameweek 9
May 20, 2024 at 5.30pm UK
Luminus Arena
Royal Antwerp

Genk
1 - 0
Antwerp

Zeqiri (28')
Cuesta (65'), El Ouahdi (78'), Mujaid (89')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Udoh (90+6')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Monday's Belgian Pro League clash between Genk and Royal Antwerp, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Anderlecht 2-1 Genk
Saturday, May 11 at 7.45pm in Belgian Pro League
Last Game: Antwerp 1-2 Cercle Brugge
Sunday, May 12 at 5.30pm in Belgian Pro League

We said: Genk 1-1 Royal Antwerp

Genk recorded a 1-0 victory when these two teams locked horns last month, and we are expecting another tight match on Monday night. It would not be a surprise to see a home or indeed an away win, but we are backing a low-scoring draw at Cegeka Arena. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Genk win with a probability of 44.35%. A win for Royal Antwerp had a probability of 31.16% and a draw had a probability of 24.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Genk win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.15%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.81%) and 2-0 (7.03%). The likeliest Royal Antwerp win was 1-2 (7.45%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.45%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with an 8.8% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Genk would win this match.

Result
GenkDrawRoyal Antwerp
44.35% (-0.311 -0.31) 24.49% (0.106 0.11) 31.16% (0.209 0.21)
Both teams to score 58.04% (-0.252 -0.25)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
55.36% (-0.38 -0.38)44.64% (0.387 0.39)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.99% (-0.37 -0.37)67.01% (0.37599999999999 0.38)
Genk Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.75% (-0.288 -0.29)20.25% (0.294 0.29)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
47.42% (-0.469 -0.47)52.59% (0.475 0.48)
Royal Antwerp Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.77% (-0.049999999999997 -0.05)27.23% (0.056000000000001 0.06)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.35% (-0.068999999999996 -0.07)62.65% (0.074999999999996 0.07)
Score Analysis
    Genk 44.35%
    Royal Antwerp 31.16%
    Draw 24.48%
GenkDrawRoyal Antwerp
2-1 @ 9.15% (-0.028 -0.03)
1-0 @ 8.81% (0.066999999999998 0.07)
2-0 @ 7.03% (-0.011 -0.01)
3-1 @ 4.87% (-0.06 -0.06)
3-0 @ 3.74% (-0.04 -0.04)
3-2 @ 3.17% (-0.044 -0.04)
4-1 @ 1.95% (-0.042 -0.04)
4-0 @ 1.5% (-0.03 -0.03)
4-2 @ 1.27% (-0.029 -0.03)
Other @ 2.88%
Total : 44.35%
1-1 @ 11.45% (0.069999999999999 0.07)
2-2 @ 5.95% (-0.028 -0.03)
0-0 @ 5.51% (0.091 0.09)
3-3 @ 1.37% (-0.021 -0.02)
Other @ 0.19%
Total : 24.48%
1-2 @ 7.45% (0.033 0.03)
0-1 @ 7.17% (0.108 0.11)
0-2 @ 4.67% (0.063 0.06)
1-3 @ 3.23% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.58% (-0.016 -0.02)
0-3 @ 2.02% (0.024 0.02)
1-4 @ 1.05% (0.002 0)
Other @ 2.99%
Total : 31.16%

How you voted: Genk vs Antwerp

Genk
50.0%
Draw
25.0%
Royal Antwerp
25.0%
32
Head to Head
Apr 6, 2024 7.45pm
Gameweek 2
Antwerp
0-1
Genk

Janssen (32'), Yusuf (50'), Kerk (89')
Dec 26, 2023 12.30pm
Gameweek 20
Genk
3-0
Antwerp
Fadera (10'), Arokodare (75', 77')
Arteaga (83')

De Laet (23'), Keita (47'), Coulibaly (66')
Nov 4, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 13
Antwerp
3-2
Genk
Janssen (5'), Ange Balikwisha (11', 39')
Janssen (47'), Muja (51'), Yusuf (68')
Zeqiri (45'), Munoz (90+9')
Paintsil (45+2'), Hrosovsky (45+5'), El Khannous (68'), Baah (90+2')
Jun 4, 2023 5.30pm
Gameweek 6
Genk
2-2
Antwerp
Arokodare (45'), Heynen (75')
Paintsil (69')
Kerk (58'), Alderweireld (90+4')
Kerk (47'), van Bommel (48'), Ange Balikwisha (65')
Ange Balikwisha (90+5')
May 7, 2023 5.30pm
Gameweek 2
Antwerp
2-1
Genk
Alderweireld (45+2' pen.), Ange Balikwisha (52')
McKenzie (20')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!