MX23RW : Tuesday, May 21 06:52:14| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Coventry City
Championship | Gameweek 34
Feb 23, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
The Coventry Building Society Arena
Preston North End logo

Coventry
0 - 3
Preston


Thomas (71')
FT(HT: 0-3)
Riis Jakobsen (1'), Keane (20'), Thomas (38' og.)
Whiteman (43'), Storey (54'), Woodburn (90')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's Championship clash between Coventry City and Preston North End, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Stoke 0-1 Coventry
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Preston 2-2 Blackburn
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Coventry City 2-1 Preston North End

With both teams enjoying some of their best form of the season, they will each expect to collect at least another point from this contest. However, with one home defeat all season, it is difficult to back against Coventry, who could battle their way to victory by the odd goal in three. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Coventry City win with a probability of 63.77%. A draw had a probability of 21.2% and a win for Preston North End had a probability of 15.02%.

The most likely scoreline for a Coventry City win was 1-0 with a probability of 12.41%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (12%) and 2-1 (9.75%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.07%), while for a Preston North End win it was 0-1 (5.21%). The actual scoreline of 0-3 was predicted with a 0.6% likelihood.

Result
Coventry CityDrawPreston North End
63.77% (0.00099999999999767 0) 21.22%15.02% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
Both teams to score 47.57%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
51.76%48.24% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.61% (0.0010000000000012 0)70.39% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)
Coventry City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.54% (0.00099999999999056 0)14.46% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
57.58% (0.0010000000000048 0)42.42% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Preston North End Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
55.61% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)44.39% (0.0010000000000048 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
19.56%80.44%
Score Analysis
    Coventry City 63.76%
    Preston North End 15.02%
    Draw 21.21%
Coventry CityDrawPreston North End
1-0 @ 12.41%
2-0 @ 12%
2-1 @ 9.75%
3-0 @ 7.74%
3-1 @ 6.28%
4-0 @ 3.74%
4-1 @ 3.04%
3-2 @ 2.55%
5-0 @ 1.45%
4-2 @ 1.23%
5-1 @ 1.18%
Other @ 2.4%
Total : 63.76%
1-1 @ 10.07%
0-0 @ 6.42%
2-2 @ 3.96%
Other @ 0.76%
Total : 21.21%
0-1 @ 5.21% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
1-2 @ 4.09%
0-2 @ 2.12%
1-3 @ 1.11%
2-3 @ 1.07%
Other @ 1.42%
Total : 15.02%

How you voted: Coventry vs Preston

Coventry City
66.4%
Draw
16.4%
Preston North End
17.3%
110
Head to Head
Nov 4, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 15
Preston
3-2
Coventry
Holmes (38'), Browne (41' pen.), Osmajic (71')
Lowe (41'), Frokjaer-Jensen (46'), Brady (90+4')
Wright (33', 82')
McFadzean (40'), Bidwell (90+8')
Feb 28, 2023 7.45pm
Aug 31, 2022 7.45pm
Feb 26, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 35
Coventry
1-1
Preston
Tavares (90+8')
Rose (32'), Hamer (69')
Dabo (86')
Johnson (89' pen.)
Earl (14'), Lindsay (17'), Whiteman (74'), Evans (90+2')
Lindsay (84')
Oct 20, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 13
Preston
2-1
Coventry
Bauer (61'), Riis Jakobsen (69')
Hughes (23'), Bauer (50')
Walker (45')
Kelly (51')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CLeicester CityLeicester463141189414897
3Leeds UnitedLeeds462791081433890
4Southampton462691187632487
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4621121370472375
6Norwich CityNorwich4621101579641573
7Hull City461913146860870
8Middlesbrough46209177162969
9Coventry CityCoventry4617131670591164
10Preston North EndPreston46189195667-1163
11Bristol City461711185351262
12Cardiff CityCardiff46195225370-1762
13Millwall461611194555-1059
14Swansea CitySwansea461512195965-657
15Watford461317166161056
16Sunderland46168225254-256
17Stoke CityStoke461511204960-1156
18Queens Park RangersQPR461511204758-1156
19Blackburn RoversBlackburn461411216074-1453
20Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds46158234468-2453
21Plymouth ArgylePlymouth461312215970-1151
RBirmingham CityBirmingham461311225065-1550
RHuddersfield TownHuddersfield46918194877-2945
RRotherham UnitedRotherham46512293789-5227


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!