MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 10:33:38| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
QPR logo
Championship | Gameweek 1
Jan 14, 2024 at 12pm UK
Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium
Watford logo

QPR
1 - 2
Watford

Dykes (77')
Field (5'), Paal (23'), Colback (39')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Livermore (60', 65')
Livermore (20'), Hoedt (45'), Dele-Bashiru (49')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Championship clash between Queens Park Rangers and Watford, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Watford

With both clubs having failed to impress of late, any result is possible, and QPR will hope that playing at home will help their cause. Nevertheless, we have to back Watford who will feel that they have a bit of momentum in their favour after the manner of their FA Cup win. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Watford win with a probability of 44.14%. A win for Queens Park Rangers had a probability of 29.76% and a draw had a probability of 26.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Watford win was 0-1 with a probability of 10.89%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.98%) and 0-2 (7.88%). The likeliest Queens Park Rangers win was 1-0 (8.58%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.41%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with an 9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 1-2 win for Watford in this match and our data analysis correctly predicted the win for Watford.

Result
Queens Park RangersDrawWatford
29.76% (-0.015999999999998 -0.02) 26.1% (-0.017999999999997 -0.02) 44.14% (0.030999999999999 0.03)
Both teams to score 51.98% (0.042999999999999 0.04)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
47.8% (0.059000000000005 0.06)52.2% (-0.061999999999998 -0.06)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.09% (0.048999999999999 0.05)73.91% (-0.052999999999997 -0.05)
Queens Park Rangers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.99% (0.018000000000001 0.02)32.01% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.53% (0.020999999999997 0.02)68.47% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02)
Watford Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.46% (0.037999999999997 0.04)23.54% (-0.040999999999997 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.41% (0.055999999999997 0.06)57.59% (-0.061 -0.06)
Score Analysis
    Queens Park Rangers 29.76%
    Watford 44.13%
    Draw 26.1%
Queens Park RangersDrawWatford
1-0 @ 8.58% (-0.016 -0.02)
2-1 @ 7.07%
2-0 @ 4.89% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
3-1 @ 2.69% (0.00099999999999989 0)
3-2 @ 1.94% (0.0029999999999999 0)
3-0 @ 1.86% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 2.73%
Total : 29.76%
1-1 @ 12.41% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 7.54% (-0.018 -0.02)
2-2 @ 5.11% (0.0049999999999999 0)
3-3 @ 0.94% (0.002 0)
Other @ 0.1%
Total : 26.1%
0-1 @ 10.89% (-0.02 -0.02)
1-2 @ 8.98% (0.004999999999999 0)
0-2 @ 7.88%
1-3 @ 4.33% (0.008 0.01)
0-3 @ 3.8% (0.004 0)
2-3 @ 2.47% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
1-4 @ 1.57% (0.004 0)
0-4 @ 1.37% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 2.84%
Total : 44.13%

How you voted: QPR vs Watford

Queens Park Rangers
24.2%
Draw
15.2%
Watford
60.6%
33
Head to Head
Aug 5, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 27
Watford
4-0
QPR
Dele-Bashiru (1'), Louza (20'), Martins (38'), Issouf Bayo (43')
Morris (45+1')

Armstrong (67'), Field (76')
Mar 11, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 36
QPR
1-0
Watford
Aug 27, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 6
Watford
2-3
QPR

Kamara (84'), Kabasele (90')
Adomah (70')
Dieng (81'), Dozzell (85')
Feb 1, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 27
Watford
1-2
QPR
Deeney (52' pen.)
Sierralta (54'), Navarro (90+4')
Austin (73'), Adomah (90')
Wallace (34')
Nov 21, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 12
QPR
1-1
Watford
Chair (77')
Dykes (90+1')
Wilmot (3')
Sema (59'), Cathcart (85')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester432941081394291
2Ipswich TownIpswich432611685533289
3Leeds UnitedLeeds43269876344287
4Southampton43259985562984
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4420121267442372
6Norwich CityNorwich442191477611672
7Hull City431812136254866
8Coventry CityCoventry4217121366521463
9Middlesbrough43189166156563
10Preston North EndPreston44189175661-563
11Cardiff CityCardiff44195205061-1162
12Bristol City441611175147459
13Sunderland44168205251156
14Swansea CitySwansea441511185762-556
15Watford441217155958153
16Millwall441411194355-1253
17Stoke CityStoke441311204460-1650
18Queens Park RangersQPR441311204157-1650
19Blackburn RoversBlackburn431310205771-1449
20Plymouth ArgylePlymouth441212205869-1148
21Birmingham CityBirmingham441210224864-1646
22Huddersfield TownHuddersfield44917184774-2744
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds43128233667-3144
RRotherham UnitedRotherham44412283285-5324


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!