MX23RW : Tuesday, July 16 18:48:12| >> :300:86500:86500:
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Burnley logo
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Derby logo
Hull logo
Leeds logo
Luton Town
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Oxford United
Plymouth Argyle
Portsmouth
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Sheffield United logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Sunderland
Championship | Gameweek 22
Dec 12, 2022 at 8pm UK
Stadium of Light
West Brom logo

Sunderland
1 - 2
West Brom

Diallo (19' pen.)
Batth (33')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Rogic (70'), Dike (82')
Wallace (71')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Monday's Championship clash between Sunderland and West Bromwich Albion, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Sunderland 3-0 Millwall
Saturday, December 3 at 12.30pm in Championship
Last Game: West Brom 2-0 Stoke
Saturday, November 12 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Sunderland 2-1 West Bromwich Albion

West Brom's confidence is as high as it has been all season and they will fancy their chances of extending their winning streak in the North-East. However, Sunderland's greater match sharpness may prove key, leading us to predict a narrow win for the home side. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Sunderland win with a probability of 42.57%. A win for West Bromwich Albion had a probability of 29.72% and a draw had a probability of 27.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sunderland win was 1-0 with a probability of 12.46%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.49%) and 2-0 (8.14%). The likeliest West Bromwich Albion win was 0-1 (9.95%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 6.8% likelihood.

Result
SunderlandDrawWest Bromwich Albion
42.57% (0.445 0.45) 27.71% (0.12 0.12) 29.72% (-0.56 -0.56)
Both teams to score 47.22% (-0.59 -0.59)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
41.7% (-0.628 -0.63)58.3% (0.632 0.63)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
21.07% (-0.494 -0.49)78.93% (0.49900000000001 0.5)
Sunderland Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.92% (-0.055999999999997 -0.06)27.08% (0.061 0.06)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.54% (-0.072000000000003 -0.07)62.46% (0.077000000000005 0.08)
West Bromwich Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.76% (-0.75700000000001 -0.76)35.24% (0.761 0.76)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28% (-0.8 -0.8)72% (0.804 0.8)
Score Analysis
    Sunderland 42.57%
    West Bromwich Albion 29.72%
    Draw 27.7%
SunderlandDrawWest Bromwich Albion
1-0 @ 12.46% (0.27 0.27)
2-1 @ 8.49%
2-0 @ 8.14% (0.167 0.17)
3-1 @ 3.7% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
3-0 @ 3.55% (0.067 0.07)
3-2 @ 1.93% (-0.044 -0.04)
4-1 @ 1.21% (-0.004 -0)
4-0 @ 1.16% (0.02 0.02)
Other @ 1.93%
Total : 42.57%
1-1 @ 13% (0.02 0.02)
0-0 @ 9.54% (0.226 0.23)
2-2 @ 4.43% (-0.093 -0.09)
Other @ 0.73%
Total : 27.7%
0-1 @ 9.95% (0.033000000000001 0.03)
1-2 @ 6.78% (-0.13 -0.13)
0-2 @ 5.19% (-0.091 -0.09)
1-3 @ 2.36% (-0.096 -0.1)
0-3 @ 1.81% (-0.07 -0.07)
2-3 @ 1.54% (-0.065 -0.07)
Other @ 2.09%
Total : 29.72%

How you voted: Sunderland vs West Brom

Sunderland
62.2%
Draw
24.3%
West Bromwich Albion
13.5%
37
Head to Head
Jan 21, 2017 3pm
Oct 1, 2016 3pm
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header

No data available at present. Please try results.



Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain33009
Q Italy Italy31114
3 Croatia Croatia30212
4 Albania national flag Albania30121

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
Q England flag England31205
Q Denmark Denmark30303
Q Slovenia Slovenia30303
4 Serbia Serbia30212

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Austria Austria32016
Q France France31205
Q Netherlands Netherlands31114
4 Poland Poland30121

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Romania Romania31114
Q Belgium Belgium31114
Q Slovakia Slovakia31114
4 Ukraine Ukraine31114

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal32016
Q Turkey Turkey32016
Q Georgia Georgia31114
4 Czech Republic Czech Republic30121


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!