MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 11:48:17| >> :120:8947:8947:
Bristol Rovers
FA Cup | Third Round Replays
Jan 17, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Memorial Stadium
Norwich logo

Bristol Rovers
1 - 3
Norwich

McCormick (20')
Finley (42')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Sara (53'), Idah (59' pen.), McLean (87')
Rowe (61'), Barnes (90+7')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's FA Cup clash between Bristol Rovers and Norwich City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Hull City 1-2 Norwich
Friday, January 12 at 8pm in Championship

We said: Bristol Rovers 1-2 Norwich City

Both teams will be motivated by the prospect of facing Liverpool in the fourth round and will fancy their chances of success on Wednesday, particularly Bristol Rovers on home soil if Norwich decide to make several changes to their lineup. However, Wagner should still select a strong-enough team capable of getting the job done this time around to avoid a cup upset. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Bristol Rovers win with a probability of 44.22%. A win for Norwich City had a probability of 31.88% and a draw had a probability of 23.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bristol Rovers win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.1%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.98%) and 2-0 (6.62%). The likeliest Norwich City win was 1-2 (7.55%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.98%). The actual scoreline of 1-3 was predicted with a 3.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Norwich City would win this match.

Result
Bristol RoversDrawNorwich City
44.22% (-0.933 -0.93) 23.89% (0.373 0.37) 31.88% (0.553 0.55)
Both teams to score 60.48% (-1.086 -1.09)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.42% (-1.54 -1.54)41.57% (1.533 1.53)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.02% (-1.574 -1.57)63.97% (1.569 1.57)
Bristol Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.94% (-1.005 -1.01)19.05% (0.999 1)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49.36% (-1.688 -1.69)50.64% (1.683 1.68)
Norwich City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.72% (-0.41300000000001 -0.41)25.27% (0.407 0.41)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
39.96% (-0.569 -0.57)60.03% (0.563 0.56)
Score Analysis
    Bristol Rovers 44.22%
    Norwich City 31.89%
    Draw 23.89%
Bristol RoversDrawNorwich City
2-1 @ 9.1% (-0.051 -0.05)
1-0 @ 7.98% (0.299 0.3)
2-0 @ 6.62% (0.04 0.04)
3-1 @ 5.03% (-0.193 -0.19)
3-0 @ 3.66% (-0.096 -0.1)
3-2 @ 3.46% (-0.175 -0.18)
4-1 @ 2.09% (-0.151 -0.15)
4-0 @ 1.52% (-0.09 -0.09)
4-2 @ 1.43% (-0.122 -0.12)
Other @ 3.33%
Total : 44.22%
1-1 @ 10.98% (0.29 0.29)
2-2 @ 6.26% (-0.11 -0.11)
0-0 @ 4.82% (0.326 0.33)
3-3 @ 1.59% (-0.1 -0.1)
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 23.89%
1-2 @ 7.55% (0.11 0.11)
0-1 @ 6.62% (0.375 0.38)
0-2 @ 4.55% (0.207 0.21)
1-3 @ 3.46% (0.01 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.87% (-0.085 -0.09)
0-3 @ 2.09% (0.072 0.07)
1-4 @ 1.19% (-0.011 -0.01)
2-4 @ 0.99% (-0.041 -0.04)
Other @ 2.56%
Total : 31.89%

How you voted: Bristol Rovers vs Norwich

Bristol Rovers
26.6%
Draw
13.9%
Norwich City
59.5%
79
Head to Head
Jan 6, 2024 3pm
May 1, 2010 3pm
Oct 3, 2009 3pm
Norwich
5-1
Bristol Rovers
Hoolahan (31' pen.), Martin (9'), Holt (33', 40'), Cureton (90')
Berthel Askou (26'), Lappin (38'), Drury (59')
Hughes (26' pen.)
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Arsenal33235577265174
2Manchester CityMan City32227376324473
3Liverpool32218372314171
4Aston Villa33196868491963
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs32186865491660
6Newcastle UnitedNewcastle321551269521750
7Manchester UnitedMan Utd32155124748-150
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham33139115258-648
9Chelsea31138106152947
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton321111105250244
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves33127144653-743
12Fulham33126154951-242
13Bournemouth32119124757-1042
14Brentford3498175259-735
15Crystal Palace3289153754-1733
16Everton3298153248-1627
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3379174258-1626
18Luton TownLuton3467214775-2825
19Burnley3458213769-3223
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3337233188-5716


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!