MX23RW : Wednesday, April 17 08:40:30| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Wycombe Wanderers
League One | Gameweek 36
Mar 2, 2024 at 3pm UK
Adams Park
Barnsley

Wycombe
2 - 4
Barnsley

Taylor (16'), Sadlier (52')
Grimmer (44'), Leahy (45+1'), Kone (74')
Wheeler (68')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Cosgrove (45+2'), Pines (56'), O'Keeffe (65'), Grant (72')
Phillips (35'), Cosgrove (44'), Russell (90+7')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Wycombe Wanderers and Barnsley, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Barnsley 2-1 Derby
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in League One

We said: Wycombe Wanderers 1-2 Barnsley

Barnsley are prone to winning narrowly in tight games in recent months, and we envisage another three-point haul on Saturday, with the hosts bound to trouble them in a tough trip but Collins's men boasting the quality and momentum to get over the line again. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Barnsley win with a probability of 37.84%. A win for Wycombe Wanderers had a probability of 37.55% and a draw had a probability of 24.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Barnsley win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.41%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (7.82%) and 0-2 (5.75%). The likeliest Wycombe Wanderers win was 2-1 (8.38%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.44%). The actual scoreline of 2-4 was predicted with a 1.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Barnsley would win this match.

Result
Wycombe WanderersDrawBarnsley
37.55% (-0.056999999999995 -0.06) 24.61% (0.0040000000000013 0) 37.84% (0.054000000000002 0.05)
Both teams to score 59.2% (-0.012999999999998 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.2% (-0.012 -0.01)43.8% (0.012 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
33.81% (-0.012 -0.01)66.19% (0.013000000000005 0.01)
Wycombe Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.87% (-0.037000000000006 -0.04)23.13% (0.038 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43% (-0.052 -0.05)56.99% (0.053000000000004 0.05)
Barnsley Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.02% (0.022999999999996 0.02)22.98% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.23% (0.033000000000001 0.03)56.77% (-0.031999999999996 -0.03)
Score Analysis
    Wycombe Wanderers 37.55%
    Barnsley 37.84%
    Draw 24.61%
Wycombe WanderersDrawBarnsley
2-1 @ 8.38% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
1-0 @ 7.78% (-0.0040000000000004 -0)
2-0 @ 5.7% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
3-1 @ 4.09% (-0.008 -0.01)
3-2 @ 3.01% (-0.004 -0)
3-0 @ 2.78% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
4-1 @ 1.5% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
4-2 @ 1.1% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
4-0 @ 1.02% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
Other @ 2.21%
Total : 37.55%
1-1 @ 11.44%
2-2 @ 6.16% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-0 @ 5.32% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-3 @ 1.47%
Other @ 0.22%
Total : 24.61%
1-2 @ 8.41% (0.0069999999999997 0.01)
0-1 @ 7.82% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-2 @ 5.75% (0.011 0.01)
1-3 @ 4.12% (0.0059999999999993 0.01)
2-3 @ 3.02% (0.0010000000000003 0)
0-3 @ 2.82% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
1-4 @ 1.52% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-4 @ 1.11% (0.0010000000000001 0)
0-4 @ 1.04% (0.004 0)
Other @ 2.24%
Total : 37.84%

How you voted: Wycombe vs Barnsley

Wycombe Wanderers
29.2%
Draw
4.2%
Barnsley
66.7%
24
Head to Head
Nov 28, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 20
Barnsley
1-0
Wycombe
Cosgrove (90+1')

Phillips (59'), Boyes (89'), Tafazolli (90+4'), Stryjek (90+2')
Boyes (90+2')
Mar 18, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 37
Wycombe
0-1
Barnsley
Tedic (85')
Aug 20, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 5
Barnsley
0-3
Wycombe

Williams (46'), Benson (87'), Norwood (90+1')
Mehmeti (37'), Gape (72'), Freeman (83')
Obita (41'), Mawson (68')
Mar 17, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 37
Wycombe
1-3
Barnsley
Ikpeazu (85')
Knight (90'), Jacobson (90')
Woodrow (45+1' pen.), Dike (49', 81')
Styles (59'), Morris (77'), Sibbick (90')
Mowatt (74')
Dec 9, 2020 7.45pm
Gameweek 17
Barnsley
2-1
Wycombe
Styles (31'), Woodrow (61' pen.)
Mowatt (73'), Mason (77'), Styles (80')
Jacobson (49' pen.)
Allsop (60'), Grimmer (73'), Jacobson (81')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth442713475393694
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton442411981483383
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough432481184562880
5Barnsley4421121179601975
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4421101376542273
7Lincoln CityLincoln4419141163372671
8Blackpool4420101460431770
9Stevenage4418131354441067
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Wycombe WanderersWycombe431513155553258
13Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
14Bristol Rovers44169195264-1257
15Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury44138233363-3047
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge431210213859-2146
20Burton Albion441110233662-2643
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham43118243761-2441
22Port Vale441010244172-3140
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood44813234572-2737
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!