MX23RW : Monday, May 20 12:21:07| >> :300:86500:86500:
AFC Wimbledon
Accrington Stanley
Barrow
Bradford City
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Crewe Alexandra
Doncaster Rovers
Forest Green Rovers
Gillingham
Grimsby Town
Harrogate Town
MK Dons
Mansfield Town
Morecambe
Newport County
Notts County
Salford City
Stockport County
Sutton United
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers
Walsall
Wrexham AFC
Colchester United
League Two | Gameweek 33
Apr 16, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
JobServe Community Stadium
Grimsby Town

Colchester
2 - 0
Grimsby Town

Hopper (5'), Akinde (79')
Hornby (73'), Iandolo (75')
Dallison (90+6')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Obikwu (48'), Mullarkey (90+2')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's League Two clash between Colchester United and Grimsby Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Crawley 2-3 Colchester
Saturday, April 13 at 3pm in League Two
Last Game: Crewe 0-3 Grimsby Town
Saturday, April 13 at 3pm in League Two

We said: Colchester United 1-1 Grimsby Town

Colchester will be full of confidence following Saturday's win at Crawley, but we cannot envisage the U's winning back-to-back matches in League Two. There is a similar school of thought for Grimsby, who are unlikely to be victorious in successive outings after winning just once on the road previously, meaning that a share of the spoils is on the cards. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Grimsby Town win with a probability of 39.36%. A win for Colchester United had a probability of 35.25% and a draw had a probability of 25.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Grimsby Town win was 0-1 with a probability of 8.94%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.59%) and 0-2 (6.4%). The likeliest Colchester United win was 1-0 (8.38%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.99%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 5.6% likelihood.

Result
Colchester UnitedDrawGrimsby Town
35.25% (-2.526 -2.53) 25.39% (-0.251 -0.25) 39.36% (2.779 2.78)
Both teams to score 56.21% (0.745 0.74)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52.42% (1.015 1.01)47.58% (-1.011 -1.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
30.22% (0.932 0.93)69.78% (-0.92899999999999 -0.93)
Colchester United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.85% (-0.955 -0.95)26.15% (0.957 0.96)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.78% (-1.298 -1.3)61.22% (1.3 1.3)
Grimsby Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.11% (1.968 1.97)23.89% (-1.966 -1.97)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.91% (2.739 2.74)58.09% (-2.737 -2.74)
Score Analysis
    Colchester United 35.25%
    Grimsby Town 39.36%
    Draw 25.39%
Colchester UnitedDrawGrimsby Town
1-0 @ 8.38% (-0.601 -0.6)
2-1 @ 8.05% (-0.327 -0.33)
2-0 @ 5.62% (-0.571 -0.57)
3-1 @ 3.6% (-0.25 -0.25)
3-2 @ 2.58% (-0.027 -0.03)
3-0 @ 2.51% (-0.332 -0.33)
4-1 @ 1.21% (-0.119 -0.12)
Other @ 3.31%
Total : 35.25%
1-1 @ 11.99% (-0.15 -0.15)
0-0 @ 6.25% (-0.267 -0.27)
2-2 @ 5.76% (0.098 0.1)
3-3 @ 1.23% (0.056 0.06)
Other @ 0.16%
Total : 25.39%
0-1 @ 8.94% (0.133 0.13)
1-2 @ 8.59% (0.373 0.37)
0-2 @ 6.4% (0.444 0.44)
1-3 @ 4.1% (0.395 0.4)
0-3 @ 3.06% (0.369 0.37)
2-3 @ 2.75% (0.196 0.2)
1-4 @ 1.47% (0.214 0.21)
0-4 @ 1.09% (0.185 0.19)
2-4 @ 0.98% (0.12 0.12)
Other @ 1.98%
Total : 39.36%

How you voted: Colchester vs Grimsby Town

Colchester United
60.7%
Draw
28.6%
Grimsby Town
10.7%
28
Head to Head
Oct 24, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 15
Grimsby Town
2-3
Colchester
Goodman (7' og.), Wilson (52')
Andrews (39')
Taylor (11'), Mitchell (35'), Read (64')
Mitchell (22'), Dallison (60'), Egbo (66')
Feb 11, 2023 3pm
Sep 17, 2022 3pm
Mar 13, 2021 5.30pm
Gameweek 36
Grimsby Town
0-0
Colchester
Matete (25')
Pell (90+2')
Dec 5, 2020 5.30pm
Gameweek 16
Colchester
2-1
Grimsby Town
Smith (8'), Harriott (56')
Gambin (63'), Eastman (87')
Hendrie (23')
Pollock (2')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CStockport CountyStockport462711896484892
4MK Dons462391483681578
5Doncaster RoversDoncaster46218177368571
6Crewe AlexandraCrewe461914136965471
7Crawley TownCrawley46217187367670
8BarrowBarrow461815136256669
9Bradford CityBradford461912156159269
10AFC Wimbledon4617141564511365
11Walsall461811176973-465
12Gillingham461810184657-1164
13Harrogate TownHarrogate461712176069-963
14Notts County46187218986361
15Morecambe461710196781-1458
16Tranmere RoversTranmere46176236770-357
17Accrington StanleyAccrington46169216371-857
18Newport CountyNewport46167236276-1455
19Swindon TownSwindon461412207783-654
20Salford City461312216682-1651
21Grimsby Town461116195774-1749
22Colchester UnitedColchester461112235980-2145
RSutton UnitedSutton46915225984-2542
RForest Green RoversForest Green46119264478-3442


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!