MX23RW : Tuesday, May 21 06:21:35| >> :300:86500:86500:
AFC Wimbledon
Accrington Stanley
Barrow
Bradford City
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Crewe Alexandra
Doncaster Rovers
Forest Green Rovers
Gillingham
Grimsby Town
Harrogate Town
MK Dons
Mansfield Town
Morecambe
Newport County
Notts County
Salford City
Stockport County
Sutton United
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers
Walsall
Wrexham AFC
Barrow
League Two | Gameweek 41
Mar 29, 2024 at 3pm UK
The Dunes Hotel Stadium
Grimsby Town

Barrow
3 - 1
Grimsby Town

Stockton (11', 22'), Gotts (82')
Telford (71')
FT(HT: 2-0)
Obikwu (89')
Artell (0')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's League Two clash between Barrow and Grimsby Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Barrow 1-0 Newport
Saturday, March 23 at 3pm in League Two
Last Game: Grimsby Town 1-3 Wrexham
Saturday, March 23 at 3pm in League Two

We said: Barrow 1-0 Grimsby Town

Barrow's strong home form and Grimsby's away woes favor a home win. Although the away side's need for points adds intrigue, a tight game with Barrow edging it 1-0 is what we expect. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Barrow win with a probability of 46.84%. A draw had a probability of 27.3% and a win for Grimsby Town had a probability of 25.87%.

The most likely scoreline for a Barrow win was 1-0 with a probability of 13.37%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.26%) and 2-1 (8.82%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.74%), while for a Grimsby Town win it was 0-1 (9.21%). The actual scoreline of 3-1 was predicted with a 4.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Barrow would win this match.

Result
BarrowDrawGrimsby Town
46.84% (0.033999999999999 0.03) 27.28% (0.013000000000002 0.01) 25.87% (-0.047000000000001 -0.05)
Both teams to score 46.03% (-0.067999999999998 -0.07)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
41.35% (-0.070999999999998 -0.07)58.65% (0.071000000000005 0.07)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
20.8% (-0.053000000000001 -0.05)79.2% (0.055999999999997 0.06)
Barrow Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.93% (-0.013999999999996 -0.01)25.07% (0.014000000000003 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.25% (-0.020000000000003 -0.02)59.75% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Grimsby Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.43% (-0.080000000000005 -0.08)38.57% (0.080000000000005 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.68% (-0.074999999999999 -0.07)75.32% (0.075999999999993 0.08)
Score Analysis
    Barrow 46.83%
    Grimsby Town 25.87%
    Draw 27.28%
BarrowDrawGrimsby Town
1-0 @ 13.37% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
2-0 @ 9.26% (0.017000000000001 0.02)
2-1 @ 8.82% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
3-0 @ 4.27% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
3-1 @ 4.07% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-2 @ 1.94% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
4-0 @ 1.48% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-1 @ 1.41% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.24%
Total : 46.83%
1-1 @ 12.74%
0-0 @ 9.67% (0.026 0.03)
2-2 @ 4.2% (-0.011 -0.01)
Other @ 0.67%
Total : 27.28%
0-1 @ 9.21% (0.004999999999999 0)
1-2 @ 6.07% (-0.013 -0.01)
0-2 @ 4.39% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
1-3 @ 1.93% (-0.008 -0.01)
0-3 @ 1.39% (-0.006 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.33% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 1.55%
Total : 25.87%

How you voted: Barrow vs Grimsby Town

Barrow
66.7%
Draw
16.7%
Grimsby Town
16.7%
6
Head to Head
Oct 3, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 11
Grimsby Town
2-1
Barrow
Rose (37'), Wilson (75')
Conteh (32')
Foley (79')
Chester (45+3')
Apr 18, 2023 7.45pm
Oct 25, 2022 7.45pm
Mar 23, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 26
Barrow
0-1
Grimsby Town
Spokes (71')
John-Lewis (62')
Nov 3, 2020 7pm
Gameweek 11
Grimsby Town
1-0
Barrow
Gibson (60')
Waterfall (77'), McKeown (89')

Hird (41'), Platt (71')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CStockport CountyStockport462711896484892
4MK Dons462391483681578
5Doncaster RoversDoncaster46218177368571
6Crewe AlexandraCrewe461914136965471
7Crawley TownCrawley46217187367670
8BarrowBarrow461815136256669
9Bradford CityBradford461912156159269
10AFC Wimbledon4617141564511365
11Walsall461811176973-465
12Gillingham461810184657-1164
13Harrogate TownHarrogate461712176069-963
14Notts County46187218986361
15Morecambe461710196781-1458
16Tranmere RoversTranmere46176236770-357
17Accrington StanleyAccrington46169216371-857
18Newport CountyNewport46167236276-1455
19Swindon TownSwindon461412207783-654
20Salford City461312216682-1651
21Grimsby Town461116195774-1749
22Colchester UnitedColchester461112235980-2145
RSutton UnitedSutton46915225984-2542
RForest Green RoversForest Green46119264478-3442


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!