MX23RW : Wednesday, April 17 03:06:25| >> :300:86500:86500:
Brest logo
Clermont Foot
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lorient logo
Lyon
Marseille
Metz logo
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Strasbourg
Toulouse
Clermont Foot
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 24
Mar 2, 2024 at 8pm UK
Stade Gabriel Montpied
Marseille

Clermont
1 - 5
Marseille

Boutobba (53')
Cham (34'), Borges (45+2')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Ndiaye (23'), Aubameyang (59'), Clauss (67'), Henrique (80'), Moumbagna (90+2')
Kondogbia (68')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Ligue 1 clash between Clermont and Marseille, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Nice 0-0 Clermont
Sunday, February 25 at 2pm in Ligue 1

We said: Clermont 1-2 Marseille

Both teams have reason to be optimistic of success on Saturday and will view this fixture as a must-win if they wish to achieve their end-of-season targets. Although Marseille's away from has been woeful to say the least this term, their resurgence under new boss Gasset has not gone unnoticed and the 70-year-old should have enough quality at his disposal to lead the visitors to an important victory over their relegation-threatened counterparts. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Marseille win with a probability of 51.05%. A draw had a probability of 25.2% and a win for Clermont had a probability of 23.74%.

The most likely scoreline for a Marseille win was 0-1 with a probability of 12.08%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-2 (9.54%) and 1-2 (9.46%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.97%), while for a Clermont win it was 1-0 (7.58%). The actual scoreline of 1-5 was predicted with a 0.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Marseille would win this match.

Result
ClermontDrawMarseille
23.74% (-0.010000000000002 -0.01) 25.21% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02) 51.05% (0.032000000000004 0.03)
Both teams to score 49.92% (0.063000000000002 0.06)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
47.41% (0.087999999999994 0.09)52.59% (-0.088999999999999 -0.09)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
25.76% (0.076000000000001 0.08)74.24% (-0.076999999999998 -0.08)
Clermont Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
62.88% (0.039999999999999 0.04)37.12% (-0.042000000000002 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
26.09% (0.041 0.04)73.91% (-0.041999999999987 -0.04)
Marseille Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.39% (0.049000000000007 0.05)20.61% (-0.050000000000001 -0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.84% (0.078000000000003 0.08)53.16% (-0.079000000000001 -0.08)
Score Analysis
    Clermont 23.74%
    Marseille 51.04%
    Draw 25.21%
ClermontDrawMarseille
1-0 @ 7.58% (-0.018 -0.02)
2-1 @ 5.93% (0.00099999999999945 0)
2-0 @ 3.76% (-0.0050000000000003 -0.01)
3-1 @ 1.96% (0.0029999999999999 0)
3-2 @ 1.55% (0.0050000000000001 0.01)
3-0 @ 1.24%
Other @ 1.72%
Total : 23.74%
1-1 @ 11.97% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 7.65% (-0.026999999999999 -0.03)
2-2 @ 4.69% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 0.9%
Total : 25.21%
0-1 @ 12.08% (-0.02 -0.02)
0-2 @ 9.54% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)
1-2 @ 9.46% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
0-3 @ 5.02% (0.0049999999999999 0)
1-3 @ 4.98% (0.011 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.47% (0.008 0.01)
0-4 @ 1.98% (0.0049999999999999 0)
1-4 @ 1.97% (0.0069999999999999 0.01)
2-4 @ 0.97% (0.005 0.01)
Other @ 2.57%
Total : 51.04%

How you voted: Clermont vs Marseille

Clermont
13.5%
Draw
15.4%
Marseille
71.2%
52
Head to Head
Dec 17, 2023 4.05pm
Gameweek 16
Marseille
2-1
Clermont
Murillo (26'), Harit (42')
Allevinah (58')
Seidu (67'), Gastien (85'), Caufriez (89')
Feb 11, 2023 8.45pm
Gameweek 23
Clermont
0-2
Marseille
Sanchez (44' pen., 81')
Aug 31, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 5
Marseille
1-0
Clermont
Gueye (49')
Rongier (44'), Bailly (90+1')

Andric (37'), Seidu (64')
Feb 20, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 25
Marseille
0-2
Clermont

Sampaoli (39'), Guendouzi (68'), Caleta-Car (75')
Bayo (13'), Allevinah (84')
Seidu (68'), Kyei (89')
Oct 31, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 12
Clermont
0-1
Marseille

Khaoui (53')
Under (25')
Guendouzi (24'), Saliba (40'), Balerdi (43'), de la Fuente (56')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Paris Saint-GermainPSG28189165244163
2Brest29158644271753
3MonacoMonaco28157653381552
4Lille281310542251749
5Nice2812882822644
6Lens29127103832643
7Lyon29125123845-741
8Reims29117113639-340
9Marseille2810994133839
10Rennes29109104136539
11Toulouse2999113437-336
12StrasbourgStrasbourg2999113340-736
13Montpellier HSCMontpellier29810113641-533
14NantesNantes2994162845-1731
15Le HavreLe Havre29610132737-1028
16Lorient2868143552-1726
17Metz2975173049-1926
18Clermont29410152148-2722


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!