MX23RW : Wednesday, May 22 08:25:18| >> :600:2639706:2639706:
Rangers logo
Scottish Cup | Semi-Finals
Apr 21, 2024 at 3pm UK
Ibrox Stadium
Hearts logo

Rangers
2 - 0
Hearts

Dessers (5', 78')
Souttar (59'), Raskin (82')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Devlin (59'), Tait (82')

The Match

Match Report

Rangers will face Old Firm rivals Celtic in the Scottish Cup final after beating Hearts 2-0 in the semi-finals at Hampden Park on Sunday.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Scottish Cup clash between Rangers and Hearts, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Dundee 0-0 Rangers
Wednesday, April 17 at 8pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Hearts 4-2 Livingston
Saturday, April 13 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Rangers win with a probability of 62.22%. A draw had a probability of 19.9% and a win for Hearts had a probability of 17.89%.

The most likely scoreline for a Rangers win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.86%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.14%) and 1-0 (8.42%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.08%), while for a Hearts win it was 1-2 (4.9%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 9.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Rangers would win this match.

Result
RangersDrawHearts
62.22% (0.521 0.52) 19.89% (-0.085999999999999 -0.09) 17.89% (-0.429 -0.43)
Both teams to score 58.48% (-0.549 -0.55)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
63.04% (-0.321 -0.32)36.96% (0.325 0.32)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
40.85% (-0.348 -0.35)59.14% (0.354 0.35)
Rangers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.59% (0.045999999999992 0.05)11.41% (-0.042 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
63.82% (0.091000000000001 0.09)36.18% (-0.086999999999996 -0.09)
Hearts Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
66.01% (-0.652 -0.65)33.99% (0.657 0.66)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
29.33% (-0.711 -0.71)70.66% (0.715 0.72)
Score Analysis
    Rangers 62.22%
    Hearts 17.89%
    Draw 19.89%
RangersDrawHearts
2-1 @ 9.86% (0.013 0.01)
2-0 @ 9.14% (0.174 0.17)
1-0 @ 8.42% (0.147 0.15)
3-1 @ 7.13% (0.021 0.02)
3-0 @ 6.61% (0.137 0.14)
4-1 @ 3.87% (0.018 0.02)
3-2 @ 3.85% (-0.058 -0.06)
4-0 @ 3.59% (0.08 0.08)
4-2 @ 2.09% (-0.028 -0.03)
5-1 @ 1.68% (0.011 0.01)
5-0 @ 1.56% (0.037 0.04)
5-2 @ 0.91% (-0.011 -0.01)
Other @ 3.52%
Total : 62.22%
1-1 @ 9.08% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
2-2 @ 5.32% (-0.089 -0.09)
0-0 @ 3.88% (0.062 0.06)
3-3 @ 1.39% (-0.046 -0.05)
Other @ 0.22%
Total : 19.89%
1-2 @ 4.9% (-0.09 -0.09)
0-1 @ 4.19% (-0.008 -0.01)
0-2 @ 2.26% (-0.046 -0.05)
2-3 @ 1.91% (-0.067 -0.07)
1-3 @ 1.76% (-0.065 -0.07)
Other @ 2.87%
Total : 17.89%

How you voted: Rangers vs Hearts

Rangers
66.7%
Draw
5.1%
Hearts
28.2%
39
Head to Head
Feb 24, 2024 3pm
Gameweek 27
Rangers
5-0
Hearts
Diomande (2'), Cortes (37'), Dessers (44', 48'), Silva (65')
Souttar (41'), Raskin (78')

Shankland (45+2'), Tait (88')
Dec 6, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 16
Hearts
0-1
Rangers

Vargas (51'), Cochrane (63'), Forrest (90+1')
Sima (34')
Yilmaz (69')
Nov 5, 2023 3pm
Semi-Finals
Hearts
1-3
Rangers
Shankland (81' pen.)
Kingsley (45+3'), Rowles (63'), Devlin (88'), Denholm (90+1')
Kingsley (79')
Tavernier (50' pen., 64'), Wright (55')
Cantwell (29')
Oct 29, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 10
Rangers
2-1
Hearts
Tavernier (90' pen.), Danilo (90+3')
Lundstram (31')
Shankland (5')
Offiah (15'), Cochrane (72'), Haring (89'), Vargas (90+8'), Forrest (90+7')
May 24, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 37
Rangers
2-2
Hearts
Cantwell (45+4'), Sakala (47')
McGregor (37'), Yilmaz (55'), Morelos (58')
Shankland (1'), Kuol (90+4')
Naismith (44'), Ginnelly (45+5'), Rowles (63'), Smith (78'), Kuol (90+4')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CManchester CityMan City38287396346291
2Arsenal38285591296289
3Liverpool382410486414582
4Aston Villa382081076611568
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs382061274611366
6Chelsea381891177631463
7Newcastle UnitedNewcastle381861485622360
8Manchester UnitedMan Utd38186145758-160
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham381410146074-1452
10Crystal Palace381310155758-149
11Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton381212145562-748
12Bournemouth38139165467-1348
13Fulham38138175561-647
14Wolverhampton WanderersWolves38137185065-1546
15Everton38139164051-1140
16Brentford38109195665-939
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3899204967-1832
RLuton TownLuton3868245285-3326
RBurnley3859244178-3724
RSheffield UnitedSheff Utd38372835104-6916


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!