MX23RW : Sunday, May 26 18:20:04| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Reading logo
League One | Gameweek 32
Feb 10, 2024 at 3pm UK
Select Car Leasing Stadium
Charlton Athletic

Reading
2 - 0
Charlton

Azeez (66', 76')
Savage (86')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Edun (64')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Reading and Charlton Athletic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Stevenage 0-1 Reading
Tuesday, February 6 at 7.45pm in League One
Last Game: Charlton 0-1 Derby
Saturday, February 3 at 3pm in League One

We said: Reading 1-1 Charlton Athletic

Charlton will be desperate to claim all three points in Jones's first game in charge, but we think that they may have to settle for a share of the spoils when they face a Reading side that has avoided defeat in each of their last five home league matches. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Reading win with a probability of 41.03%. A win for Charlton Athletic had a probability of 34.87% and a draw had a probability of 24.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Reading win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.77%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.66%) and 2-0 (6.07%). The likeliest Charlton Athletic win was 1-2 (7.99%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.06%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 6.1% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Reading would win this match.

Result
ReadingDrawCharlton Athletic
41.03% (0.0090000000000003 0.01) 24.1%34.87% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Both teams to score 60.76% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.35% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)41.65% (0.0020000000000024 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
35.95%64.05%
Reading Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.51% (0.0039999999999907 0)20.49% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
47.03% (0.0049999999999955 0)52.97% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Charlton Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.41% (-0.0050000000000097 -0.01)23.59% (0.0070000000000014 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.35% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)57.65% (0.007000000000005 0.01)
Score Analysis
    Reading 41.03%
    Charlton Athletic 34.87%
    Draw 24.09%
ReadingDrawCharlton Athletic
2-1 @ 8.77% (0.00099999999999945 0)
1-0 @ 7.66% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-0 @ 6.07% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-1 @ 4.64% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-2 @ 3.35%
3-0 @ 3.21% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-1 @ 1.84%
4-2 @ 1.33%
4-0 @ 1.27% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 2.9%
Total : 41.03%
1-1 @ 11.06%
2-2 @ 6.34%
0-0 @ 4.83%
3-3 @ 1.61%
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 24.09%
1-2 @ 7.99% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-1 @ 6.98% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-2 @ 5.04% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-3 @ 3.85% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
2-3 @ 3.05%
0-3 @ 2.43% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
1-4 @ 1.39% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
2-4 @ 1.1%
Other @ 3.04%
Total : 34.87%

How you voted: Reading vs Charlton

Reading
37.5%
Draw
12.5%
Charlton Athletic
50.0%
16
Head to Head
Dec 6, 2023 7pm
Second Round
Reading
1-1
Charlton
Reading win 4-2 on penalties
Savage (81')
Carson (46')
May (42')
Oct 21, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 14
Charlton
4-0
Reading
Aneke (54'), Campbell (68'), May (74'), Leaburn (90+4')
Jul 24, 2021 2pm
Pre-season Friendlies
Reading
1-1
Charlton
Ejaria (38')
Ghandour (80')
Jul 11, 2020 12.30pm
Aug 31, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 6
Reading
0-2
Charlton

Pele (25')
Leko (51'), Taylor (80' pen.)
Field (10'), Pratley (77'), Gallagher (84')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!