MX23RW : Tuesday, May 28 00:53:05| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Cheltenham Town
League One | Gameweek 34
Feb 17, 2024 at 3pm UK
Jonny-Rocks Stadium
Port Vale

Cheltenham
3 - 2
Port Vale

Taylor (45+2'), Shepherd (69'), Ferry (73')
Pett (79')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Smith (25'), Davies (65' og.)
Ripley (45+7'), Ojo (52'), Loft (63')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Cheltenham Town and Port Vale, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Cheltenham 2-0 Blackpool
Tuesday, February 13 at 7.45pm in League One
Last Game: Port Vale 2-2 Stevenage
Saturday, February 10 at 3pm in League One

We said: Cheltenham Town 1-1 Port Vale

Moore will be keen to begin his tenure with a victory over a relegation rival, but the visitors may have to settle for a point against a Cheltenham side that have lost just one of their last five home matches. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Cheltenham Town win with a probability of 37.14%. A win for Port Vale has a probability of 36.05% and a draw has a probability of 26.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Cheltenham Town win is 1-0 with a probability of 10.16%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 2-1 (8.14%) and 2-0 (6.49%). The likeliest Port Vale win is 0-1 (9.98%), while for a drawn scoreline it is 1-1 (12.74%).

Result
Cheltenham TownDrawPort Vale
37.14% (0.55 0.55) 26.81% (-0.079000000000001 -0.08) 36.05% (-0.47 -0.47)
Both teams to score 51.52% (0.247 0.25)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
46.4% (0.317 0.32)53.6% (-0.313 -0.31)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
24.89% (0.266 0.27)75.11% (-0.26400000000001 -0.26)
Cheltenham Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.1% (0.47800000000001 0.48)27.9% (-0.475 -0.48)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.49% (0.604 0.6)63.51% (-0.602 -0.6)
Port Vale Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.46% (-0.13 -0.13)28.54% (0.132 0.13)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.67% (-0.164 -0.16)64.33% (0.166 0.17)
Score Analysis
    Cheltenham Town 37.13%
    Port Vale 36.05%
    Draw 26.81%
Cheltenham TownDrawPort Vale
1-0 @ 10.16% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-1 @ 8.14% (0.087 0.09)
2-0 @ 6.49% (0.093 0.09)
3-1 @ 3.46% (0.082 0.08)
3-0 @ 2.76% (0.075 0.08)
3-2 @ 2.17% (0.043 0.04)
4-1 @ 1.11% (0.041 0.04)
Other @ 2.85%
Total : 37.13%
1-1 @ 12.74% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
0-0 @ 7.96% (-0.098 -0.1)
2-2 @ 5.1% (0.036 0.04)
3-3 @ 0.91% (0.015 0.02)
Other @ 0.1%
Total : 26.81%
0-1 @ 9.98% (-0.157 -0.16)
1-2 @ 7.99% (-0.049999999999999 -0.05)
0-2 @ 6.26% (-0.125 -0.13)
1-3 @ 3.34% (-0.034 -0.03)
0-3 @ 2.62% (-0.062 -0.06)
2-3 @ 2.13% (0.0069999999999997 0.01)
1-4 @ 1.05% (-0.014 -0.01)
Other @ 2.69%
Total : 36.05%

How you voted: Cheltenham vs Port Vale

Cheltenham Town
40.0%
Draw
30.0%
Port Vale
30.0%
10
Head to Head
Oct 28, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 16
Port Vale
1-2
Cheltenham
Devine (32')
Debrah (66'), Thomas (90+1')
Long (42', 66')
Ferry (31'), Clarke (32'), Davies (34'), Williams (45+4'), Goodwin (59')
Jan 28, 2023 3pm
Sep 3, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 7
Port Vale
2-2
Cheltenham
Odubeko (37'), Perry (40' og.)
N'Lundulu (24'), Brown (90+2')
Mar 6, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 34
Cheltenham
3-2
Port Vale
May (14'), Brown (18' og.), Sercombe (75')
Swan (83'), Hurst (85')
Guthrie (65'), Crookes (74')
Oct 27, 2020 7pm
Gameweek 9
Port Vale
2-1
Cheltenham
Legge (52'), Worrall (68')
Williams (48')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!