MX23RW : Friday, April 19 21:47:49| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Bolton logo
League One | Gameweek 28
Jan 23, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
University of Bolton Stadium
Cheltenham Town

Bolton
1 - 0
Cheltenham

Adeboyejo (24')
Thomason (90+6')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Bradbury (45'), Clarke (46'), Harrop (87')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Bolton Wanderers and Cheltenham Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Cheltenham 2-1 Portsmouth
Saturday, January 6 at 3pm in League One

We said: Bolton Wanderers 2-1 Cheltenham Town

Saturday's test will certainly not be an easy one for Bolton, with Cheltenham Town looking a completely new side and marching towards safety under Clarke, but the hosts do still boast far more quality throughout their squad and should have what it takes to get over the line on home turf and make it five straight three-point hauls in League One. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Bolton Wanderers win with a probability of 64.95%. A draw had a probability of 19.6% and a win for Cheltenham Town had a probability of 15.46%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bolton Wanderers win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.46%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.89%) and 1-0 (9.73%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.2%), while for a Cheltenham Town win it was 1-2 (4.35%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 9.7% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Bolton Wanderers would win this match.

Result
Bolton WanderersDrawCheltenham Town
64.95% (-0.012999999999991 -0.01) 19.59% (0.013999999999999 0.01) 15.46% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
Both teams to score 54.02% (-0.050000000000004 -0.05)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
59.79% (-0.067 -0.07)40.2% (0.065000000000005 0.07)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.42% (-0.068999999999996 -0.07)62.57% (0.067999999999998 0.07)
Bolton Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.36% (-0.02300000000001 -0.02)11.64% (0.020999999999999 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
63.33% (-0.048000000000002 -0.05)36.67% (0.047000000000004 0.05)
Cheltenham Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.14% (-0.042000000000002 -0.04)38.86% (0.041000000000004 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.4% (-0.042000000000002 -0.04)75.59% (0.039000000000001 0.04)
Score Analysis
    Bolton Wanderers 64.95%
    Cheltenham Town 15.46%
    Draw 19.59%
Bolton WanderersDrawCheltenham Town
2-0 @ 10.46% (0.020000000000001 0.02)
2-1 @ 9.89% (0.00099999999999945 0)
1-0 @ 9.73% (0.02 0.02)
3-0 @ 7.5% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-1 @ 7.09% (-0.0059999999999993 -0.01)
4-0 @ 4.03% (-0.0029999999999992 -0)
4-1 @ 3.81% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
3-2 @ 3.35% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
4-2 @ 1.8% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
5-0 @ 1.74% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
5-1 @ 1.64% (-0.004 -0)
Other @ 3.91%
Total : 64.95%
1-1 @ 9.2% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
2-2 @ 4.67% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
0-0 @ 4.52% (0.013999999999999 0.01)
3-3 @ 1.06% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
Other @ 0.15%
Total : 19.59%
1-2 @ 4.35% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-1 @ 4.28% (0.008 0.01)
0-2 @ 2.02% (0.00099999999999989 0)
2-3 @ 1.47% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
1-3 @ 1.37% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 1.98%
Total : 15.46%

How you voted: Bolton vs Cheltenham

Bolton Wanderers
85.1%
Draw
6.4%
Cheltenham Town
8.5%
47
Head to Head
Aug 12, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 2
Cheltenham
0-3
Bolton

Davies (29'), Smith (39')
Charles (15', 33'), Smith (30' og.)
Ross Evatt (30'), Adeboyejo (57')
Feb 4, 2023 3pm
Oct 4, 2022 7.45pm
Apr 23, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 45
Cheltenham
1-2
Bolton
Ramsey (89')
Lloyd (52'), Bonds (72')
Sadlier (57'), Bakayoko (76' pen.)
Nov 27, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 20
Bolton
2-2
Cheltenham
Amaechi (26'), Kachunga (58')
Thomason (30')
May (14', 45+4')
Crowley (45+3')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth442713475393694
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton442411981483383
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough432481184562880
5Barnsley4421121179601975
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4521111377552274
7Lincoln CityLincoln4419141163372671
8Blackpool4420101460431770
9Stevenage4518141355451068
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Wycombe WanderersWycombe431513155553258
13Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
14Bristol Rovers44169195264-1257
15Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury44138233363-3047
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge431210213859-2146
20Burton Albion441110233662-2643
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham43118243761-2441
22Port Vale441010244172-3140
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood44813234572-2737
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!