MX23RW : Sunday, April 14 08:37:18| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Lincoln City
League One | Gameweek 27
Feb 27, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
LNER Stadium
Shrewsbury Town

Lincoln
3 - 0
Shrewsbury

Bishop (6'), Hackett (58'), Sorensen (67')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Bowman (23'), Bennett (42')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's League One clash between Lincoln City and Shrewsbury Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Port Vale 0-2 Lincoln
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Reading 2-3 Shrewsbury
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in League One

We said: Lincoln City 2-1 Shrewsbury Town

Lincoln have enjoyed a resurgence in recent weeks and will be confident of edging close to the playoff picture with a third-straight victory on Tuesday night. Shrewsbury had to hold on in the second period for a vital three points at Reading, but we feel that the Shrews will be unable to repeat the trick at LNER Stadium. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Lincoln City win with a probability of 46.41%. A draw had a probability of 28.5% and a win for Shrewsbury Town had a probability of 25.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Lincoln City win was 1-0 with a probability of 14.8%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.61%) and 2-1 (8.39%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.92%), while for a Shrewsbury Town win it was 0-1 (9.96%). The actual scoreline of 3-0 was predicted with a 4.2% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Lincoln City would win this match.

Result
Lincoln CityDrawShrewsbury Town
46.41% (-0.788 -0.79) 28.49% (-0.035 -0.04) 25.1% (0.824 0.82)
Both teams to score 42.32% (0.738 0.74)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
36.94% (0.585 0.59)63.06% (-0.584 -0.58)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
17.49% (0.421 0.42)82.51% (-0.42100000000001 -0.42)
Lincoln City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.68% (-0.122 -0.12)27.32% (0.122 0.12)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.23% (-0.158 -0.16)62.77% (0.158 0.16)
Shrewsbury Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
58.23% (1.113 1.11)41.77% (-1.112 -1.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
21.77% (0.957 0.96)78.23% (-0.95699999999999 -0.96)
Score Analysis
    Lincoln City 46.4%
    Shrewsbury Town 25.1%
    Draw 28.49%
Lincoln CityDrawShrewsbury Town
1-0 @ 14.8% (-0.38 -0.38)
2-0 @ 9.61% (-0.28 -0.28)
2-1 @ 8.39% (0.014999999999999 0.01)
3-0 @ 4.16% (-0.136 -0.14)
3-1 @ 3.63% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
3-2 @ 1.58% (0.045 0.04)
4-0 @ 1.35% (-0.049 -0.05)
4-1 @ 1.18% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 1.72%
Total : 46.4%
1-1 @ 12.92% (0.07 0.07)
0-0 @ 11.41% (-0.25 -0.25)
2-2 @ 3.66% (0.117 0.12)
Other @ 0.5%
Total : 28.49%
0-1 @ 9.96% (0.087 0.09)
1-2 @ 5.64% (0.199 0.2)
0-2 @ 4.35% (0.168 0.17)
1-3 @ 1.64% (0.105 0.11)
0-3 @ 1.27% (0.085 0.09)
2-3 @ 1.07% (0.065 0.07)
Other @ 1.17%
Total : 25.1%

How you voted: Lincoln vs Shrewsbury

Lincoln City
66.7%
Draw
20.0%
Shrewsbury Town
13.3%
30
Head to Head
Aug 19, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 4
Shrewsbury
0-1
Lincoln

Shipley (19'), Anderson (78')
Hamilton (79')
O'Connor (31'), Roughan (40'), Sorensen (49'), Jensen (88')
May 7, 2023 12pm
Dec 3, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 20
Shrewsbury
2-0
Lincoln
Leahy (45' pen.), Bayliss (60')
Mar 26, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 40
Shrewsbury
1-0
Lincoln
Udoh (84')
Leahy (22'), Bennett (51'), Vela (62')
Oct 30, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 16
Lincoln
1-1
Shrewsbury
McGrandles (43')
Fiorini (13'), Poole (89')
Leahy (50')
Udoh (30'), Whalley (80')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
2pm
Ruud
Tsitsipas
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth432613472373591
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton432410979463382
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough422381180552577
5Barnsley4321121077572075
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4321101276532373
7Blackpool4420101460431770
8Lincoln CityLincoln4318141162372568
9Stevenage4418131354441067
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
13Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
14Wycombe WanderersWycombe421413155352155
15Bristol Rovers43159195164-1354
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge421210203858-2046
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury43137233161-3046
20Burton Albion431110223560-2543
21Port Vale431010234070-3040
22Cheltenham TownCheltenham42108243560-2538
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood43813224468-2437
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!