MX23RW : Friday, May 24 19:22:12| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Peterborough United
League One | Gameweek 31
Feb 3, 2024 at 3pm UK
Weston Homes Stadium
Wigan logo

Peterborough
2 - 3
Wigan

Knight (90+1'), Jade-Jones (90+4')
Kyprianou (54'), Ajiboye (78')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Aasgaard (20', 85'), Magennis (52')
Hughes (24'), Jones (28'), Magennis (28'), Clare (57'), Smith (66'), Aasgaard (71')
Smith (76')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Peterborough United and Wigan Athletic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: Peterborough United 2-1 Wigan Athletic

While Wigan will be looking to return to winning ways, they are in for a tough 90 minutes against a spirited Peterborough side. Posh have won their last three home games and we fancy them to come out on top this weekend. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Peterborough United win with a probability of 55.55%. A win for Wigan Athletic had a probability of 22.54% and a draw had a probability of 21.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Peterborough United win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.82%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.61%) and 2-0 (8.4%). The likeliest Wigan Athletic win was 1-2 (5.89%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.06%). The actual scoreline of 2-3 was predicted with a 2.2% likelihood.

Result
Peterborough UnitedDrawWigan Athletic
55.55% (-0.74 -0.74) 21.91% (0.096 0.1) 22.54% (0.645 0.65)
Both teams to score 59.15% (0.584 0.58)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
60.34% (0.356 0.36)39.66% (-0.355 -0.36)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.98% (0.368 0.37)62.01% (-0.368 -0.37)
Peterborough United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.79% (-0.114 -0.11)14.21% (0.114 0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
58.07% (-0.22 -0.22)41.93% (0.221 0.22)
Wigan Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.95% (0.771 0.77)31.05% (-0.771 -0.77)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.63% (0.892 0.89)67.37% (-0.89 -0.89)
Score Analysis
    Peterborough United 55.55%
    Wigan Athletic 22.54%
    Draw 21.9%
Peterborough UnitedDrawWigan Athletic
2-1 @ 9.82% (-0.034000000000001 -0.03)
1-0 @ 8.61% (-0.179 -0.18)
2-0 @ 8.4% (-0.21 -0.21)
3-1 @ 6.39% (-0.049 -0.05)
3-0 @ 5.46% (-0.159 -0.16)
3-2 @ 3.74% (0.05 0.05)
4-1 @ 3.12% (-0.036 -0.04)
4-0 @ 2.67% (-0.089 -0.09)
4-2 @ 1.82% (0.017 0.02)
5-1 @ 1.22% (-0.019 -0.02)
5-0 @ 1.04% (-0.039 -0.04)
Other @ 3.26%
Total : 55.55%
1-1 @ 10.06%
2-2 @ 5.75% (0.101 0.1)
0-0 @ 4.41% (-0.073 -0.07)
3-3 @ 1.46% (0.05 0.05)
Other @ 0.23%
Total : 21.9%
1-2 @ 5.89% (0.127 0.13)
0-1 @ 5.16% (0.024 0.02)
0-2 @ 3.02% (0.077 0.08)
1-3 @ 2.3% (0.096 0.1)
2-3 @ 2.24% (0.086 0.09)
0-3 @ 1.18% (0.054 0.05)
Other @ 2.77%
Total : 22.54%

How you voted: Peterborough vs Wigan

Peterborough United
50.0%
Draw
0.0%
Wigan Athletic
50.0%
10
Head to Head
Nov 7, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 13
Wigan
2-1
Peterborough
Godo (7'), McManaman (82')
Lang (49'), Godo (67'), Sessegnon (69')
Poku (54')
Kyprianou (15'), Katongo (69')
Feb 27, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 32
Peterborough
2-1
Wigan
Clarke-Harris (83', 85' pen.)
Beevers (12'), Clarke-Harris (85'), Dembele (90+1')
Aasgaard (72')
Robinson (49')
Oct 20, 2020 7pm
Jan 13, 2018 3pm
Sep 23, 2017 3pm
Peterborough
3-2
Wigan
Morias (47', 84'), Marriott (90')
Edwards (5')
Jacobs (33'), Colclough (87')
Burn (49'), Evans (81')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!