Vinicius Junior has said that he is "happy" at Real Madrid and is hopeful that club president Florentino Perez will allow him to remain at Bernabeu "for a long time".
The Brazil international missed out against Atletico Madrid in La Liga last weekend due to a neck problem, but he was back in the side for Saturday's top-of-the-table clash with Girona.
Vinicius put in a star performance against Girona, scoring once and providing two assists, and he now has 12 goals and seven assists in 21 appearances for Los Blancos during the 2023-24 campaign.
The 23-year-old only signed a new deal with Real Madrid last October, but there has recently been speculation surrounding his future amid the Kylian Mbappe saga.
However, Vinicius has expressed a desire to stay at Bernabeu for long as possible, telling reporters after the clash with Girona: "I am always happy to play here, to wear this shirt. I hope the president keeps me here for a long time.
"One of the best [performances of the season], for sure. We did everything the coach asked us to do. Pressing when we had to and lowering the line when we had to. That's the difference: when the team wants to, it's very difficult to beat us.
"They've been doing very well, playing spectacularly... and we knew we had to start concentrated. That's how we did it. Playing at home is always special and when the fans are with us, it's hard for the others.
"Normally I don't hit it from outside the box, but today I felt confident and it came out well. Let's rest, there's more to come on Tuesday."
Meanwhile, Real Madrid head coach Carlo Ancelotti said that Vinicius is "the best in the world" when he puts in performances of the standard he showed against Girona.
"He put in a top performance. He's absolutely superb at this level. He's the best in the world when he plays like that," the manager added in his post-match press conference.
Vinicius made the move to Real Madrid from Flamengo in 2018, and he has represented the club on 245 occasions, scoring 70 goals and registering 69 assists in the process.
Last month, it was claimed that Man United would have to come up with an offer of at least €250m (£215m) to convince Real Madrid to part with the Brazilian forward.No Data Analysis info