MX23RW : Thursday, June 20 16:36:55| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arouca
Benfica
Boavista
Braga
Casa Pia
Chaves
Estoril
Estrela Amadora
Famalicao logo
Gil Vicente logo
Moreirense
Portimonense
Porto
Rio Ave
Farense logo
Sporting Lisbon
Vitoria de Guimaraes
Vizela
Braga
Primeira Liga | Gameweek 34
May 18, 2024 at 8.30pm UK
Estadio Municipal de Braga
Porto

Braga
0 - 1
Porto


Gomez (8'), Oliveira (13'), Borja (79')
Gomez (12')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Galeno (84')
Conceicao (31')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Primeira Liga clash between Braga and Porto, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Guimaraes 2-3 Braga
Saturday, May 11 at 8.30pm in Primeira Liga
Last Game: Porto 2-1 Boavista
Sunday, May 12 at 8.30pm in Primeira Liga

We said: Braga 2-2 Porto

In what is a season-defining fixture, we expect Braga and Porto to go all out in search of the win as they look to secure a top-three finish. However, we predict that both sides will cancel each other's efforts in a high-scoring stalemate. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Porto win with a probability of 38.64%. A win for Braga had a probability of 36.45% and a draw had a probability of 24.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Porto win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.52%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (8.27%) and 0-2 (6.04%). The likeliest Braga win was 2-1 (8.23%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.66%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with an 8.3% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Porto would win this match.

Result
BragaDrawPorto
36.45% (-0.358 -0.36) 24.91% (0.171 0.17) 38.64% (0.187 0.19)
Both teams to score 58.06% (-0.646 -0.65)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.74% (-0.823 -0.82)45.26% (0.82400000000001 0.82)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.4% (-0.796 -0.8)67.6% (0.795 0.8)
Braga Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.62% (-0.57199999999999 -0.57)24.38% (0.572 0.57)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.21% (-0.814 -0.81)58.79% (0.814 0.81)
Porto Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.78% (-0.271 -0.27)23.22% (0.271 0.27)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.88% (-0.399 -0.4)57.12% (0.398 0.4)
Score Analysis
    Braga 36.45%
    Porto 38.64%
    Draw 24.9%
BragaDrawPorto
2-1 @ 8.23% (-0.048 -0.05)
1-0 @ 7.99% (0.149 0.15)
2-0 @ 5.64% (0.012 0.01)
3-1 @ 3.87% (-0.088 -0.09)
3-2 @ 2.83% (-0.088 -0.09)
3-0 @ 2.65% (-0.039 -0.04)
4-1 @ 1.37% (-0.054 -0.05)
4-2 @ 1% (-0.048 -0.05)
4-0 @ 0.94% (-0.03 -0.03)
Other @ 1.93%
Total : 36.45%
1-1 @ 11.66% (0.12 0.12)
2-2 @ 6.01% (-0.084 -0.08)
0-0 @ 5.66% (0.198 0.2)
3-3 @ 1.38% (-0.055 -0.06)
Other @ 0.19%
Total : 24.9%
1-2 @ 8.52% (0.024000000000001 0.02)
0-1 @ 8.27% (0.224 0.22)
0-2 @ 6.04% (0.116 0.12)
1-3 @ 4.15% (-0.022 -0.02)
0-3 @ 2.94% (0.034 0.03)
2-3 @ 2.93% (-0.065 -0.07)
1-4 @ 1.51% (-0.02 -0.02)
0-4 @ 1.07% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-4 @ 1.07% (-0.033 -0.03)
Other @ 2.16%
Total : 38.64%

How you voted: Braga vs Porto

Braga
31.8%
Draw
27.3%
Porto
40.9%
44
Head to Head
Jan 14, 2024 8.30pm
Gameweek 17
Porto
2-0
Braga
Cardoso (12'), Evanilson (49' pen.)
Pepe (25'), Gonzalez (62'), Conceicao (66'), Conceicao (66')

Horta (26'), Carvalho (45+2'), Oliveira (79'), Djalo (82'), Fonte (90+1')
Jun 4, 2023 5.15pm
Final
Braga
0-2
Porto

Horta (29'), Borja (35'), Gomez (66'), Bruma (85')
Niakate (79')
Horta (53' og.), Otavio (81')
Otavio (25'), Galeno (60'), Conceicao (66'), Uribe (72'), Taremi (76'), Pepe (85')
Wendell (62')
Mar 19, 2023 6pm
Gameweek 25
Braga
0-0
Porto
Sep 30, 2022 9.15pm
Gameweek 8
Porto
4-1
Braga
Evanilson (32'), Eustaquio (34'), Pepe (63'), Galeno (90+6')
Pepe (55' og.)
Apr 25, 2022 6pm
Gameweek 31
Braga
1-0
Porto
Horta (54')
Oliveira (33'), Silva (90+2')

Pepe (76'), Galeno (90+2')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Thursday, June 20
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England11003
2 Slovenia Slovenia20202
3 Denmark Denmark10101
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands11003
2 France France11003
3 Poland Poland10010
4 Austria Austria10010

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Slovakia Slovakia11003
3 Belgium Belgium10010
4 Ukraine Ukraine10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!