MX23RW : Saturday, July 20 14:49:52| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arouca
Benfica
Boavista
Braga
Casa Pia
Estoril
Estrela Amadora
Famalicao logo
Gil Vicente logo
Moreirense
Nacional
Porto
Rio Ave
Farense logo
Santa Clara
Sporting Lisbon
Vitoria de Guimaraes
Chaves
Primeira Liga | Gameweek 21
Feb 20, 2023 at 7pm UK
Estádio Municipal Eng. Manuel Branco Teixeira
Sporting Lisbon

Chaves
2 - 3
Sporting Lisbon

Teixeira (34'), Hernandez (90+6')
Cruz (51'), Sylla (90+1')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Goncalves (8' pen., 61'), Santos (70')
Goncalves (20'), Ugarte (68'), Bellerin (86')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Monday's Primeira Liga clash between Chaves and Sporting Lisbon, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Vizela 0-0 Chaves
Friday, February 10 at 8.15pm in Primeira Liga

We said: Chaves 0-2 Sporting Lisbon

Sporting Lisbon have put together a fine run of form away from home, claiming four wins and one draw in their last six matches. Given the gulf in quality and experience between the two sides, we are backing the Leoes to claim all three points. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Sporting Lisbon win with a probability of 62.85%. A draw had a probability of 21.4% and a win for Chaves had a probability of 15.75%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sporting Lisbon win was 0-1 with a probability of 12.07%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-2 (11.63%) and 1-2 (9.81%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.17%), while for a Chaves win it was 1-0 (5.28%). The actual scoreline of 2-3 was predicted with a 2.7% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Sporting Lisbon would win this match.

Result
ChavesDrawSporting Lisbon
15.75% (0.696 0.7) 21.4% (0.619 0.62) 62.85% (-1.316 -1.32)
Both teams to score 48.68% (-0.325 -0.32)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52.35% (-1.291 -1.29)47.65% (1.288 1.29)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
30.15% (-1.203 -1.2)69.85% (1.201 1.2)
Chaves Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
56.97% (0.162 0.16)43.03% (-0.165 -0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
20.68% (0.136 0.14)79.32% (-0.139 -0.14)
Sporting Lisbon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.45% (-0.821 -0.82)14.55% (0.818 0.82)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
57.4% (-1.601 -1.6)42.6% (1.598 1.6)
Score Analysis
    Chaves 15.75%
    Sporting Lisbon 62.84%
    Draw 21.4%
ChavesDrawSporting Lisbon
1-0 @ 5.28% (0.301 0.3)
2-1 @ 4.29% (0.141 0.14)
2-0 @ 2.23% (0.136 0.14)
3-1 @ 1.21% (0.045 0.04)
3-2 @ 1.16% (0.01 0.01)
Other @ 1.58%
Total : 15.75%
1-1 @ 10.17% (0.283 0.28)
0-0 @ 6.26% (0.33 0.33)
2-2 @ 4.14% (0.016 0.02)
Other @ 0.83%
Total : 21.4%
0-1 @ 12.07% (0.3 0.3)
0-2 @ 11.63% (-0.059999999999999 -0.06)
1-2 @ 9.81% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
0-3 @ 7.47% (-0.264 -0.26)
1-3 @ 6.3% (-0.193 -0.19)
0-4 @ 3.6% (-0.239 -0.24)
1-4 @ 3.04% (-0.187 -0.19)
2-3 @ 2.66% (-0.069 -0.07)
0-5 @ 1.39% (-0.137 -0.14)
2-4 @ 1.28% (-0.073 -0.07)
1-5 @ 1.17% (-0.11 -0.11)
Other @ 2.43%
Total : 62.84%

How you voted: Chaves vs Sporting Lisbon

Chaves
14.5%
Draw
16.9%
Sporting Lisbon
68.7%
83
Head to Head
Aug 27, 2022 8.30pm
Sporting Lisbon
0-2
Chaves

Edwards (36'), Ugarte (45+3'), Goncalves (66'), Morita (73'), Coates (90+4')
Vitoria (60'), Juninho (63')
Pina (67'), Euller (82')
Fernandes (90+4')
Mar 30, 2019 6pm
Chaves
1-3
Sporting Lisbon
Luis (60')
Jefferson (34'), Luis (40'), Niltinho (99'), Martins (99')
Jefferson (52')
Phellype (23', 101'), Fernandes (80')
Gudelj (37'), Gaspar (99')
Ristovski (87')
Nov 11, 2018 8pm
Sporting Lisbon
2-1
Chaves
Dost (23', 86' pen.)
Gudelj (45')
Niltinho (81')
William (83'), Paulinho (94')
Gallo (71')
Mar 12, 2018 7pm
Chaves
1-2
Sporting Lisbon
Platiny (91' pen.)
Dost (62', 86')
Ruiz (92')
Oct 22, 2017 8.15pm
Sporting Lisbon
5-1
Chaves
Dost (5', 15', 74'), Acuna (39', 58')
Martins (30')
Davidson (90')
Tiba (88')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1AroucaArouca00000000
2AVS00000000
3Benfica00000000
4BoavistaBoavista00000000
5Casa Pia00000000
6Estoril PraiaEstoril00000000
7Estrela Amadora00000000
8FamalicaoFamalicao00000000
9SC FarenseFarense00000000
10Gil Vicente00000000
11MoreirenseMoreirense00000000
12Nacional00000000
13Porto00000000
14Rio AveRio Ave00000000
15Santa ClaraSanta Clara00000000
16Braga00000000
17Sporting Lisbon00000000
18Vitoria de GuimaraesGuimaraes00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!