MX23RW : Tuesday, May 28 01:39:07| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Celtic logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 28
Feb 28, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Celtic Park
Dundee logo

Celtic
7 - 1
Dundee

Carter-Vickers (7'), Idah (18'), O'Riley (22'), Maeda (30'), Taylor (36'), McGregor (45+7'), Kelly (63')
Idah (38'), Maeda (48')
FT(HT: 6-0)
Mellon (84')
Beck (6'), Robertson (45+5')
Robertson (76')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Scottish Premiership clash between Celtic and Dundee, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Motherwell 1-3 Celtic
Sunday, February 25 at 12pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Hibernian 2-1 Dundee
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Celtic 2-0 Dundee

The short turnaround for Celtic and emotions that came from the last game can, in theory, only benefit Dundee heading into this contest. Nevertheless, Rodgers has the ability to rotate his squad should he so wish, and we expect a professional performance and win for the home side. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Celtic win with a probability of 83.17%. A draw had a probability of 11.1% and a win for Dundee had a probability of 5.73%.

The most likely scoreline for a Celtic win was 3-0 with a probability of 11.11%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (11.1%) and 4-0 (8.35%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (5.18%), while for a Dundee win it was 1-2 (1.82%). The actual scoreline of 7-1 was predicted with a 0.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Celtic would win this match.

Result
CelticDrawDundee
83.17% (-0.010000000000005 -0.01) 11.1% (0.0070000000000014 0.01) 5.73% (0.0019999999999998 0)
Both teams to score 47.89% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
71.54% (-0.010999999999996 -0.01)28.46% (0.010999999999999 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
50.69% (-0.012 -0.01)49.31% (0.012 0.01)
Celtic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
95.04% (-0.0039999999999907 -0)4.96% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
80.15% (-0.010999999999996 -0.01)19.85% (0.009999999999998 0.01)
Dundee Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
50.38% (0.0050000000000026 0.01)49.61% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
15.61% (0.0019999999999989 0)84.39% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)
Score Analysis
    Celtic 83.17%
    Dundee 5.73%
    Draw 11.1%
CelticDrawDundee
3-0 @ 11.11%
2-0 @ 11.1% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
4-0 @ 8.35% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-1 @ 7.79%
2-1 @ 7.78% (0.0020000000000007 0)
1-0 @ 7.39% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-1 @ 5.85% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
5-0 @ 5.02% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
5-1 @ 3.52% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-2 @ 2.73%
6-0 @ 2.51% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
4-2 @ 2.05%
6-1 @ 1.76% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
5-2 @ 1.23%
7-0 @ 1.08% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 3.9%
Total : 83.17%
1-1 @ 5.18% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-2 @ 2.73% (0.0019999999999998 0)
0-0 @ 2.46% (0.0019999999999998 0)
Other @ 0.73%
Total : 11.1%
1-2 @ 1.82% (0.00099999999999989 0)
0-1 @ 1.72% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.19%
Total : 5.73%

How you voted: Celtic vs Dundee

Celtic
85.2%
Draw
11.1%
Dundee
3.7%
54
Head to Head
Dec 26, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 20
Dundee
0-3
Celtic

Beck (86')
Bernardo (52'), Johnston (83', 90+1')
Scales (13')
Sep 16, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 5
Celtic
3-0
Dundee
Turnbull (51' pen.), Furuhashi (63'), O'Riley (67')
Feb 20, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 27
Celtic
3-2
Dundee
Giakoumakis (34', 38', 86')
Giakoumakis (87')
Mullen (26'), Sweeney (60')
Kerr (83')
Nov 7, 2021 12pm
Gameweek 13
Dundee
2-4
Celtic
Mullen (23'), Ashcroft (67')
Sweeney (23'), Adam (29'), Anderson (43'), McGowan (72'), Ashcroft (78')
Jota (8', 47'), Furuhashi (19', 50')
Juranovic (23'), Turnbull (90')
Aug 8, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 2
Celtic
6-0
Dundee
Furuhashi (20', 25', 67'), Rogic (49'), Ralston (84'), Edouard (90' pen.)

Ashcroft (28'), Marshall (38')
Marshall (89')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
Championship Group
CCeltic550095306593
2RangersRangers531187325585
3Hearts513154421268
4Kilmarnock51224644256
5St Mirren51134652-647
6Dundee50144968-1942
Relegation Group
1Aberdeen54104852-448
2Hibernian52125259-746
3Motherwell52035659-343
4St Johnstone51132954-2535
5Ross County51223867-2935
RLivingston52122970-4125
 
First Phase
CCeltic33246380265478
2RangersRangers33243672234975
3Hearts33195946341262
4Kilmarnock33131284334951
5St Mirren33127143843-543
6Dundee331011124454-1041
7Hibernian33912124451-739
8Motherwell33813124651-537
9Aberdeen33811143549-1435
10St Johnstone33710162446-2231
11Ross County3379173256-2430
RLivingston3339212259-3718


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!