MX23RW : Tuesday, May 28 01:36:18| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Dundee logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 22
Feb 11, 2024 at 2pm UK
Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park
St Johnstone logo

Dundee
2 - 1
St Johnstone

McCowan (75' pen.), McGhee (89')
McGhee (17'), Costelloe (48'), Bakayoko (69'), Mellon (83')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Smith (9')
Gordon (74'), Mitov (75'), Kucheriavyi (88')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Scottish Premiership clash between Dundee and St Johnstone, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: St Mirren 2-0 Dundee
Wednesday, February 7 at 8.15pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: St Johnstone 0-1 Hearts
Wednesday, February 7 at 7.45pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Dundee 2-1 St Johnstone

Dundee will be desperate to put things right following a poor result at St Mirren, and the Dark Blues have the attacking quality in their armoury to do just that. Despite winning on the road last weekend, St Johnstone struggle massively on their travels, and we are expecting a tough afternoon for the Saints at Dens Park. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Dundee win with a probability of 41.05%. A win for St Johnstone had a probability of 32.64% and a draw had a probability of 26.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Dundee win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.37%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.67%) and 2-0 (7.19%). The likeliest St Johnstone win was 0-1 (9.03%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.51%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with an 8.7% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Dundee in this match and our data analysis correctly predicted the win for Dundee.

Result
DundeeDrawSt Johnstone
41.05% (0.044000000000004 0.04) 26.31% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01) 32.64% (-0.045000000000002 -0.05)
Both teams to score 52.54% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
47.96% (-0.0020000000000024 -0)52.04% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.23% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)73.77% (-0.0050000000000097 -0.01)
Dundee Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.98% (0.019000000000005 0.02)25.01% (-0.026 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.32% (0.030999999999999 0.03)59.68% (-0.037000000000006 -0.04)
St Johnstone Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.07% (-0.031000000000006 -0.03)29.93% (0.024999999999999 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.96% (-0.035999999999994 -0.04)66.03% (0.031000000000006 0.03)
Score Analysis
    Dundee 41.04%
    St Johnstone 32.64%
    Draw 26.31%
DundeeDrawSt Johnstone
1-0 @ 10.37% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-1 @ 8.67% (0.004999999999999 0)
2-0 @ 7.19% (0.0089999999999995 0.01)
3-1 @ 4.01% (0.0049999999999999 0)
3-0 @ 3.32% (0.0059999999999998 0.01)
3-2 @ 2.42% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-1 @ 1.39% (0.0029999999999999 0)
4-0 @ 1.15% (0.0029999999999999 0)
Other @ 2.54%
Total : 41.04%
1-1 @ 12.51%
0-0 @ 7.49% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
2-2 @ 5.23% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
3-3 @ 0.97% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 0.11%
Total : 26.31%
0-1 @ 9.03% (-0.0079999999999991 -0.01)
1-2 @ 7.55% (-0.0059999999999993 -0.01)
0-2 @ 5.45% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
1-3 @ 3.04% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
0-3 @ 2.19% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
2-3 @ 2.1% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
1-4 @ 0.92% (-0.003 -0)
Other @ 2.37%
Total : 32.64%

How you voted: Dundee vs St Johnstone

Dundee
61.8%
Draw
23.5%
St Johnstone
14.7%
34
Head to Head
Sep 2, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 4
St Johnstone
2-2
Dundee
Kucheriavyi (82', 90+6')
MacPherson (72'), McClelland (87'), Carey (90+1')
Tiffoney (35'), Lamie (58')
Docherty (0'), (90+7')
Apr 23, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 1
Dundee
1-1
St Johnstone
Marshall (10')
Adam (54')
Rooney (68')
MacPherson (87'), McCart (90+4')
Jan 26, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 23
St Johnstone
0-0
Dundee
Gordon (65')
Kerr (76')
Dec 1, 2021 7.45pm
Oct 2, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 8
St Johnstone
3-1
Dundee
Kane (31', 39'), May (46')
Kane (21'), Craig (79'), Wotherspoon (89')
Sweeney (74')
McGhee (50')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
Championship Group
CCeltic550095306593
2RangersRangers531187325585
3Hearts513154421268
4Kilmarnock51224644256
5St Mirren51134652-647
6Dundee50144968-1942
Relegation Group
1Aberdeen54104852-448
2Hibernian52125259-746
3Motherwell52035659-343
4St Johnstone51132954-2535
5Ross County51223867-2935
RLivingston52122970-4125
 
First Phase
CCeltic33246380265478
2RangersRangers33243672234975
3Hearts33195946341262
4Kilmarnock33131284334951
5St Mirren33127143843-543
6Dundee331011124454-1041
7Hibernian33912124451-739
8Motherwell33813124651-537
9Aberdeen33811143549-1435
10St Johnstone33710162446-2231
11Ross County3379173256-2430
RLivingston3339212259-3718


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!