MX23RW : Tuesday, May 21 06:10:22| >> :600:2545210:2545210:
St Mirren logo
Scottish Cup | Fifth Round
Feb 11, 2024 at 2pm UK
The Smisa Stadium
Celtic logo

St Mirren
0 - 2
Celtic

FT(HT: 0-1)
Furuhashi (15'), Maeda (53')
Palma (44'), Bernabei (67')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Scottish Cup clash between St Mirren and Celtic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: St Mirren 2-0 Dundee
Wednesday, February 7 at 8.15pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Hibernian 1-2 Celtic
Wednesday, February 7 at 8pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: St Mirren 0-2 Celtic

Celtic are certainly not operating at their best levels in recent weeks and meet a St Mirren side who are gaining momentum, but Rodgers still has an abundance of quality in his ranks, even with several notable absentees, and they should have more than enough to advance to the final eight nonetheless. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Celtic win with a probability of 75.01%. A draw had a probability of 15.4% and a win for St Mirren had a probability of 9.59%.

The most likely scoreline for a Celtic win was 0-2 with a probability of 11.51%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-3 (9.71%) and 1-2 (9.15%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (7.24%), while for a St Mirren win it was 2-1 (2.88%). The actual scoreline of 0-2 was predicted with an 11.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted a 0-2 win for Celtic in this match.

Result
St MirrenDrawCeltic
9.59% (0.2101 0.21) 15.4% (0.618 0.62) 75.01% (-0.834 -0.83)
Both teams to score 50.48% (-1.647 -1.65)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
64.55% (-2.481 -2.48)35.44% (2.474 2.47)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
42.52% (-2.799 -2.8)57.48% (2.793 2.79)
St Mirren Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
54.85% (-1.337 -1.34)45.15% (1.331 1.33)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
18.95% (-1.082 -1.08)81.05% (1.075 1.08)
Celtic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
92.03% (-0.749 -0.75)7.97% (0.7429 0.74)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
71.87% (-1.919 -1.92)28.12% (1.912 1.91)
Score Analysis
    St Mirren 9.59%
    Celtic 75.01%
    Draw 15.4%
St MirrenDrawCeltic
2-1 @ 2.88% (0.045 0.04)
1-0 @ 2.86% (0.248 0.25)
2-0 @ 1.14% (0.059 0.06)
3-2 @ 0.97% (-0.058 -0.06)
Other @ 1.75%
Total : 9.59%
1-1 @ 7.24% (0.373 0.37)
2-2 @ 3.64% (-0.081 -0.08)
0-0 @ 3.6% (0.432 0.43)
Other @ 0.92%
Total : 15.4%
0-2 @ 11.51% (0.59 0.59)
0-3 @ 9.71% (0.134 0.13)
1-2 @ 9.15% (0.135 0.14)
0-1 @ 9.1% (0.781 0.78)
1-3 @ 7.72% (-0.18 -0.18)
0-4 @ 6.14% (-0.149 -0.15)
1-4 @ 4.88% (-0.307 -0.31)
0-5 @ 3.11% (-0.198 -0.2)
2-3 @ 3.07% (-0.19 -0.19)
1-5 @ 2.47% (-0.257 -0.26)
2-4 @ 1.94% (-0.2 -0.2)
0-6 @ 1.31% (-0.138 -0.14)
1-6 @ 1.04% (-0.152 -0.15)
2-5 @ 0.98% (-0.143 -0.14)
Other @ 2.88%
Total : 75.01%

How you voted: St Mirren vs Celtic

St Mirren
17.2%
Draw
6.9%
Celtic
75.9%
29
Head to Head
Jan 2, 2024 5pm
Gameweek 22
St Mirren
0-3
Celtic

Olusanya (45+3')
Maeda (1'), O'Riley (6'), Taylor (60')
Nov 1, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 11
Celtic
2-1
St Mirren
Turnbull (18'), Oh (83')
Furuhashi (45+2'), Yang (64')
McMenamin (7')
Mandron (82'), Taylor (90+1')
May 20, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 36
Celtic
2-2
St Mirren
Furuhashi (14'), McGregor (81')
Main (4', 39')
Mar 5, 2023 12pm
Gameweek 28
St Mirren
1-5
Celtic
O'Hara (6' pen.)
Jota (56'), Johnston (61'), Abada (70'), O'Riley (72'), Oh (81' pen.)
Feb 11, 2023 5.30pm
Fifth Round
Celtic
5-1
St Mirren
Maeda (16'), Hatate (76' pen., 90+5'), Oh (80'), O'Riley (90')
O'Hara (87' pen.)
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CManchester CityMan City38287396346291
2Arsenal38285591296289
3Liverpool382410486414582
4Aston Villa382081076611568
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs382061274611366
6Chelsea381891177631463
7Newcastle UnitedNewcastle381861485622360
8Manchester UnitedMan Utd38186145758-160
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham381410146074-1452
10Crystal Palace381310155758-149
11Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton381212145562-748
12Bournemouth38139165467-1348
13Fulham38138175561-647
14Wolverhampton WanderersWolves38137185065-1546
15Everton38139164051-1140
16Brentford38109195665-939
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3899204967-1832
RLuton TownLuton3868245285-3326
RBurnley3859244178-3724
RSheffield UnitedSheff Utd38372835104-6916


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!