MX23RW : Monday, May 27 22:20:50| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
St Johnstone logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 26
Feb 18, 2024 at 12pm UK
McDiarmid Park
Rangers logo

St Johnstone
0 - 3
Rangers


Keltjens (35'), Phillips (71'), McGowan (74')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Diomande (37'), Tavernier (79' pen., 87' pen.)

The Match

Match Report

Rangers climb above rivals Celtic to the top of the Scottish Premiership table after beating St Johnstone 3-0 at McDiarmid Park.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Scottish Premiership clash between St Johnstone and Rangers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Dundee 2-1 St Johnstone
Sunday, February 11 at 2pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Rangers 3-1 Ross County
Wednesday, February 14 at 7.45pm in Scottish Premiership

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Rangers win with a probability of 77.16%. A draw had a probability of 15.4% and a win for St Johnstone had a probability of 7.45%.

The most likely scoreline for a Rangers win was 0-2 with a probability of 14.53%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (12.25%) and 0-3 (11.49%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (7.24%), while for a St Johnstone win it was 1-0 (3.05%). The actual scoreline of 0-3 was predicted with an 11.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 0-3 win for Rangers in this match and our data analysis correctly predicted the win for Rangers.

Result
St JohnstoneDrawRangers
7.45% (-0.315 -0.32) 15.38% (-0.288 -0.29) 77.16% (0.604 0.6)
Both teams to score 40.46% (-0.552 -0.55)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.84% (0.163 0.16)43.16% (-0.163 -0.16)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.44% (0.16 0.16)65.55% (-0.16 -0.16)
St Johnstone Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
44.63% (-0.702 -0.7)55.37% (0.702 0.7)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
11.9% (-0.419 -0.42)88.1% (0.42 0.42)
Rangers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
90.67% (0.187 0.19)9.33% (-0.187 -0.19)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
68.54% (0.443 0.44)31.46% (-0.443 -0.44)
Score Analysis
    St Johnstone 7.45%
    Rangers 77.16%
    Draw 15.38%
St JohnstoneDrawRangers
1-0 @ 3.05% (-0.088 -0.09)
2-1 @ 2.14% (-0.09 -0.09)
2-0 @ 0.9% (-0.046 -0.05)
Other @ 1.35%
Total : 7.45%
1-1 @ 7.24% (-0.147 -0.15)
0-0 @ 5.17% (-0.037 -0.04)
2-2 @ 2.54% (-0.085 -0.09)
Other @ 0.43%
Total : 15.38%
0-2 @ 14.53% (0.14 0.14)
0-1 @ 12.25% (0.02 0.02)
0-3 @ 11.49% (0.21 0.21)
1-2 @ 8.59% (-0.101 -0.1)
0-4 @ 6.81% (0.179 0.18)
1-3 @ 6.79% (-0.022 -0.02)
1-4 @ 4.03% (0.021 0.02)
0-5 @ 3.23% (0.111 0.11)
2-3 @ 2.01% (-0.05 -0.05)
1-5 @ 1.91% (0.026 0.03)
0-6 @ 1.28% (0.055 0.05)
2-4 @ 1.19% (-0.02 -0.02)
Other @ 3.05%
Total : 77.16%

How you voted: St Johnstone vs Rangers

St Johnstone
11.5%
Draw
9.6%
Rangers
78.8%
52
Head to Head
Dec 20, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 12
Rangers
2-0
St Johnstone
Dessers (28'), Tavernier (85' pen.)
Goldson (45+2'), Cantwell (90+3')

Smith (38'), Phillips (45')
Jaiyesimi (33')
Sep 16, 2023 12.30pm
Gameweek 5
St Johnstone
0-2
Rangers

Costelloe (30'), Smith (47'), Kane (60'), MacLean (73'), Olufunwa (76'), Robinson (85')
Danilo (16'), Matondo (79')
Raskin (34'), Tavernier (88')
Jan 28, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 23
Rangers
2-0
St Johnstone
Tavernier (15' pen.), Kamara (57')
Jan 21, 2023 5.30pm
Nov 6, 2022 12pm
Gameweek 14
St Johnstone
2-1
Rangers
Brown (41'), Clark (62')
Tavernier (74')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
Championship Group
CCeltic550095306593
2RangersRangers531187325585
3Hearts513154421268
4Kilmarnock51224644256
5St Mirren51134652-647
6Dundee50144968-1942
Relegation Group
1Aberdeen54104852-448
2Hibernian52125259-746
3Motherwell52035659-343
4St Johnstone51132954-2535
5Ross County51223867-2935
RLivingston52122970-4125
 
First Phase
CCeltic33246380265478
2RangersRangers33243672234975
3Hearts33195946341262
4Kilmarnock33131284334951
5St Mirren33127143843-543
6Dundee331011124454-1041
7Hibernian33912124451-739
8Motherwell33813124651-537
9Aberdeen33811143549-1435
10St Johnstone33710162446-2231
11Ross County3379173256-2430
RLivingston3339212259-3718


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!