MX23RW : Saturday, July 20 01:41:44| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Dundee United
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
St Mirren logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 37
May 15, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
The Smisa Stadium
Hearts logo

St Mirren
2 - 2
Hearts

Scott (7'), Bolton (65')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Tagawa (20'), Shankland (73')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Scottish Premiership clash between St Mirren and Hearts, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: St Mirren 0-1 Kilmarnock
Saturday, May 11 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Hearts 3-0 Dundee
Saturday, May 11 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: St Mirren 1-2 Hearts

St Mirren are stumbling towards the finishing line and could miss out on European football altogether if their poor run of form continues. Shankland was back amongst the goals on the weekend for Hearts, and we reckon that the towering striker will fire the visitors to victory on Wednesday night. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a St Mirren win with a probability of 38.07%. A win for Hearts had a probability of 36.03% and a draw had a probability of 25.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a St Mirren win was 1-0 with a probability of 9.3%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.39%) and 2-0 (6.35%). The likeliest Hearts win was 0-1 (9%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.28%). The actual scoreline of 2-2 was predicted with a 5.5% likelihood.

Result
St MirrenDrawHearts
38.07% (0.212 0.21) 25.89% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01) 36.03% (-0.204 -0.2)
Both teams to score 54.6% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
50.3% (0.027999999999999 0.03)49.7% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
28.29% (0.026 0.03)71.71% (-0.028000000000006 -0.03)
St Mirren Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.46% (0.13200000000001 0.13)25.53% (-0.134 -0.13)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
39.61% (0.178 0.18)60.39% (-0.18 -0.18)
Hearts Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.31% (-0.10499999999999 -0.1)26.68% (0.102 0.1)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.06% (-0.137 -0.14)61.93% (0.136 0.14)
Score Analysis
    St Mirren 38.07%
    Hearts 36.03%
    Draw 25.88%
St MirrenDrawHearts
1-0 @ 9.3% (0.024000000000001 0.02)
2-1 @ 8.39% (0.028 0.03)
2-0 @ 6.35% (0.04 0.04)
3-1 @ 3.82% (0.027 0.03)
3-0 @ 2.89% (0.028 0.03)
3-2 @ 2.52% (0.011 0.01)
4-1 @ 1.3% (0.014 0.01)
4-0 @ 0.99% (0.013 0.01)
Other @ 2.52%
Total : 38.07%
1-1 @ 12.28% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 6.81% (-0.008 -0.01)
2-2 @ 5.54% (0.0020000000000007 0)
3-3 @ 1.11% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 25.88%
0-1 @ 9% (-0.038 -0.04)
1-2 @ 8.12% (-0.026999999999999 -0.03)
0-2 @ 5.95% (-0.043 -0.04)
1-3 @ 3.57% (-0.023 -0.02)
0-3 @ 2.62% (-0.027 -0.03)
2-3 @ 2.44% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
1-4 @ 1.18% (-0.011 -0.01)
Other @ 3.16%
Total : 36.03%

How you voted: St Mirren vs Hearts

St Mirren
12.2%
Draw
18.4%
Hearts
69.4%
49
Head to Head
Apr 6, 2024 3pm
Gameweek 32
St Mirren
1-2
Hearts
Olusanya (68')
Tanser (82')
Grant (33' pen.), Mandron (62' og.)
Tait (45+3'), Sibbick (62')
Dec 23, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 19
Hearts
2-0
St Mirren
Shankland (33', 49')
Atkinson (66'), Halkett (78')

Gogic (2'), Tanser (22'), Boyd-Munce (76')
Sep 23, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 6
St Mirren
1-0
Hearts
Strain (7')
Baccus (24'), Olusanya (25')

Rowles (24')
May 13, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 35
St Mirren
2-2
Hearts
Shaughnessy (36'), Strain (45+4')
Taylor (23'), Kiltie (29')
Ginnelly (73'), Shankland (90+6' pen.)
Rowles (17'), Naismith (18'), Devlin (44'), Atkinson (65'), Kiomourtzoglou (80')
Haring (77')
Apr 8, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 31
Hearts
0-2
St Mirren
Main (52'), Gogic (57')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Aberdeen00000000
2Celtic00000000
3Dundee00000000
4Dundee UnitedDundee Utd00000000
5Hearts00000000
6Hibernian00000000
7Kilmarnock00000000
8Motherwell00000000
9RangersRangers00000000
10Ross County00000000
11St Johnstone00000000
12St Mirren00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!