MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 13:26:23| >> :120:17135:17135:
[monks data]
Levante logo
La Liga | Gameweek 14
Nov 19, 2021 at 8pm UK
Estadi Ciutat de Valencia
Athletic Bilbao logo

Levante
0 - 0
Athletic Bilbao


Marti (6'), Vezo (90+3')
FT

Alvarez (16')

Preview: Levante vs. Athletic Bilbao - prediction, team news, lineups

Sports Mole previews Friday's La Liga clash between Levante and Athletic Bilbao, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Athletic Bilbao will be looking to bounce back from a home defeat to Cadiz before the international break when they resume their La Liga campaign away to a struggling Levante on Friday night.

The visitors are currently eighth in Spain's top flight, having picked up 18 points from their opening 12 matches, while Levante sit 19th with just six points to show from their first 13 games of 2021-22.


Match preview

Levante's Marti Roger celebrates scoring their first goal with teammates on August 22, 2021© Reuters

Levante are the only team in La Liga yet to record a victory this season, drawing six and losing seven of their opening 13 matches, which has left them in 19th in the table on six points.

The Frogs are playing in their fifth straight season at this level of football, finishing 15th, 15th, 12th and 14th in their last four campaigns, and the early indications are that it could be a tough season.

Javier Pereira's side picked up an impressive point at home to the champions Atletico Madrid at the end of October but were unable to build on that result, losing their last two to Granada and Alaves.

Levante have not actually been victorious in the league since overcoming Elche on April 10, and they are now facing two difficult matches to end the month against Athletic and Real Betis.

Athletic Bilbao players celebrate scoring against Barcelona on August 21, 2021© Reuters

Athletic, meanwhile, suffered a surprise 1-0 loss to Cadiz before the international break, with Salvi Sanchez on the scoresheet in the early stages of the contest at San Mames.

The defeat was a setback for the Basque outfit considering their positive start to the season, but they are still up in eighth position, picking up 18 points from their opening 12 games of the campaign.

Athletic are only actually three points behind fifth-placed Real Betis with a game in hand and have impressed defensively this season, conceding just eight times, which is the second-best record in the division.

That said, Marcelino's side, who drew with Espanyol and Real Sociedad ahead of the one-goal reverse to Cadiz on November 5, are the third-lowest scorers in La Liga with 11.

The Lions finished 10th in Spain's top flight last term but claimed fifth as recent as 2015-16 and will believe that they have the squad to challenge for a potential European finish this term.

Levante La Liga form:
  • L
  • D
  • L
  • D
  • L
  • L

Athletic Bilbao La Liga form:
  • D
  • W
  • W
  • D
  • D
  • L



Team News

Levante's Jose Luis Morales celebrates scoring their first goal against Barcelona in La Liga on May 11, 2021© Reuters

Levante will be without the services of Jorge de Frutos due to a muscular problem, while Roger Marti and Sergio Postigo remain doubts for the home side here.

De Frutos's absence will open the door for Alejandro Cantero to feature in the final third of the field, where he could be joined by Roberto Soldado and Jose Luis Morales.

Nemanja Radoja could also be introduced in the middle of the park, but Enis Bardhi and Jose Campana are both expected to retain their spots in the first XI.

As for Athletic, Peru Nolaskoain remains on the sidelines with an ankle problem, while the match is expected to come too soon for both Daniel Vivian and Yuri Berchiche.

Asier Villalibre is available following recent problem, though, and Inigo Martinez will also be in the squad, with the centre-back serving a suspension against Cadiz last time out.

Raul Garcia is expected to start alongside Inaki Williams in the final third of the field, while Alex Berenguer and Iker Muniain should again feature in the wide positions.

Levante possible starting lineup:
Fernandez; Miramon, Vezo, Pier, Clerc; Bardhi, Campana, Radoja; Cantero, Soldado, Morales

Athletic Bilbao possible starting lineup:
Simon; Lekue, Alvarez, Martinez, Balenziaga; Berenguer, Vencedor, D Garcia, Muniain; Williams, R Garcia


SM words green background

We say: Levante 0-1 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic have found it difficult to find the back of the net in La Liga this season, so we are expecting this to be a low-scoring affair. Levante will end their winless run at some point, but we are struggling to back the home side here and have ultimately settled on a one-goal victory for Marcelino's team.



Top tip

Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting over 1.5 goals in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Over 1.5:data



ID:470350:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect9570:

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Athletic Bilbao win with a probability of 45.14%. A draw had a probability of 27.6% and a win for Levante had a probability of 27.27%.

The most likely scoreline for an Athletic Bilbao win was 0-1 with a probability of 13.16%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-2 (8.85%) and 1-2 (8.67%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.89%), while for a Levante win it was 1-0 (9.59%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 9.8% likelihood.


Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Game History

How you voted: Levante vs Athletic Bilbao

Levante
20.1%
Draw
15.4%
Athletic Bilbao
64.5%
169
Collect / Create New Data
Share this article now:
Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann celebrates scoring their second goal with teammates on October 19, 2021
Read Next:
Sunday's La Liga predictions including Atletico Madrid vs. Real Betis
>
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free daily transfer newsletter! Sent twice a day during the transfer window.
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!