MX23RW : Friday, May 24 06:16:35| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Leicester logo
Championship | Gameweek 38
Apr 23, 2024 at 8pm UK
King Power Stadium
Southampton logo

Leicester
5 - 0
Southampton

Fatawu (25', 75', 81'), Ndidi (62'), Vardy (79')
Vestergaard (66')
FT(HT: 1-0)

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Championship clash between Leicester City and Southampton, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Leicester 2-1 West Brom
Saturday, April 20 at 12.30pm in Championship
Last Game: Cardiff 2-1 Southampton
Saturday, April 20 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Leicester City 3-1 Southampton

Although not at their best versus West Brom - particular during the first period - Leicester got the job done, and we can imagine a similar narrative unfolding on Tuesday night. Southampton will be sapped of energy following Saturday's last-minute defeat at Cardiff, so we are predicting back-to-back losses for the Saints. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Leicester City win with a probability of 52.64%. A win for Southampton had a probability of 25.26% and a draw had a probability of 22.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Leicester City win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.62%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.75%) and 2-0 (7.5%). The likeliest Southampton win was 1-2 (6.37%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.94%). The actual scoreline of 5-0 was predicted with a 0.9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Leicester City would win this match.

Result
Leicester CityDrawSouthampton
52.64%22.1% (0.0030000000000001 0) 25.26%
Both teams to score 61.83% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
62.38% (-0.0080000000000027 -0.01)37.62% (0.012 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
40.14% (-0.0080000000000027 -0.01)59.86% (0.011000000000003 0.01)
Leicester City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.56% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)14.44% (0.0050000000000008 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
57.62% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)42.38% (0.009999999999998 0.01)
Southampton Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.27% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)27.73% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.7% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)63.3% (0.0079999999999956 0.01)
Score Analysis
    Leicester City 52.64%
    Southampton 25.26%
    Draw 22.1%
Leicester CityDrawSouthampton
2-1 @ 9.62%
1-0 @ 7.75% (0.0029999999999992 0)
2-0 @ 7.5% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-1 @ 6.2%
3-0 @ 4.84%
3-2 @ 3.98% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-1 @ 3% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-0 @ 2.34%
4-2 @ 1.93% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
5-1 @ 1.16%
5-0 @ 0.91%
Other @ 3.42%
Total : 52.64%
1-1 @ 9.94% (0.0020000000000007 0)
2-2 @ 6.17%
0-0 @ 4% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-3 @ 1.7% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 0.29%
Total : 22.1%
1-2 @ 6.37%
0-1 @ 5.14% (0.0019999999999998 0)
0-2 @ 3.29% (0.00099999999999989 0)
1-3 @ 2.73%
2-3 @ 2.64% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-3 @ 1.41%
Other @ 3.69%
Total : 25.26%

How you voted: Leicester vs Southampton

Leicester City
77.8%
Draw
12.7%
Southampton
9.5%
221
Head to Head
Sep 15, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 6
Southampton
1-4
Leicester
Edozie (25')
Smallbone (32'), Manning (73')
Deen Sulemana (90+7')
Vardy (1'), McAteer (18'), Ndidi (45+3'), Mavididi (67')
Maresca (33'), Dewsbury-Hall (39'), Winks (51'), Fatawu (73'), Akgun (90+2')
Mar 4, 2023 5.30pm
Aug 20, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 3
Leicester
1-2
Southampton
Maddison (54')
Daka (76'), Maddison (90+4')
Adams (68', 84')
Elyounoussi (64'), Aribo (82'), Lavia (90+4')
May 22, 2022 4pm
Gameweek 38
Leicester
4-1
Southampton
Maddison (49'), Vardy (74'), Perez (81', 90+6')
Ward-Prowse (79' pen.)
Romeu (70')
Dec 1, 2021 7.30pm
Gameweek 14
Southampton
2-2
Leicester
Bednarek (3'), Adams (34')
Romeu (48')
Evans (22'), Maddison (49')
Lookman (55'), Ndidi (82'), Dewsbury-Hall (90+3')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CLeicester CityLeicester463141189414897
3Leeds UnitedLeeds462791081433890
4Southampton462691187632487
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4621121370472375
6Norwich CityNorwich4621101579641573
7Hull City461913146860870
8Middlesbrough46209177162969
9Coventry CityCoventry4617131670591164
10Preston North EndPreston46189195667-1163
11Bristol City461711185351262
12Cardiff CityCardiff46195225370-1762
13Millwall461611194555-1059
14Swansea CitySwansea461512195965-657
15Watford461317166161056
16Sunderland46168225254-256
17Stoke CityStoke461511204960-1156
18Queens Park RangersQPR461511204758-1156
19Blackburn RoversBlackburn461411216074-1453
20Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds46158234468-2453
21Plymouth ArgylePlymouth461312215970-1151
RBirmingham CityBirmingham461311225065-1550
RHuddersfield TownHuddersfield46918194877-2945
RRotherham UnitedRotherham46512293789-5227


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!