MX23RW : Tuesday, May 21 07:50:13| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Millwall logo
Championship | Gameweek 32
Feb 14, 2024 at 8pm UK
The Den
Ipswich logo

Millwall
0 - 4
Ipswich


McNamara (60'), Saville (84'), Leonard (88')
FT(HT: 0-3)
Broadhead (24'), Harding (32' og.), Moore (45+1'), Al-Hamadi (90+3' pen.)
Davis (58')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Championship clash between Millwall and Ipswich Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Coventry 2-1 Millwall
Sunday, February 11 at 12pm in Championship
Last Game: Ipswich 2-2 West Brom
Saturday, February 10 at 12.30pm in Championship

We said: Millwall 1-2 Ipswich Town

Millwall are failing to convert decent performances into results, and the Lions' tough run of fixtures continues with the visit of Ipswich on Wednesday night. The Tractor Boys are beginning to stumble in the race for automatic promotion to the Premier League, but we believe that McKenna's men will record a much-needed maximum at The Den. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Ipswich Town win with a probability of 41.4%. A win for Millwall had a probability of 32.71% and a draw had a probability of 25.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Ipswich Town win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.93%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.77%) and 0-2 (7.08%). The likeliest Millwall win was 1-0 (8.62%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.29%). The actual scoreline of 0-4 was predicted with a 1.2% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Ipswich Town would win this match.

Result
MillwallDrawIpswich Town
32.71% (-0.314 -0.31) 25.88% (0.099999999999998 0.1) 41.4% (0.213 0.21)
Both teams to score 53.95% (-0.422 -0.42)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
49.76% (-0.505 -0.5)50.23% (0.504 0.5)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
27.81% (-0.45 -0.45)72.19% (0.44799999999999 0.45)
Millwall Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.01% (-0.45 -0.45)28.98% (0.448 0.45)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.12% (-0.56 -0.56)64.88% (0.55900000000001 0.56)
Ipswich Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.97% (-0.116 -0.12)24.02% (0.115 0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.71% (-0.166 -0.17)58.28% (0.165 0.16)
Score Analysis
    Millwall 32.71%
    Ipswich Town 41.4%
    Draw 25.88%
MillwallDrawIpswich Town
1-0 @ 8.62% (0.068 0.07)
2-1 @ 7.62% (-0.061 -0.06)
2-0 @ 5.34% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02)
3-1 @ 3.14% (-0.066 -0.07)
3-2 @ 2.24% (-0.054 -0.05)
3-0 @ 2.2% (-0.038 -0.04)
4-1 @ 0.97% (-0.033 -0.03)
Other @ 2.57%
Total : 32.71%
1-1 @ 12.29% (0.049999999999999 0.05)
0-0 @ 6.96% (0.141 0.14)
2-2 @ 5.43% (-0.062 -0.06)
3-3 @ 1.07% (-0.029 -0.03)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 25.88%
0-1 @ 9.93% (0.168 0.17)
1-2 @ 8.77% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-2 @ 7.08% (0.096 0.1)
1-3 @ 4.17% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
0-3 @ 3.37% (0.034 0.03)
2-3 @ 2.58% (-0.039 -0.04)
1-4 @ 1.49% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
0-4 @ 1.2% (0.008 0.01)
2-4 @ 0.92% (-0.017 -0.02)
Other @ 1.9%
Total : 41.4%

How you voted: Millwall vs Ipswich

Millwall
16.4%
Draw
11.8%
Ipswich Town
71.8%
110
Head to Head
Nov 29, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 18
Ipswich
3-1
Millwall
Chaplin (5'), Luongo (12'), Broadhead (39')
Luongo (25'), Broadhead (52')
Nisbet (78')
Flemming (37'), Honeyman (46'), De Norre (54')
Jul 23, 2022 3pm
Club Friendlies
Millwall
1-1
Ipswich
Afobe (15')
Ladapo (54')
Jul 31, 2021 3pm
Pre-season Friendlies
Ipswich
0-3
Millwall
Wallace (38'), Afobe (50'), Malone (54')
McNamara (31')
Jan 1, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 26
Ipswich
2-3
Millwall
Lankester (2'), Jackson (89')
Ferguson (60' pen.), Cooper (68'), Elliott (76')
Morison (66')
Oct 27, 2018 3pm
Gameweek 15
Millwall
3-0
Ipswich
Gregory (26', 51'), Leonard (70')

Pennington (57')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CLeicester CityLeicester463141189414897
3Leeds UnitedLeeds462791081433890
4Southampton462691187632487
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4621121370472375
6Norwich CityNorwich4621101579641573
7Hull City461913146860870
8Middlesbrough46209177162969
9Coventry CityCoventry4617131670591164
10Preston North EndPreston46189195667-1163
11Bristol City461711185351262
12Cardiff CityCardiff46195225370-1762
13Millwall461611194555-1059
14Swansea CitySwansea461512195965-657
15Watford461317166161056
16Sunderland46168225254-256
17Stoke CityStoke461511204960-1156
18Queens Park RangersQPR461511204758-1156
19Blackburn RoversBlackburn461411216074-1453
20Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds46158234468-2453
21Plymouth ArgylePlymouth461312215970-1151
RBirmingham CityBirmingham461311225065-1550
RHuddersfield TownHuddersfield46918194877-2945
RRotherham UnitedRotherham46512293789-5227


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!