MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 14:05:02| >> :120:6257:6257:
[monks data]
Eibar logo
La Liga | Gameweek 10
Nov 22, 2020 at 1pm UK
Ipurua Municipal Stadium
Getafe logo

Eibar
0 - 0
Getafe


Diop (45'), Kike (58')
Kike (88')
FT

Nyom (28'), Bordalas (75'), Mata (79'), Olivera (86'), Chema (90+1')

Preview: Eibar vs. Getafe - prediction, team news, lineups

Sports Mole previews Sunday's La Liga clash between Eibar and Getafe, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Both Eibar and Getafe will be looking to return to winning ways in Spain's top flight when they lock horns at Estadio Municipal de Ipurua on Sunday afternoon.

Eibar are currently 16th in the table, having picked up nine points from their nine La Liga matches this term, while Getafe sit two points above their opponents this weekend in 10th.


Match preview

Eibar boss Jose Luis Mendilibar pictured in September 2019© Reuters

Eibar have not operated outside of Spain's top flight since the 2013-14 campaign, but they finished 14th last season after claiming ninth and 12th in 2017-18 and 2018-19 respectively.

The early indications are that it could be a tough campaign for Los Armeros, who are currently 16th in the table, just three points above the bottom three, and they have played a game more than 18th-placed Levante.

Jose Luis Mendilibar's side impressibly won 1-0 at Sevilla on October 24 but lost 2-0 at home to Cadiz in their next game before drawing with Huesca before the international break.

Eibar are yet to win a single home match this season, while they have only been victorious in one of their last eight La Liga fixtures on their own patch, which is a concern ahead of Sunday's contest.

Getafe head coach Jose Bordalas pictured in August 2020© Reuters

Getafe, meanwhile, have only picked up one point from their last three league matches and entered the international break off the back of a 3-1 home defeat to Villarreal.

A record of three wins, two draws and three defeats from eight matches has seen the capital outfit collect 11 points, leaving them in 10th position in the table heading into the next set of fixtures.

Getafe are only three points off fifth-placed Granada, though, and will be hoping to improve on last season, when they finished eighth, missing out on a spot in the Europa League in the process.

Jose Bordalas's side are yet to win on their travels in the league this term, but they picked up a point against Valencia in their last away clash and will be eyeing another positive result on Sunday afternoon.

Getafe have actually not lost to Eibar in any competition since November 2015 and recorded a 1-0 victory in the corresponding clash between the two sides in 2019-20.

Eibar La Liga form: LWDWLD

Getafe La Liga form: WLWLDL


Team News

Getafe's Jaime Mata scores against Barcelona in La Liga on October 17, 2020© Reuters

Eibar will be unable to call upon either Sergio Cubero or Cote for this weekend's contest, while Recio remains a doubt due to a muscular problem.

The hosts have no other injury concerns heading into the contest, though, and it would not be a surprise to see Mendilibar stick with the same XI that started against Huesca before the international break.

On-loan Newcastle United forward Yoshinori Muto is pushing for a role in attack, but Kike is again expected to lead the line with support from Bryan Gil, Kevin Rodrigues and Takashi Inui.

As for Getafe, Mathias Olivera is likely to miss the next few weeks with a muscular problem, but Damian Suarez is back from a one-game suspension and will be back in the starting XI.

Jaime Mata started on the bench against Villarreal last time out but should return to the side here, while Allan Nyom is expected to switch from full-back to the right side of midfield to allow Suarez to return.

Nemanja Maksimovic and Mauro Arambarri will also be in the team, meaning that David Timor could be the player to drop out of the starting side.

Eibar possible starting lineup:
Dmitrovic; Pozo, Oliveira, Burgos, Arbilla; Alvarez, Edu; Gil, Inui, Rodrigues; Kike

Getafe possible starting lineup:
Soria; Suarez, Rodriguez, Dakonam, Cabaco; Nyom, Arambarri, Maksimovic, Cucurella; Hernandez, Mata


SM words green background

We say: Eibar 1-2 Getafe

Getafe will feel that they are due a win in Spain's top flight after a disappointing run of form, and we fancy the visitors to triumph narrowly on Sunday afternoon as Eibar's home record is far from convincing.


Top betting tip

Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting a double chance bet on a draw or an away win in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Draw/Away:data



ID:423005:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect7787:

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Getafe win with a probability of 38.49%. A win for Eibar had a probability of 31.72% and a draw had a probability of 29.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Getafe win was 0-1 with a probability of 13.59%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-2 (7.62%) and 1-2 (7.54%). The likeliest Eibar win was 1-0 (11.98%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.44%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 12.1% likelihood.


Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Game History

Who will win Sunday's La Liga clash between Eibar and Getafe?

Eibar
26.0%
Draw
26.6%
Getafe
47.5%
177
Collect / Create New Data
Share this article now:
Ronald Koeman pictured in charge of Barcelona during a pre-season friendly on September 16, 2020
Read Next:
Koeman hits out at Getafe disrespect after Barca defeat
>
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free daily transfer newsletter! Sent twice a day during the transfer window.
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!