MX23RW : Saturday, June 15 13:38:26| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Wigan logo
League One | Gameweek 43
Apr 6, 2024 at 3pm UK
The DW Stadium
Port Vale

Wigan
0 - 0
Port Vale


Shaw (87'), Kelman (90')
FT

Garrity (24')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Wigan Athletic and Port Vale, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Cambridge 3-1 Wigan
Monday, April 1 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Northampton 2-0 Port Vale
Monday, April 1 at 3pm in League One

We said: Wigan Athletic 1-1 Port Vale

Port Vale will be targeting all three points to aid fight against relegation, but we think that the visitors may have to settle for a point against a Wigan side that are unbeaten in five home matches. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Wigan Athletic win with a probability of 47.37%. A win for Port Vale had a probability of 26.82% and a draw had a probability of 25.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Wigan Athletic win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.51%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.23%) and 2-0 (8.67%). The likeliest Port Vale win was 0-1 (8.15%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.26%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 7.7% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a draw in this match.

Result
Wigan AthleticDrawPort Vale
47.37% (-0.087000000000003 -0.09) 25.8% (0.0030000000000001 0) 26.82% (0.086000000000002 0.09)
Both teams to score 50.99% (0.058999999999997 0.06)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
47.41% (0.045999999999999 0.05)52.59% (-0.042999999999999 -0.04)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
25.76% (0.041 0.04)74.24% (-0.037000000000006 -0.04)
Wigan Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.8% (-0.018999999999991 -0.02)22.2% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.39% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)55.61% (0.033000000000001 0.03)
Port Vale Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.53% (0.093999999999994 0.09)34.47% (-0.090999999999994 -0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.82% (0.099 0.1)71.18% (-0.096000000000004 -0.1)
Score Analysis
    Wigan Athletic 47.37%
    Port Vale 26.82%
    Draw 25.8%
Wigan AthleticDrawPort Vale
1-0 @ 11.51% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
2-1 @ 9.23% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)
2-0 @ 8.67% (-0.026 -0.03)
3-1 @ 4.63% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-0 @ 4.35% (-0.016 -0.02)
3-2 @ 2.47% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-1 @ 1.74% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
4-0 @ 1.64% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
4-2 @ 0.93%
Other @ 2.2%
Total : 47.37%
1-1 @ 12.26%
0-0 @ 7.65% (-0.013 -0.01)
2-2 @ 4.92% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
Other @ 0.97%
Total : 25.8%
0-1 @ 8.15% (0.0059999999999985 0.01)
1-2 @ 6.53% (0.017 0.02)
0-2 @ 4.34% (0.015000000000001 0.02)
1-3 @ 2.32% (0.012 0.01)
2-3 @ 1.75% (0.008 0.01)
0-3 @ 1.54% (0.0089999999999999 0.01)
Other @ 2.19%
Total : 26.82%

How you voted: Wigan vs Port Vale

Wigan Athletic
50.0%
Draw
12.5%
Port Vale
37.5%
16
Head to Head
Dec 16, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 22
Port Vale
3-2
Wigan
Chislett (21', 43', 83')
Devine (59'), Balmer (67'), Massey (68'), Ripley (85')
Sze (63'), Wyke (77')
Jones (59'), McManaman (67'), Tickle (83'), Sze (85'), Smith (90')
Oct 6, 2020 7pm
Group Stage
Wigan
1-3
Port Vale
Pearce (79')
Robinson (13', 30'), Montano (55')
Jan 30, 2016 3pm
Wigan
3-0
Port Vale
Duffy (7' og.), Grigg (41' pen., 69')

Duffy (84')
McGivern (39')
Sep 12, 2015 3pm
Port Vale
3-2
Wigan
Grant (34'), Dodds (64'), Ikpeazu (90')
Moore (12'), Grant (68'), McCourt (87')
McCann (66'), Barnett (83')
Kenny (60'), Perkins (85')
Barnett (88')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 15
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Switzerland Switzerland00000
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!