MX23RW : Saturday, June 15 03:29:18| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Burton Albion
League One | Gameweek 40
Mar 23, 2024 at 3pm UK
Pirelli Stadium
Port Vale

Burton Albion
0 - 1
Port Vale


Nsiala (28'), Hamer (74')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Loft (83')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Burton Albion and Port Vale, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Exeter 1-0 Burton Albion
Saturday, March 16 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Port Vale 0-2 Oxford Utd
Saturday, March 16 at 3pm in League One

We said: Burton Albion 1-1 Port Vale

Both teams will be gunning for victory as they look to boost their survival hopes, but with the two sides finding wins hard to come by, we think that they may have to settle for a share of the spoils. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Burton Albion win with a probability of 37.61%. A win for Port Vale had a probability of 35% and a draw had a probability of 27.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Burton Albion win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.87%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.08%) and 2-0 (6.78%). The likeliest Port Vale win was 0-1 (10.4%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.96%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 10.4% likelihood.

Result
Burton AlbionDrawPort Vale
37.61% (-0.0030000000000001 -0) 27.39% (-0.0019999999999989 -0) 35% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)
Both teams to score 49.62%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
44.04%55.96% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.94% (0.00099999999999767 0)77.06% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Burton Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.25% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)28.75% (-0.0020000000000024 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.41% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)64.59% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)
Port Vale Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.65%30.35% (-0.004999999999999 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.46% (0.0020000000000024 0)66.54% (-0.0069999999999908 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Burton Albion 37.6%
    Port Vale 35%
    Draw 27.38%
Burton AlbionDrawPort Vale
1-0 @ 10.87%
2-1 @ 8.08%
2-0 @ 6.78% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-1 @ 3.36%
3-0 @ 2.82% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-2 @ 2%
4-1 @ 1.05%
Other @ 2.65%
Total : 37.6%
1-1 @ 12.96% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 8.73% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
2-2 @ 4.82% (0.0010000000000003 0)
Other @ 0.87%
Total : 27.38%
0-1 @ 10.4%
1-2 @ 7.73%
0-2 @ 6.2%
1-3 @ 3.07%
0-3 @ 2.47% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-3 @ 1.92%
1-4 @ 0.92%
Other @ 2.29%
Total : 35%

How you voted: Burton Albion vs Port Vale

Burton Albion
37.7%
Draw
41.5%
Port Vale
20.8%
53
Head to Head
Nov 14, 2023 7.45pm
First Round Replays
Burton Albion
0-2
Port Vale

Lubala (15'), Hamer (18')
Massey (31'), Cass (82')
Nov 4, 2023 3pm
First Round
Port Vale
0-0
Burton Albion
Smith (18')
Sweeney (2'), Oshilaja (43'), Powell (45'), Walker (64')
Sep 19, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 7
Port Vale
2-3
Burton Albion
Garrity (40'), Arblaster (86')
Clark (64'), Ripley (70')
Lubala (11'), Seddon (51'), Baah (61')
Hughes (17'), Helm (75'), Powell (90')
Mar 18, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 37
Port Vale
2-3
Burton Albion
Harrison (2'), Proctor (80')
Taylor (8', 67'), Smith (48' pen.)
Aug 20, 2022 3pm
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 15
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Switzerland Switzerland00000
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!